• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

CAVOUR Official Community - Discuss Tailoring, Shirting, Shoes & More - Official Affiliate Thread

drewby

Reaction score
As you say, who knows when your tailor may open again. Would it be feasible for Cavour to extend a return period for who knows when?
I'm not asking for indefinite. A blanket extension of however many days longer than 14 is reasonable, that's why I asked for them to consider it. BB is now 60 days, forum sponsors Sartoriale/Luxgentleman are 30 which at least allows for the opportunity of these shops to open. I'm also trying to offer the incentive of me spending a bunch more money if they increase it:tongue: In the USA, federal social distance guidelines will be extended to April 30, so not a sole can go to a tailor respecting that until then. These are some weird times.

ovlov

Reaction score
Sorry if this has been addressed already (I checked back the last few pages on comments), but the website states 20-50% off all products, yet many of the products I'm looking at have no discount added to them. is there a blanket discount that is added at checkout to those items? or am I missing something really simple.?

shoewarma

Reaction score
Ordered C&J suede Cavendish on Thursday, and received delivery in South Florida yesterday. Great service. Also, it's in polo suede, not snuff suede as stated on the website.
I got the same ones too pal. Just received them earlier today.

They look bloody fantastic, but I was a bit unsure about the fit. I know loafer are a tricky style to fit, but I had no other choice but to go with UK 7.5 because that was the smallest Cavour had. They feel better with an insole, but the heels are a bit loose. I ordered some tongue pads to see if they'll do the trick.

kevinsvindland

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Would Cavour consider increasing their return period? All tailors are closed in my area due to government decree, and I am uncomfortable ordering some more expensive items without discussing the fit with my tailor. A lot of stores have increased this period, as who knows when my tailor is allowed to open again.

Hi,

Given the uncertainty of this situation it is very difficult to figure out what would be reasonable.
But, we are more than willing to advise you on fit and what alterations can be done, via pictures or a video call. Maybe that could help?

kevinsvindland

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Sorry if this has been addressed already (I checked back the last few pages on comments), but the website states 20-50% off all products, yet many of the products I'm looking at have no discount added to them. is there a blanket discount that is added at checkout to those items? or am I missing something really simple.?

It could be as simple as to clear your browser cache. When I look at it now I see alot of little discount blips on all items.

kevinsvindland

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Quick question -- how much stretch would you expect on a pair of Dovers (London Grain with R2) or Galways (Utah/Dainite). Both came recently (thank you Kevin and Sebastian) and they fit well ... as long as they don't get too much bigger or wider overall. I'd be more concerned if these were loafers, where I'd need to size down to allow for stretch. With lace-ups, I would imagine there's some wiggle room on sizing. Thanks! John

Hi,

I own both mink suede and London Grain Shoes, and would not worry too much about them expanding. Mine have kept their shape very well. As one would expect from EG.

JohnFM

Reaction score
Hi,

I own both mink suede and London Grain Shoes, and would not worry too much about them expanding. Mine have kept their shape very well. As one would expect from EG.

Thanks Kevin. My first experience with Edward Green and couldn't be happier -- the Dover fits like a glove. Also my first experience with Cavour -- equally good. You, Sebastian, and Robin have been very helpful, as well as patient with fit and related questions.

kevinsvindland

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Thanks Kevin. My first experience with Edward Green and couldn't be happier -- the Dover fits like a glove. Also my first experience with Cavour -- equally good. You, Sebastian, and Robin have been very helpful, as well as patient with fit and related questions.

Great! Thanks for the kind words, and thanks again for your order. Enjoy your EGs, I trust they will live up to both your expectations and their reputation.

kevinsvindland

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
@kevinsvindland Hi Kevin, any sizing advice for the Bontoni Diamonte Double Monks as it looks like that last has a narrower, less rounded toe?

Hi,

This one just landed while I am away from the store, so I have yet to make up an opinion. It should be fairly similar to the Principe loafers. But if you shoot us an email on [email protected], Sebastian and Robin might be able to provide a better answer.

BomTrady

Reaction score
Come on man... I get that it sucks they cancelled your order but I think you're going a bit overboard here. Let's be clear on what this is - a slight inconvenience, please don't act like they wronged you. Even if it was completely "normal" times right now, inaccurate stock levels happen and sometimes orders get cancelled. He offered you a refund plus a discount on your next order to make up for the inconvenience. They're not in the business of selling EG at 30% off 24/7.

That being said, keep in mind what's happening around the world right now (in terms of the human and medical crisis element) and why they're having a sale to begin with. Who knows what's going on as far as supply chain disruptions, maybe it's not trivial to order another pair from EG directly (a bunch of factories are closed). Shipping is being heavily stressed right now, a bunch of things aren't working like normal, etc. Frankly it's really inconsiderate of you especially to blast this out on their affiliate thread (I'm assuming with the intention of trying to force them to give you what you want, otherwise you'd keep it private through email).

Thanks Kev and Cavour for quick turnaround - 100H

Quick pic just unpacked.

View attachment 1363360
amazing fit and color!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads