• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

thuhoan

Reaction score
I see. So you once experimented with various shoe color tones. and eventually decided that it distracted from the purpose of wearing a suit? Is that purpose to project a professional image, or to attract women, or simply to feel good? For me, its a combination of feeling good and because women like men who are well dressed.

Yes sir. I like dressing up in general, for me. I prefer tailored clothing to streetwear. I don’t know, feels like a better match to my profession and character. So yea, a more professional image by being not too showy.

On the other hand, these type fancy of shoes I’d rock the hell out of them on parties or weddings.

Mr_natural78

Reaction score
I received my longwings from the last mto yesterday and there are some issues with the left shoe that concerns me. What do you think?
20221218_110648.jpg
20221218_110648.jpg
20221218_110744.jpg
20221218_110716.jpg
Acceptable? Unacceptable?

madhat

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Mr_natural78

Reaction score
Why does it concern you? Did you spend $2000 on them? Were they purchased as museum pieces?
Does it matter how much I spent on them? I find your attitude very annoying. Do I need to spend 2000 or pay museum prices to tecieve a WELL constructed item? When i purchase something i expect a well made product, no matter if they are 100 or 1000. They were made very sloppy. I'd expect this from AE. I've never gotten a pair of carmina with issues like this. I've emailed carmina and expect the issue to be resolved...regardless of what you say.

Last edited:

Jeddie

Reaction score
Does it matter how much I spent on them? I find your attitude very annoying. Do I need to spend 2000 or pay museum prices to tecieve a WELL constructed item? When i purchase something i expect a well made product, no matter if they are 100 or 1000. They were made very sloppy. I'd expect this from AE. I've never gotten a pair of carmina with issues like this. I've emailed carmina and expect the issue to be resolved...regardless of what you say.

Exactly, I'd ask for a remake

stephenaf2003

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
:lol:
F76EEC58-A77C-46AE-AB57-BB92C2569C64.jpeg

KarlHungus

Reaction score
In that case I'd stick to buying at the $1000 price point; seems like there will be a higher chance you'll get what you're looking for.

kevinftwman

Reaction score

Mr_natural78

Reaction score
In that case I'd stick to buying at the $1000 price point; seems like there will be a higher chance you'll get what you're looking for.

I don't see what price point has to do with it. I've bought AE seconds for $150 with less visible issues. This is not my first pair of carminas. This is the first MTO pair I've done. Most I have bought at the NYC store when I go there for bespoke fittings. None of my other pairs have issues like this, nor do the few pairs I've gotten my wife. I don't see how anyone would not consider these seconds. The fan boy attitude here is astounding.

KarlHungus

Reaction score
I don't see what price point has to do with it. I've bought AE seconds for $150 with less visible issues. This is not my first pair of carminas. This is the first MTO pair I've done. Most I have bought at the NYC store when I go there for bespoke fittings. None of my other pairs have issues like this, nor do the few pairs I've gotten my wife. I don't see how anyone would not consider these seconds. The fan boy attitude here is astounding.
I think you're missing the point -- simply because you can find one pair of shoes at $150 with no visible issues does not imply that every pair you buy at that price or above should have no visible issues. That's simply not realistic. Effectively all shoes under $1000 are being produced in a factory with machines and human labor -- there is bound to be some margin of error. If you can't accept this then it's probably better to only buy shoes you can first inspect in person -- preferably at a "bespoke fitting." :lol:

If I have to look at a zoomed in photo and inspect for 5-10 seconds to even guess at what the perceived issue is, to me that indicates the magnitude of the issue is small, and likely imperceptible to any others when I am actually wearing the shoe. Of course, I didn't pay for your shoes, so only you can determine if you're happy or not. If you're not happy, why do you need to come to this forum and ask others if they agree with you? What does it matter what any of us think if you've already made up your mind on the shoes?

Aggro

Reaction score
Been a while since I last ordered

In the "Customise" option, what happened to the choice of different width fittings?
Doesn't seem to have this width option any more

Also have Carmina stopped doing different leathers eg goat skin?

Canadian Sensei

Reaction score
Been a while since I last ordered

In the "Customise" option, what happened to the choice of different width fittings?
Doesn't seem to have this width option any more

Also have Carmina stopped doing different leathers eg goat skin?

I don’t recall different width fittings for every last ever having been offered, such as companies like Alden or AE, but there have always been certain lasts offered in regular and wide versions.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dazer623