• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

div25sec9

Reaction score
eBay COVID policy is supposed to be this:

"You’ll now have 21 business days from when a return is accepted or a return shipping label is provided to you to send your item back. "

But eBay just pulls policy from their ass most days, so who knows.

I called in to get a return closed off, because it passed more than a month, but got "we're giving some extra time because of the virus nonsense. I'll try again and see what a different rep says

Buyer opened a NAD return request claiming this hoodie is faded. Listing and pictures clearly state fading/intentional distressing. I've even found a similar hoodie on google that was sold on Ralph Lauren's website that is pre-faded like this. What's my course of action here? I'll take the return but I don't want it to affect my seller rating or be forced into paying this buyer's return shipping just because he chose not to read the listing description. Anyone have any experience with this?

..you're stuck with the return. It doesn't matter if Ralph Lauren called in personally and said it's supposed to be like that, you'll have to take it. NAD is the golden selection for returns now, the seller gets screwed with shipping and there's no way to contradict their claims.

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Buyer opened a NAD return request claiming this hoodie is faded. Listing and pictures clearly state fading/intentional distressing. I've even found a similar hoodie on google that was sold on Ralph Lauren's website that is pre-faded like this. What's my course of action here? I'll take the return but I don't want it to affect my seller rating or be forced into paying this buyer's return shipping just because he chose not to read the listing description. Anyone have any experience with this?
View attachment 1387588 View attachment 1387587
View attachment 1387590

Whats the pit to pit on that? If it fits ill just give you my address and send it to me, Id buy that for 60 bucks!

Tyrone MacStiophain

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone have advice for international shipping? I have used GSP which was great, but many complaints from buyers.

I ship USPS priority and have been having crazy delays. I know it's mostly due to the virus, but the buyers keep stating they are getting other ebay items from the US sellers way faster than mine. So... USPS? Fedex? UPS? eBay international? GSP?

Other sellers here might have more experience to inform their answer. As for me, I used to use 1st Class International for almost everything under 4 pounds. But, a few years ago, over the holidays, like a dozen packages went missing for several weeks. Customers were pissed, my on-time shipping record got dinged -- it was a nightmare. I started getting a receipt for everything at the USPS, and I only use Priority Mail for shipments outside of USA/Canada. It's way more expensive, and it surely costs me sales, but I haven't had that problem since.

Ken P

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
..you're stuck with the return. It doesn't matter if Ralph Lauren called in personally and said it's supposed to be like that, you'll have to take it. NAD is the golden selection for returns now, the seller gets screwed with shipping and there's no way to contradict their claims.
Ugh eBay is truly the worst. Not my first NAD recently just the first one that's been blatant enough to make a claim.

Whats the pit to pit on that? If it fits ill just give you my address and send it to me, Id buy that for 60 bucks!

Hahaha, you sir are truly a gentleman. PM incoming.

Tyrone MacStiophain

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Can I get some authentication help on these Zegna Sport dad jeans? They were returned, because the buyer thought they were fake. I accepted, because why fight it? Their main issue was that the inside of the Zegna branded rivets are marked "cobra 1 original". Does anyone know if that's just a generic hardware backing, or does it mean they're probably fake? I don't want to relist them if the latter.
IMG_7922.JPG

IMG_0871.jpg

IMG_0877 copy.jpg

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
those are 10000% real and it boggles the mind that someone thinks a eurodouchy pair of 20 year old jeans would be faked by a grommet back.

carreragt7

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hahaha @Fueco my wife is livid over some silly little trinket she bought having a similar travel path. We moved, 15-20 minutes from our old place. All mail is forwarded to new address, but since the shipper’s agreement with USPS doesn’t cover quality forwarding service it goes all the way to Atlanta hub or some junk like that, then comes back. I can see why the USPS is a money pit... those logistics can’t possibly save them any real money.
So her package that was forwarded at the beginning of April still hasn’t arrived to us.

Proleet

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hahaha @Fueco my wife is livid over some silly little trinket she bought having a similar travel path. We moved, 15-20 minutes from our old place. All mail is forwarded to new address, but since the shipper’s agreement with USPS doesn’t cover quality forwarding service it goes all the way to Atlanta hub or some junk like that, then comes back. I can see why the USPS is a money pit... those logistics can’t possibly save them any real money.
So her package that was forwarded at the beginning of April still hasn’t arrived to us.

actually large part of why USPS loses money is because certain politicians purposefully want to kill it and have enforced the requirement on them to have money to fund the next 75 years of pension obligations...yes including for people not even hired yet basically...

(don’t get me wrong they’re terrible and have lost plenty of my stuff but without that draconian law they’d be fine)

Tyrone MacStiophain

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
those are 10000% real and it boggles the mind that someone thinks a eurodouchy pair of 20 year old jeans would be faked by a grommet back.

:laugh:
That's what I was thinking. But apparently people make bootleg Hugo Boss, so anything could happen!
Thanks.

dadjeans

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Can I get some authentication help on these Zegna Sport dad jeans? They were returned, because the buyer thought they were fake. I accepted, because why fight it? Their main issue was that the inside of the Zegna branded rivets are marked "cobra 1 original". Does anyone know if that's just a generic hardware backing, or does it mean they're probably fake? I don't want to relist them if the latter.
View attachment 1387615

View attachment 1387616
View attachment 1387618
Zegna Sport are fantastic dad jeans. Relist them with pride. Here's the hardware on mine. Try putting "post-vasectomy" in as a keyword...
20200513_012321.jpg

mco543

Reaction score
I know this is the eBay thread but for anyone who has used or experienced it, how much stock would you put into Poshmark’s authentication service on purchases over $500? Reading horror stories on Reddit has me thinking that they may be vaguely capable of identifying a ****** DHgate purse but I’m curious if they can determine something like embossed vs real alligator skin.

jts287

Reaction score
eBay opinions please:

I asked a UK seller to provide measurements on a sweater they were selling, which seller then provided. I replied thanking him/her, and advised I was buying that and a leather notebook they were selling too; asked to combine shipping if possible. Seller didn't respond, I bought both the next day and paid.

Seller shipped both separately this morning; should I crab at them for doing that (shipping cost actually exceeds item costs for both, but still decent prices)? Or is it not possible to combine ship internationally for customs reasons?

madeinbogota

Reaction score
I know this is the eBay thread but for anyone who has used or experienced it, how much stock would you put into Poshmark’s authentication service on purchases over $500? Reading horror stories on Reddit has me thinking that they may be vaguely capable of identifying a ****** DHgate purse but I’m curious if they can determine something like embossed vs real alligator skin.
I would be very skeptical that they have exotic skin experts on their staff to help with authenticity. @SpooPoker is almost surely a better option if you've got questions regarding embossed/real.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.8%

Forum statistics

Threads