• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

FatTuesday

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just received notice - my MTO creation should be here Wednesday, just before Thanksgiving!

Unfortunately, I'll be out of town.

Zapasman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Weather's been terrible, so I haven't really wanted to use them outside yet. But wearing them inside, I've found them comfortable already with surrprisingly little heel slip. It's definately still a chunky sole, though. Excited to see how it will perform when broken in.
Could you please post a better pic of the triple sole?. That sole does not seem to me that chunky nor triple. TIA

gbandi

Reaction score
I asked for an expedite delivery because I'm moving address soon, but I wasn't expecting them so quickly. Pretty impressed by Carmina's service.

This Chelsea in forest EEE last are just great, very comfy, supple and soft leather, also very light despite the double sole. The outsole is not branded Vibram and feels lighter than my other Vibram shoes.
The soft fudging is a really nice touch that adds interest without being too much IMHO. The stitching is a bit lighter than what appeared on the website but still the difference with the leather is not really noticeable so it's ok.

View attachment 1699756 View attachment 1699757 View attachment 1699758 View attachment 1699759 View attachment 1699760
nice boots? Are these Elbamat brown? What last are these on?

Baked Potato

Reaction score
When did you guys order your MTO’s during the latest promotion? I ordered it during the Sunday that weekend (which I think was supposed to be the last day, but they extended it). I haven’t received any notifications regarding delivery yet…

MacGuffen

Reaction score
Could you please post a better pic of the triple sole?. That sole does not seem to me that chunky nor triple. TIA
Hope it helps.
28AB5A8B-DE33-49C0-8635-1B7F09A59FCE.jpeg

D83404BA-BF2D-4CE9-861D-E68F4F35A0C5.jpeg

New Shoes1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Gentlemen, I'm considering the current MTO shell derby on the Llubi last. How should I size this? I'm an 11 UK in everything I wear (Rain, Forest, Inca, Oscar, Soller) with Forest and Oscar my best fitting lasts.

MrFingers

Reaction score
Decided to get my first pair of loafers from Carmina rather than 2 from meermin. Can anyone attest for the comfort being any better or the same as meermin? Main reason I chose this route is because of how painful it was to break in my meermin loafers

MacGuffen

Reaction score
how does the triple sole feel?
First walk today in the forest with the Color #4 triple soled longwings. They performed admirably. While they're not even close to being fully broken in, they are already pretty comfortable. I believe the fit is the most important, so if you have a last that fits you well, the break-in really won't be that bad, even with triple soles.
tempImageOkctdg.png

tempImageNcjFX0.png

IMG_0717.jpg

Last edited:

Patrick1053

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads