• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

jet-stream

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Do you find rain flops due to the heel or the overall volume is was is affecting the fit?

From what you mention, going down half a size in the rain would not solve the issue..

My solution is to just avoid shoes on the Rain. Simpson and Alcudia are brilliant, but that's why RTW have different lasts as no one's feet are the same.

Personally, I find the heel large relative to the proportions. I have somewhat narrow feet with a lower instep, so the high volume, somewhat high instep is just a hot mess.

To note, this is not just a Carmina issue for me.

Evidently the Trojan and I have similar fit. As was pointed out, not every last is for every person. In my case, the real issue is the volume - if the heel was smaller it might help hold my foot in, but the heel size would be tolerable without the volume for me.

jet-stream

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Shell monks today. These are on Inca, which has almost as much volume as Rain - my optimal fit is in my usual size but with a thin insole.

382794D4-B3CB-4E34-8BBF-331A3FC1AF1E.jpeg

EZB

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Evidently the Trojan and I have similar fit. As was pointed out, not every last is for every person. In my case, the real issue is the volume - if the heel was smaller it might help hold my foot in, but the heel size would be tolerable without the volume for me.

I often have this issue

peppercorn78

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Shell monks today. These are on Inca, which has almost as much volume as Rain - my optimal fit is in my usual size but with a thin insole.

View attachment 1126578
Really interesting texature on those pants. What are we looking at?

You know how I feel about them monks... :inlove:

jet-stream

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Really interesting texature on those pants. What are we looking at?

You know how I feel about them monks... :inlove:

I know indeed - actually, it crossed my mind earlier that this may cause a peppercorn-Inca sadness spiral. Sorry 'bout that.

Pants are S&M, Guabello Birdeye. Good call by @gianm !

stephenaf2003

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Gentlemen I sincerely appreciate your feedback. The shoe box was shipped within another outer box. The outbox had absolutely no signs of any abuse what so ever. No dents, no tears...it was perfectly fine. That is why I was concerned.

I keep all my boxes, and even created a storage system that incorporates usage of them. So, I feel you on the busted box thing. I hate it when I get a busted box. A little strategically placed, either 100 mile an hour tape, or shipping tape will fix it. Most importantly, hopefully the shoes are fine.

aajagar

Reaction score
I keep all my boxes, and even created a storage system that incorporates usage of them. So, I feel you on the busted box thing. I hate it when I get a busted box. A little strategically placed, either 100 mile an hour tape, or shipping tape will fix it. Most importantly, hopefully the shoes are fine.

Shoes are fine. I was just expecting better presentation of high end (at least to me), quality shoes. I have had Meermin ship me shoes from Spain over the last several years and everything thing came in pristine conditions. I guess once I try the shoes...I will get over the "torn shoe box" syndrome! :):)

nishant

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Gentlemen,
I need your input. I just received my 1st pair of Black Rain. This is my 1st $400+ category shoes. My concern is the condition of the shoe box that it came in. The shoe box is torn in several places and there are some black (wax??) stain in side the box. Also the size embossed on the box say 7.5 but the white stickers on the box says 7. Shoes looks ok but needless to say I am bit surprised that my $450 pair of shoes arrived like this! Am I getting a floor sample or previously returned shoes? Is this normal or am I over reacting? I have been buying Meermin ($200 range) for several years now and it always arrived in pristine condition box. Please advice.

Thank you
]

Several shoemakers are known for terrible quality boxes. I for one would rather buy these pens, watches and shoes without any boxes and only e-paperwork. Too much space wasted.

To your query though, as long as the shoe is pristine .. I would forget about the box.

Many of my EG shoes come with boxes that have been taped up.

Hell, most Enzo Bonafe boxes tend to crumble .. left right and center !!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 96 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.0%

Forum statistics

Threads