• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants are now live. These cargos are based off vintage US Army BDU (Battle Dress Uniform) cargos. They're made of a premium 13.5-ounce Japanese twill that has been sulfur dyed for a vintage look. Every detail has been carried over from the inspiration and elevated. Available in two colorways, tundra and woodland. Please find them here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Zapasman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
20230917_095552.jpg

bpt7594

Reaction score
Am I too nitpicky?

This arrived earlier this week and there were some scratches on the left shoe, right shoe is OK. Again I cannot understand how Carmina ship the shoes OUTSIDE of the included bags. What are the bags for then??? I really do not want to be difficult but this is a cut on the noticeable parts.

IMG_4503.jpeg

I have quite some pairs of Carmina and they all arrived with some scratches either here or there but this is the worst case. The leather sole is also scratched but this is negligeable. Should I ask for an exchange?

Last edited:

Jamesbond1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Am I too nitpicky?

This arrived earlier this week and there were some scratches on the left shoe, right shoe is OK. Again I cannot understand how Carmina ship the shoes OUTSIDE of the included bags. What are the bags for then??? I really do not want to be difficult but this is a cut on the noticeable parts.

View attachment 2028445

I have quite some pairs of Carmina and they all arrived with some scratches either here or there but this is the worst case. The leather sole is also scratched but this is negligeable. Should I ask for an exchange?
I think polish will do the trick unless it is a gouge then I would exchange it.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score

lurker33

Reaction score
What hardware color would this be? I don't think its copper, and its not vintage brass, is it not available maybe?
LMC_20230923_001338_lmc_8.4.jpg

PACostag

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Color Care Question

Does anyone have any tips on adding color back to some shell boots? My Carmina Color 8 boots seem to be aging differently (despite receiving the same care - periodic VSC treatments. Maybe the VSC is stripping the color?), so I'm hoping to find a product that I can use to balance the color between the boots. My first thought was to use Saphir Cordovan Creme, but I have no experience with this product.

hollandn

Reaction score
Color Care Question

Does anyone have any tips on adding color back to some shell boots? My Carmina Color 8 boots seem to be aging differently (despite receiving the same care - periodic VSC treatments. Maybe the VSC is stripping the color?), so I'm hoping to find a product that I can use to balance the color between the boots. My first thought was to use Saphir Cordovan Creme, but I have no experience with this product.
I use coloured Saphir Cordovan Creme on all my cordovan shoes when a little brightening of colour is needed and use neutral colour Saphir Cordovan Creme as a regular. I only use any creme once every half dozen wears. So coloured every 4 cleans and neutral for the usual clean. Outside of this just a brush before each wear.

BlueSteel

Reaction score
Wearing today this Carmina makeup by Miloh Shop - black karangrain and suede on Oscar last, sole is Carmina's version of the Ridgeway:

Carmina Black Boots.jpg

Blastwice

Reaction score
I use coloured Saphir Cordovan Creme on all my cordovan shoes when a little brightening of colour is needed and use neutral colour Saphir Cordovan Creme as a regular. I only use any creme once every half dozen wears. So coloured every 4 cleans and neutral for the usual clean. Outside of this just a brush before each wear.
Sounds good to me here. I'm the same -- only use the cordovan creme every 6-12 months, brush after wearing. Shell fades or darkens over time and only looks better, IMO.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Civil_style