• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Crafty Cumbrian

Master Builder
Reaction score
Natty shell Franken..
IMG_8751.jpeg

Crafty Cumbrian

Master Builder
Reaction score
Got an email about the bespoke service. October 12-15th at the Madison St location in NYC. See below copy of email.

Step into the future of luxury footwear with Carmina Shoemaker's unparalleled bespoke shoe service. Using the world's most advanced foot scanner, we're pioneering an experience where each shoe is tailored to the unique contours of your feet, ensuring an unmatched fit and elegance.

Event Details:
Dates: October 12th to 15th.
Location: Carmina Shoemaker, 509 Madison Avenue St. New York.

For an exceptional value starting at $1615, you'll receive bespoke shoes crafted with meticulous attention. Our artisans will interpret the foot's information and then adapt the pattern to shape the perfect last. While many seek luxury, few encounter true craftsmanship and exclusivity at such a distinctive rate.

Don't miss this singular opportunity to experience the pinnacle of footwear artisanship. Join us at our Madison Avenue location and redefine luxury with Carmina Shoemaker's bespoke experience.
That is a decent price and if your last is stored very good indeed.

TheLawBeard

Reaction score
That is a decent price and if your last is stored very good indeed.
IF (and that's a big if) the last is stored for future purchases at a more modest cost I'll agree. But, depending on the nature of the scans (sizing versus sizing AND a scan of pressure points from the foot) I'd call this more of a "made to measure" than bespoke.

circumspice

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
On the customization front:

Will Carmina make any shoe on any last, or is the customize tool accurate with what models can be made on what lasts.... or is the customize tool only partially loaded what what is possible?

I am trying to figure out:

What full strap models one could have made up on Simpson
What tassle loafer models one could have made up on Simpson

So far, with the website, I am not seeing any full strap options, and only 80127 for tassle options. The trick with 80127 is that is seems to enforce having eyelets on the string detail, and it isn't really clear the nature of the stitching on the lake on that model

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Looks like the custom weekend is live
Not only is the custom weekend (MTO fee waived) on, October 4-9, but we will have an exciting announcement for anyone within shopping distance of NYC soon.

hollandn

Reaction score
On the customization front:

Will Carmina make any shoe on any last, or is the customize tool accurate with what models can be made on what lasts.... or is the customize tool only partially loaded what what is possible?

I am trying to figure out:

What full strap models one could have made up on Simpson
What tassle loafer models one could have made up on Simpson

So far, with the website, I am not seeing any full strap options, and only 80127 for tassle options. The trick with 80127 is that is seems to enforce having eyelets on the string detail, and it isn't really clear the nature of the stitching on the lake on that model
I had a similar situation when the model/last I wanted wasn't in the customiser. I used the online chat function and they told me the model I should use as the base in the customiser and then put the desired last in the comments section. If you type in 'tassel' in the search function quite a few custom base models appear with no eyelets. For example 80367. Worth reaching out to them in the online chat function and they should point you in the right direction. Good luck. I would get on the chat function early doors as I am sure they will be inundated with the custom weekend upon us.

KarlHungus

Reaction score
Anyone have examples of boots in Karagrain or Pereandre they can share? Looking for some inspiration on a grain style boot.

Subidoc

Reaction score
Anyone have examples of boots in Karagrain or Pereandre they can share? Looking for some inspiration on a grain style boot.
I have a Carmina boot listed for sale with smooth and grain leather combination, if that helps inspire designs. I've had many complements. I will say that the Vitoria sole took a long time to get used to, but I really love the finish and how this came together. My foot and the Oscar last just seem to argue a little.

Here's the link for easier access to images:

h.mikhail.h

Reaction score
Black Karagrain 80277 Oscar
Chestnut Karagrain 80459 Oscar
Camel Grain 80277 Oscar

Attachments

• IMG_3289.jpeg
    IMG_3289.jpeg
    217.4 KB · Views: 121
  • IMG_3290.jpeg
    IMG_3290.jpeg
    195.9 KB · Views: 276
  • IMG_3291.jpeg
    IMG_3291.jpeg
    281.5 KB · Views: 404

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads