• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

CAVOUR Official Community - Discuss Tailoring, Shirting, Shoes & More - Official Affiliate Thread

kevinsvindland

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Are these sanforized and prewashed @kevinsvindland? Any expected shrinkage and I guess the best for sizing is to measure my best fitting jeans and compare?

They are all pre washed and sanforized, so no significant shrinkage.
I have run the production sample through some very hard stress tests and multiple washes. I would say it holds up very well.

duff406

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Looks like I missed a nice Drakes shirt. Or maybe it was a limited size run. Any idea if you are expecting more Drakes this season?

nqtri

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They are all pre washed and sanforized, so no significant shrinkage.
I have run the production sample through some very hard stress tests and multiple washes. I would say it holds up very well.
I forgot to ask, how’s the weight of these? Are they suitable for summer? And are they 100% cotton?

also besides rise, are mod 88 and 22 the same fit?

Last edited:

kevinsvindland

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Looks like I missed a nice Drakes shirt. Or maybe it was a limited size run. Any idea if you are expecting more Drakes this season?

To my knowledge there will be no more seasonal deliveries. As this season pretty much got sabotaged by the covid-19 situation. No point in buying more stock to put on sale.

kevinsvindland

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
I forgot to ask, how’s the weight of these? Are they suitable for summer? And are they 100% cotton?

also besides rise, are mod 88 and 22 the same fit?

The weight is good for year around wear. I dont recall what the weight pr/m is, but it is right in the middle somewhere.
They are 98 cotton 2 elastane, for that little bit of extra comfort. (Like the top selling Jacob Cohen qualities..)

Denim supplied by Italian mill Candiani.

hrv123

Reaction score
Can I get measurements for the Cavour Linen Safari jacket, specifically size 52 and 54?

What weight is the linen?

nqtri

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The weight is good for year around wear. I dont recall what the weight pr/m is, but it is right in the middle somewhere.
They are 98 cotton 2 elastane, for that little bit of extra comfort. (Like the top selling Jacob Cohen qualities..)

thanks Kevin, I’m a bit confused at the size chart. The 88 seems to have higher rose than the 22 but the 22 seems to have more forgiving, straighter cut legs. Which one is the slimmest?

Thomas_M

Reaction score

Interesting that it contains elastane.
You should definitely add that to the description.

afterthesuit

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
New beige silk check sport coat.

97A19860-4DE0-4056-ACEE-DD27CB2A8F7F.jpeg
36DF94CF-5542-4E0B-BAB7-DB3A150FB6B6.jpeg
18E2BD67-4D0B-4B8A-B313-632B8BE2D84E.jpeg

MacGuffen

Reaction score
I'll echo what others have noted that the Cavour shoes seem slightly larger than normalt. UK8 in the captoe suedes were just a little too large for me, which was too bad because they look great and seem well constructed. I use UK8 in Loake Capital last and most other English brands.

More disappointing was the C&J Malton which had obvious differences in colour and finish between the left and right shoe. The left was one much brighter and had several scratches in the polish. Maybe it was stored in a sunlit window on display? Though it's still Crockett & Jones, so I've asked for a return in the same size (UK8).
IMG_5466.jpg
IMG_0804.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_1110.jpg
    IMG_1110.jpg
    211.4 KB · Views: 51
  • IMG_6070.jpg
    IMG_6070.jpg
    218.2 KB · Views: 60
  • IMG_9809.jpg
    IMG_9809.jpg
    240.2 KB · Views: 61
  • IMG_5612.jpg
    IMG_5612.jpg
    249.8 KB · Views: 64
  • IMG_5467.jpg
    IMG_5467.jpg
    229.4 KB · Views: 56
  • IMG_5468.jpg
    IMG_5468.jpg
    153.1 KB · Views: 57
  • IMG_5469.jpg
    IMG_5469.jpg
    152.9 KB · Views: 189

kevinsvindland

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
thanks Kevin, I’m a bit confused at the size chart. The 88 seems to have higher rose than the 22 but the 22 seems to have more forgiving, straighter cut legs. Which one is the slimmest?

The 88 is the slimmest.
Though we are working on one that is higher rise and more spacious. But sampling and the process in general is very delayed due to the situation in Italy.

Lindrian

Reaction score
I'll echo what others have noted that the Cavour shoes seem slightly larger than normalt. UK8 in the captoe suedes were just a little too large for me, which was too bad because they look great and seem well constructed. I use UK8 in Loake Capital last and most other English brands.

More disappointing was the C&J Malton which had obvious differences in colour and finish between the left and right shoe. The left was one much brighter and had several scratches in the polish. Maybe it was stored in a sunlit window on display? Though it's still Crockett & Jones, so I've asked for a return in the same size (UK8). View attachment 1374806 View attachment 1374801
In what way does the cavour line run larger?

width? Instep? Length?

CasuallyWorked

Reaction score
@kevinsvindland going to buy a pair of shoes and have them shipped to the USA. On the cart it shows up as being charged as USD, will I be charged USD or EUROS since on my bank card I do get hit with a 3% foreign transaction

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 103 36.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 103 36.5%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 36 12.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.5%

Forum statistics

Threads