Do you Own The HTC "EVO" 4G by Spring

Discussion in 'Fine Living, Home, Design & Auto' started by Stedye, Aug 10, 2010.

1. Stedye

Stedye Senior member

I had avoided cell phones for years because I have a privated phone in my office and a land line. I finally made the leap back in August and purchased an EVO. I love it ! What are some of the great
    features and Apps that you currently enjoy and can share with other EVO devotees that are Style
    Forum members. We appreciate the shared comments.

2. NH_Clark

NH_Clark Senior member

my wife has been looking at this one.. I heard that the battery life sucks donkey ass.

3. Althis

Althis Senior member

battery life is great after it's been tweaked, plus there are aftermarket higher capacity batteries

4. Xericx

Xericx Senior member

the thing is fast as hell. Battery life does blow if you surf the web alot.

recently discovered the ability to dictate text messages, emails, etc built in to the phone. [​IMG]

5. k9n

k9n Senior member

Just got the phone 2 days ago, and as my first non-blacberry smartphone, it has changed my life!

6. sexandcandy

sexandcandy Senior member

gets hilarious about halfway through

IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags.

7. StephenHero

StephenHero Black Floridian

8. Althis

Althis Senior member

i love the big screen, and the funny thing is people were blaming the low battery life because of the big screen taking all the power but when i look at my battery usage the display takes only 3-4% and the big power users are cell standby, phone idle, android system and voice calls, but i guess it depends on what you use most

9. Jumbie

Jumbie Senior member

Have it. Love it.

Rooted and got better battery life with some of the ROMs out there but it's still not that great. Got two batteries on eBay for $10 just in case though.

It's lasted me through 30+ hours at the hospital with light use but if I had more time to surf the web and stuff it'd die fast. The big screen is just going to equal poor battery life no matter what.

10. Althis

Althis Senior member

my benchmarks from linpack and quadrant are really high now, ~45 on linpack and ~1450 on quadrant

11. Rambo

Rambo Senior member

Somebody edit the thread title. Or point me to where I can sign up for service with Spring.

12. Stedye

Stedye Senior member

I started the thread and I don't work for Sprint. I just appreciate the phone and want to get feedback from others with a similar appreciation. Other phones have had the spotlight....The EVO deserves its time .

13. michael3469

michael3469 Member

Good for you but I believe Rambo was referring to your spelling of Sprint in the title of this thread.