• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Doorman inquired about my style. How do I break it to him?

jeff13007

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by sonlegoman
More importantly, didn't this guy lose his internets because he couldn't afford it? Or he claimed he would stop paying for internets. This only shows the guy's business acumen. I would keep the internet to search for a new job and sell the Camr...I mean Bentley. And then take the bus.
Well if he did that, what would he do if the bus driver asked where his suit was from?

ginlimetonic

Reaction score
Originally Posted by JonHecht
Say, "I'll tell you where my suit is from if you tell me where you got your job."

har har.. that was funny.
bounce2.gif

JensenH

Reaction score
Originally Posted by jeff13007
Well if he did that, what would he do if the bus driver asked where his suit was from?

Well, he's better off walking than taking the bus. Since he has lost his job, his Bentley, his Manhattan apartment with a doorman, all his money, and his internet connection, he should just economize and save the bus fare.

Oh, but wait, what if a homeless guy asks him where he got his $200 navy suit? Being such a sensitive and caring guy, how can he break it to the bum that he couldn't possibly afford it?

Eason

Bicurious Racist
Reaction score
I was thinking about this thread the other day, wondering what the **** is wrong with some people.

laphroaig

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Eason
I was thinking about this thread the other day, wondering what the **** is wrong with some people.
Don't even try. You can't know if someone is taking the piss or being serious. There is too much overlap here between people trolling and being oddly honest. I think most people aren't being malicious. They just think they're responding to a troll.

JensenH

Reaction score
If you have not already done so, read this thread from beginning to end. It is hilarious.

JelloLover

Reaction score
This is hilarious....you know that if you are lucky, u can find RLPL at century 21 for dirt cheap.....under 100 bucks....you are an idiot....

itsraylamb

Reaction score
Just tell him the truth. Let him determine what he can afford. To you it may be a luxury to him it might be an investment.

HighSociety

Reaction score
Originally Posted by JelloLover
This is hilarious....you know that if you are lucky, u can find RLPL at century 21 for dirt cheap.....under 100 bucks....you are an idiot....

You're the idiot for believing me.

lasbar

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by HighSociety
You're the idiot for believing me.

If you're a post-modernist troll coming to Style Forum to show the vacuity of our consumer-led materialistic society you're the greatest troll we have seen such Herr Corniche.

If you're a dickhead thinking that owning a Bentley will make people on Style Forum envious, you're just targeting the wrong crowd and showing a serious lack of judgement.

If you're just bored , you're also fine.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads