• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

peppercorn78

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Several shoemakers are known for terrible quality boxes. I for one would rather buy these pens, watches and shoes without any boxes and only e-paperwork. Too much space wasted.

To your query though, as long as the shoe is pristine .. I would forget about the box.

Many of my EG shoes come with boxes that have been taped up.

Hell, most Enzo Bonafe boxes tend to crumble .. left right and center !!

Don’t even get me started on the Alden boxes. Made of what feels like construction paper. Plus, no way to get the shoes back in, once they’ve been take out and laced up! Way too small!!!

nishant

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Don’t even get me started on the Alden boxes. Made of what feels like construction paper. Plus, no way to get the shoes back in, once they’ve been take out and laced up! Way too small!!!

I so wanted to say the same but did not for the fear of provoking those Aldenatics [emoji16]

Last edited:

stephenaf2003

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I so wanted to say the same but did not for the fear of provoking those Aldenatics [emoji16]

lol...since I keep, and use my boxes, I was so happy when EB went to properly sized boxes for their boots....and yeah, Alden boxes....they’re the worst.

nishant

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Awesome shade. What do you think it is the most beautiful color of shell cordovan by Carmina?

Thanks ..
I absolutely love my Carmina Bal Boot in Green Shell. Another one could be the Brolive Shell.

IMG_2753.JPG

peppercorn78

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

jet-stream

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What about black shell cordovan?

You know, I don’t actually have any black shell. It’s nice, and I like the jelly bean effect, but I don’t wear black shoes enough to make it worth it to me.

Blue shell, on the other hand, is amazing. Can’t find a photo of my blue shell boots, but I have another pair in navy shell:

2061C1C9-2AA1-4433-868D-4E1D6777E0C2.jpeg

007Bond

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Look what arrived today. Unboxing photo.

(If you remember, I snatched this pair from the outlet earlier this month, but I told Carmina to ship them after 11th, so it just arrived).

My first pair of Croc shoes. Thanks @007Bond for the pointer!! (and, I promised you the photo ;-)

View attachment 1127482

Nice!!!

I ordered the Lizard monk straps but I was just informed that Camrmina only ships exodics to the US once every 3 months. Then they spend another several weeks with the Fish Game and Wildlife and then finally to the customer. So seems it's gonna be awhile.

Carmina

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Nice!!!

I ordered the Lizard monk straps but I was just informed that Camrmina only ships exodics to the US once every 3 months. Then they spend another several weeks with the Fish Game and Wildlife and then finally to the customer. So seems it's gonna be awhile.

Unfortunately, this is the case with exotics skins since we have had various parcels seized by customs.. We are trying to increase the stock for exotic skinned shoes in the USA and, in the short term, limit the visible stock to the pairs we have overseas.

We will then be able to offer 2-3 day shipments.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 28 11.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads