• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

oskrusa

Reaction score
After several f'ups by DHL, finally got my hands on these. It took 24 days from the date I placed the order to the day Carmina shipped these. Will post more pics later but my first impression of the double JR soles is they are noticeably thinner than soles used by C&J or Alden. I wanted double leather soles to beef these up, so a little disappointed(but only a little)
View attachment 1076069 View attachment 1076070

Congratulations! Those look amazing.

flylikeneagle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They look great congratulations! That’s a very quick turnaround time. I ordered the same boot in armagnac shell with double JR soles and storm welt on Oscar last.

Thank you. I think these would look even better in Oscar (after having looked up jumper boots in Oscar). I found out about the customization Promo at the last minute so didn't have much time to research (and had zero prior experience with Carmina). Nevertheless I do like these boots a lot, Carmina did a fantastic job with these.

Aggro

Reaction score
Is buying Carmina ready-made shoes by mail order then returning the only way to try sizing/fit?
...then ordering the MTO shoes I really want (same last, boot style).

Obviously, can't return MTO shoes so no point in buying them first to try sizing..

I am in a place where all Carmina outlets in the country don't feature a wide variety of lasts & don't have the shoes/last i want

Has anyone done this (try then return)?
If so, when returning the goods did you request a refund or exchange?

CSheff6

Reaction score
New Carmina NST on Simpson last in burgundy from Gentlemen’s Footwear. First pair of Carminas. Very very impressed.

D352513A-0A7E-413E-A4D7-5DA58D831367.jpeg

flylikeneagle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Is buying Carmina ready-made shoes by mail order then returning the only way to try sizing/fit?

Obviously, can't return MTO shoes so no point in buying them first to try sizing..

I am in a place where all Carmina outlets in the country don't feature a wide variety of lasts & don't have the shoes/last i want

What is Carmina's return fee for your location? It's $35 for the US, so multiple trials/returns can get expensive. Not sure if Carmina charges a fee for exchanges.

Last edited:

jet-stream

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

What is Carmina's return fee for your location? It's $35 for the US, so multiple trials/returns can get expensive. Not sure if Carmina charges a fee for exchanges.

Carmina doesn’t charge for exchanges. If there is a ready-to-wear style you like, you can dial in fit through exchanges.

I’ll also say that I find Carmina’s last descriptions pretty accurate. Forest-Oscar-Robert are all fairly similar and quite true to size (with a relatively high instep as usual for Euro shoes).

dave_rawitat

Reaction score
I really wonder why Carmina doesn't offer 2-eyelet (or even 3-eyelet) Derby as option for customization ..... I really love those silhouette and style. Would customize a shell cordovan one in a heartbeat if I could. So I ended up with something else instead.

I know those styles exist for Carmina shoes ..... but I don't know why they are not available as customizable option.

Anyone got any idea why? Or maybe @Carmina could shed some light for me?

Thank you.

[Updated: asked Carmina agent via chatting. It seems that I can do it by choosing other models, like 4-5 eyelet ones, then specify about the "2 eyelet" in "special request" in the final step. Cool. Will do it later though. Pretty broke right now].

Last edited:

Carmina

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
I really wonder why Carmina doesn't offer 2-eyelet (or even 3-eyelet) Derby as option for customization ..... I really love those silhouette and style. Would customize a shell cordovan one in a heartbeat if I could. So I ended up with something else instead.

I know those styles exist for Carmina shoes ..... but I don't know why they are not available as customizable option.

Anyone got any idea why? Or maybe @Carmina could shed some light for me?

Thank you.

[Updated: asked Carmina agent via chatting. It seems that I can do it by choosing other models, like 4-5 eyelet ones, then specify about the "2 eyelet" in "special request" in the final step. Cool. Will do it later though. Pretty broke right now].

Of course, we could locate these two models. Our artisans also mentioned we have a couple more models specifically dsigned for the Rain last although there was no sample available.

IMG_3242.JPG

dave_rawitat

Reaction score
Of course, we could locate these two models. Our artisans also mentioned we have a couple more models specifically dsigned for the Rain last although there was no sample available.

View attachment 1078724

Thanks. I understand that you have them. And I like them a lot. I was just wondering why I can’t choose them for customization. Otherwise I’d have done already :)

Now I know how to do it. Will do it early next year :)

city74

Reaction score
I’m looking for a pair of casual broques in black or dark brown suede in a narrower last. Any options?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads