• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

KarlHungus

Reaction score
Russian grain austerity boots
IMG20230415174444.jpg

IMG20230415172955.jpg

whorishconsumer

King Douche
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have a pair of unlined tassel loafers in the Uetam EE last and am trying to find something comparable for a pair of custom single monks, as Uetam EE is not available as an option. Based upon Carmina's last comparison tool, there appear to be several lasts that are quite close to the Uetam EE. At present I'm looking between the Oscar, the Llubi and the Rain EEE. Any input into how any of these lasts do or do not lend themselves to a pair semi-casual suede single monks would be appreciated.

Last edited:

TheLawBeard

Reaction score
I have a pair of unlined tassel loafers in the Uetam EE last and am trying to find something comparable for a pair of custom single monks, as Uetam EE is not available as an option. Based upon Carmina's last comparison tool, there appear to be several lasts that are quite close to the Uetam EE. At present I'm looking between the Oscar, the Llubi and the Rain EEE. Any input into how any of these lasts do or do not lend themselves to a pair semi-casual suede single monks would be appreciated.
Those three lasts are all VERY different in fit. I couldn't fit into Rain EEE at all. It just didn't work. If I take Oscar true to size it's a little bit more snug than I'd like but possibly fine on the break in so I went half a size up. Llubi has a lot of space in it in my experience. I did llubi true to size and have quite a bit of spare space in it. If Oscar fits well for you I think it'd work well for semi-casual monks. Llubi is very bulbous and I don't think it'd look great for monks. Looks phenomenal for U-tips though.

xizenta

Reaction score
Just ordered Navy Cordovan Horsebit Loafers in the Forest last.
Wanted these for a few years now, since seeing a pair live in New York.

Haven't seem them made in Forest yet, only Uetam, but have several Forest/Uetam tassel loafers and prefer the former.

Screen Shot 2023-04-16 at 11.57.55 PM.png

xizenta

Reaction score
Navy Adelaides yesterday:
View attachment 1938425
these are beautiful.
This is the first (and last) time I have dealt with Carmina's customer service and I confirm that it is catastrophic. They tell me that the defect is related to external factors. Total bad faith. This ends my experience with the brand.

Same thing happened to me on a pair of Carmina cordovan penny loafers I bought in 2014. I never wrote them about it because I assumed it was my fault but I didn't put the shoes through any unusual wear conditions (they were a little small on me, Xim last).

Marshak

Reaction score
these are beautiful.

Same thing happened to me on a pair of Carmina cordovan penny loafers I bought in 2014. I never wrote them about it because I assumed it was my fault but I didn't put the shoes through any unusual wear conditions (they were a little small on me, Xim last).

Surprising fragility for such a brand. I have experienced many pairs in my life and even very inferior brands have never let me down so quickly 🤨.

EUtroll

Reaction score
Those three lasts are all VERY different in fit. I couldn't fit into Rain EEE at all. It just didn't work. If I take Oscar true to size it's a little bit more snug than I'd like but possibly fine on the break in so I went half a size up. Llubi has a lot of space in it in my experience. I did llubi true to size and have quite a bit of spare space in it. If Oscar fits well for you I think it'd work well for semi-casual monks. Llubi is very bulbous and I don't think it'd look great for monks. Looks phenomenal for U-tips though.
Llubi is my best fitting last but it looks rather special with its generous volume. Ordered the Oscar, with hope that it fits, for a dover-like derby. Hopefully the chromexcel gives enough to accommodate my duck feet...

EUtroll

Reaction score
Surprising fragility for such a brand. I have experienced many pairs in my life and even very inferior brands have never let me down so quickly 🤨.
My oldest pair from Carmina must be about 10 years old, and they still look almost new despite being worn a lot.

Marshak

Reaction score
My oldest pair from Carmina must be about 10 years old, and they still look almost new despite being worn a lot.

I am quite ready to believe it. My mishap is perhaps due to the nature of llama leather which is very soft. On the other hand, the eagerness of Carmina's customer service to absolve itself of any responsibility makes it a dubious brand.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Consider Sustainability When Purchasing Clothes?

• Always - Sustainability is a top priority in all my clothing purchases.

• Often - I frequently consider sustainability, but it isn't the main factor in my decisions.

• Rarely - I seldom consider sustainability when purchasing clothes.

• Never - Sustainability is not a factor I consider in my clothing choices.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JSC8