• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

CAVOUR Official Community - Discuss Tailoring, Shirting, Shoes & More - Official Affiliate Thread

BomTrady

Reaction score
The CA workshop is rather quiet, that is true.
Vincent Villa is their head of sales in Europe. You are thinking of Vincenzo Attolini, the third brother. He broke out of the family business, and started Stile Latino. It is manufacturing in the old CA factory. The style is a little younger, and a little more «trendy» in luck of a better word. Also well made. Quite big in Japan.
@kevinsvindland thank you.....do you have the measurements for the CA jackets someplace on the site?

Royal_Airforce

Reaction score
Wish i was skinny enough to wear Cavour house line

I am anything but skinny at a chest size 40 with a drop 7, and the house line fits pretty well. Shoulders are not exactly 'extended' on my size 50, and sleeve heads not the fullest, but it turns out lightly and happily as a more modern Neapolitan cut.

Of course if you are in more of an Ethan Newton figure (which I may be quickly moving towards, albeit not with fear, given how well he pull his fits off), sizing up is always a bless.

dukenukem4ever

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How's the fit on the suits? Are they all cut exactly the same? I'm looking at the High Twist Summer Suit. Can Cavour provide full measurements of that particular suiting? Or is the general size guide an exact representation for all the suits sold on the website?

I'm looking to pick up a couple of suits, but worried about the fitting / cutting on them. Need support... @kevinsvindland Thank you!

kevinsvindland

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
How's the fit on the suits? Are they all cut exactly the same? I'm looking at the High Twist Summer Suit. Can Cavour provide full measurements of that particular suiting? Or is the general size guide an exact representation for all the suits sold on the website?

I'm looking to pick up a couple of suits, but worried about the fitting / cutting on them. Need support... @kevinsvindland Thank you!

Hi,

They are all the same cut, Yes.
The pleated trousers have marginally more room in the thigh, apart from that they follow the same chart.

Due to the corona outbreak we were not able to get the new cut ready for this season, so an alternative model will be available come fall.

kevinsvindland

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Any progress in getting the new shirt sizing charts?

If it is not up yet, then no.
But I have the Cavour Sartoria Shirt size chart from the factory here, if you dont mind brushing up on your Italian.:)
The blacked out rows are for other wrist sizes in this pattern, which we have not used.

BB5584DA-5ED2-4BB3-883F-7E687686C1CA.jpeg

kevinsvindland

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
I am anything but skinny at a chest size 40 with a drop 7, and the house line fits pretty well. Shoulders are not exactly 'extended' on my size 50, and sleeve heads not the fullest, but it turns out lightly and happily as a more modern Neapolitan cut.

Of course if you are in more of an Ethan Newton figure (which I may be quickly moving towards, albeit not with fear, given how well he pull his fits off), sizing up is always a bless.

Ethan is for sure one of the best dressed men in this business. I guess bespoke Dalcuore and Ambrosi will do that to you.:)

kevinsvindland

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
@kevinsvindland thank you.....do you have the measurements for the CA jackets someplace on the site?

What I have at hand is this message from Vincent. Hope that can help.

«Dear Kevin,

Here the specs a base size 50 for the S model you have bought:

Lenght - 76cm (increases of 1cm by going up each size)

Internal sleeve length - 44cm (increases 0,5cm going up each size)

Half waist - 52cm (increases 2cm going up each size)

Shoulder seam - 14,7cm (increases 0,4cm going up each size)

Please always be aware that we are talking of 100% handmade garments and that there are tolerances to take in consideration.»

kevinsvindland

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply. The bomber is out of stock in size 50. I guess you snooze you loose :).

Its quite expensive though, I've been considering a valstarino which is a bit cheaper. Anyone have the bomber and can comment on it?
I can only comment on the Valstarino which is splendid.
I would highly recommend it. I do not feel at all the need to potentially upgrade toward something else. Quality and material are perfect for me.

The Valstar jackets are great, for sure. And also carry a nice pricetag.

The main reason for the difference in price is that Valstar makes quite a few more jackets, in a big factory. Ours has a very high grade of suede, and is cut by hand in a small atelier. More comparable to Isaia or Stoffa, as they are made by the same guy, named Franco.
0665D04E-DD89-4895-99FB-A41C532DD5E6.png

Lindrian

Reaction score
The Valstar jackets are great, for sure. And also carry a nice pricetag.

The main reason for the difference in price is that Valstar makes quite a few more jackets, in a big factory. Ours has a very high grade of suede, and is cut by hand in a small atelier. More comparable to Isaia or Stoffa, as they are made by the same guy, named Franco.
View attachment 1367326
Do you have the measurements for the bomber jacket? I sent an inquiry over email but I think you guys are overwhelmed on that front :)

somatoform

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Kevin, with regards the email you received for the Cavour jackets 3 messages above, then I can assume the size 54 suede bomber to be:

Length - 78cm
sleeve length - 45 cm
waist - 56cm
shoulders 15.5 cm
And the chest is 54cm pit to pit across chest half measurement

Sound about right?

Lindrian

Reaction score
Kevin, with regards the email you received for the Cavour jackets 3 messages above, then I can assume the size 54 suede bomber to be:

Length - 78cm
sleeve length - 45 cm
waist - 56cm
shoulders 15.5 cm
And the chest is 54cm pit to pit across chest half measurement

Sound about right?
Sounds very wrong. I'd assume those measurements are for blazers/suit jackets.

Aquafortis

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Giuseppe, Massimiliano, Vincent, Giuglielmo, and pretty much everyone in their showroom. Vintage Rolexes and Bontoni shoes were the only items that are not Made by Attolini. Just an observation I Made on one of the first visits.

@kevinsvindland received my Bontoni monks yesterday, one day earlier than DHL had even forecast. Wow! What gorgeous shoes. Sebastian provided quick sizing advice per an email I sent last week that was spot on as the 42.5 fit me splendidly - a half cm up or down would be off. Just couldn't be more impressed with the Bontoni quality, fit, finish, and stunning design, nor with the amazing service from the Cavour team despite how crazy everything is and how busy you all must be with the sale.

Also, I did not see mentioned in any of the Bontoni model descriptions, that they come with a pair of beautiful lasted shoe trees. I see now only that the photos on your site show trees in the shoes, but it might be worth including some additional language to call this out specifcally. Inclusion of the trees was a really nice surprise bonus for mine at least. Thank you again!

razl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Also, I did not see mentioned in any of the Bontoni model descriptions, that they come with a pair of beautiful lasted shoe trees. I see now only that the photos on your site show trees in the shoes, but it might be worth including some additional language to call this out specifcally. Inclusion of the trees was a really nice surprise bonus for mine at least. Thank you again!
As someone who also got their first pair of Bontoni's by way of Cavour's sale, I was expecting the trees since I was under the impression that all Bontoni's have them from the maker; but I didn't know that for sure. I'd agree that pointing that out to buyers (where applicable) is worth doing.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads