• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

CAVOUR Official Community - Discuss Tailoring, Shirting, Shoes & More - Official Affiliate Thread

Krolbro

Reaction score
Hello my friend. Excellent choice of blazer. Based on my experience with mtm rtw & bespoke suits and jackets the back is totally wrong. This break in the right side isn't correct. The back should be clean. Also the sleeves needs to be shortened for 1-2cm. My advice is to go to a skilled tailor. He will what this blazer needs.

When we buy a rtw garment 99.9% of the times we need to perform some extra tailoring to achieve the petrfect fit.

Regards,

Nicolas

Thank you so much! I already decided to keep the jacket and sent it to the tailor. He is fixing the sleeves right now. When he is done with that I will ask him to fix the back. Is there anything specific I should ask him to do with the back?

Last edited:

DonNick94

Reaction score
Thank you so much! I already decided to keep the jacket and sent it to the tailor. He is fixing the sleeves right now. When he is done with that I will ask him to fix the back. Is there anything specific I should ask him to do with the back?
Just to drape clean. Without breaks here and there

tonicab

Reaction score
Do you think cavour.co sales have more discount than 30%?

archipel

Reaction score
Hello guys,

I just bought a sport coat from Cavour and wondered if it fits correctly. I think the shoulders are okay but I'm not sure about the back. Can you guys give some advice? This is the first non-navy sport coat that I have bought and I made an account just to get your views about it. It's the beige wool silk linen sport jacket.

I'm also wearing the pearl grey high twist wool Natalino trousers, a burgundy grenadine grossa tie by Amidé Hadelin and a sky blue OCBD with a Broke and Bespoke collar by Luxire (sorry for not buttoning the collar lol).

Edit: this is a size 50. I'm 183cm tall and weigh about 75kg.

it might be because I’m a bit younger and a bit more fashion forward than most guys here (not meant negatively) but I think 48 might work better for you.

Krolbro

Reaction score
it might be because I’m a bit younger and a bit more fashion forward than most guys here (not meant negatively) but I think 48 might work better for you.

Thanks for the advice! I think you're right. I chose this size because I already wear a size 50 in a SuitSupply suit and thought this sport coat would fit somewhat the same. I guess I can try bulking up a bit haha.

JohnMRobie

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hello guys,

I just bought a sport coat from Cavour and wondered if it fits correctly. I think the shoulders are okay but I'm not sure about the back. Can you guys give some advice? This is the first non-navy sport coat that I have bought and I made an account just to get your views about it. It's the beige wool silk linen sport jacket.

I'm also wearing the pearl grey high twist wool Natalino trousers, a burgundy grenadine grossa tie by Amidé Hadelin and a sky blue OCBD with a Broke and Bespoke collar by Luxire (sorry for not buttoning the collar lol).

Edit: this is a size 50. I'm 183cm tall and weigh about 75kg.
It’s hard to tell from the pictures and I’m not a tailor but from the picture of the back it looks like the shoulders might be too wide for you based on how the sleeve collapses in against your arm. I circled that. The back - It’s hard to tell if it’s just how you’re standing or the angle of the picture but your right shoulder looks dropped compared to your left shoulder and more sloped which may be causing the break along the back on that side or making it worse. Could check in the tailors thread for suggestions on tweaks.
BE703B9F-95B4-4F6F-96FB-1D0D6E2061B0.jpeg

stubbsj20

Reaction score
If anyone is interested, I have a size 50, made in Italy, navy herringbone Marling & Evans sport coat up for sale. It's from FW21.

taxgenius

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Is the white thing sticking out part of the canvas or is it part of the exterior fabric? Either way, is there any harm in cutting it off?

Attachments

• 80D8670A-CC94-45A6-9FC4-4EE6DF72EBDA.jpeg
    80D8670A-CC94-45A6-9FC4-4EE6DF72EBDA.jpeg
    363.3 KB · Views: 121

St1X

Reaction score
Any owners of a solaro suits? From photos they look like they just herringbone suits, not solaro. Also it's pretty obvious from the photo that the lapel button hole is machine made, although description says it's hand made

kevinsvindland

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Has anyone had trouble with Cavour returns?
Their DHL return label generation is automatic via their website, but it only generates the label. It does not generate a customs invoice and Waybill doc, which I always receive for any international DHL returns. I emailed them about it, and they don't seem to be aware of what I'm referring to, which is quite surprising. I've never done a DHL return for items ordered from Europe without those documents, so I doubt customs will process the order properly without them.

Proforma invoices are a thing of the past in Norway.
All is digital now.

However some DHL curiers may not be aware, and are instructed to always bring a stack of papers.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads