• We would like to welcome Exquisite Trimmings as an official Affiliate Vendor. Exquisite Trimmings is a UK based purveyor of the very best in clothing and accessories, from gloves by Thomas Reimer to leather portfolios from Il Micio, to watch rolls by Rapport London. Please visit their new thread and give them a warm welcome.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions

noob in 89

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Yo...the Priority padded envelope I need is not popping up as an option when trying to print a label. Anyone know how to fix this? (I probably chose the wrong thing in the listing. It always says ‘buyer chose...” whatever shipping option, which is weird).

Also thanks @goatamous II .

Having trouble responding here after dog broke my phone :cloud:

Steve Smith

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think you should clarify. "So you are giving me negative feedback and I'm wasting your time? Is that correct? Could you quantify just how much time was wasted in the negative feedback?" Then call and have it removed, obviously.
He already had plenty of justification for having the feedback removed. The last thing I want to do is to waste time arguing with a dumbass.

M2511

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
He already had plenty of justification for having the feedback removed. The last thing I want to do is to waste time arguing with a dumbass.
Sorry, should have clarified that a bit. Was just suggesting you troll him a bit more about his wasted him heh.

capnwes

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Yo...the Priority padded envelope I need is not popping up as an option when trying to print a label. Anyone know how to fix this? (I probably chose the wrong thing in the listing. It always says ‘buyer chose...” whatever shipping option, which is weird).

Also thanks @goatamous II .

Having trouble responding here after dog broke my phone :cloud:
If you have dimensions included in the package details field above, remove them and refresh. You should see all the options then.

madeinbogota

Reaction score
Question:

I've got a buyer who's telling me they're having issues with payment (they contacted me before they purchased the item informing me that they were having issues, but said they were working with eBay/Paypal to figure it out). 221 positive feedback as a buyer, seem to be legit. I agreed to let them purchase the shoes without paying right away so they could sort it out. Been a week, checked in today and they said they're still having PayPal issues but are willing to pay via money order/Money Gram. Anyone have any experience with this?

noob in 89

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Question:

I've got a buyer who's telling me they're having issues with payment (they contacted me before they purchased the item informing me that they were having issues, but said they were working with eBay/Paypal to figure it out). 221 positive feedback as a buyer, seem to be legit. I agreed to let them purchase the shoes without paying right away so they could sort it out. Been a week, checked in today and they said they're still having PayPal issues but are willing to pay via money order/Money Gram. Anyone have any experience with this?
I don’t have experience receiving moneygram, but if they sent it that way, it would appear to be a risk for them, wouldn’t it? A quick google confirms the money can’t be refunded once sent.

And thanks @capnwes . I’ll give it a shot.

I also ordered three experimental pre-paid Priority envelopes as Grailed has no option to print labels and I can’t do it on the usps site with my label printer.

highvoltorb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What would you do with this one? Sold a tie and shipped it in a 2 day USPS flat rate small box. Seller sends me the picture of what they got 12 days after I shipped.

Rerurn.JPG

Obviously refund the buyer, but am I going to have a hard time getting my USPS claim because they literally just scanned it in as "delivered"? I also can't see where to even make the claim, if it's on the eBay or USPS's website or if I have to call.

Nemley

Reaction score
Unsure if this is suited for this topic, but I didn't find a better fit, and given the question is on PayPal, I thought this would be okay.

I'm trying to sell 2 suits via a local craigslist alternative (EU here). Finally had someone put up an ok offer for the two suits, wanting to pay for them by paypal.
Reading the horror stories regarding scammers, and the primarily one-sided buyers protection, this was a bit much for me. Was able to settle on receiving half via wire transfer and half via PayPal, still to happen.

He's not located in the country of origine of the CL alternative, but I can still live with that - plenty of people actually look in broader markets for purchases. First semi Red flag

The address and name he's putting up for shipment (via CL alternative chat) however seems to be fishy to say the least. The address is one of a company, created under a year ago - 2nd Red flag (although not 100%)
The name (when searching for full name + address) does give a meaningful Google result albeit on a different address + not a complete match (surname checks out, Family name doesn't). Adress contains an occupation name which partially matches the initial name he gave.

I guess this is very abstract, but let's try:

Buyer calls himself Jimmy Something, and wants me to ship to Jimmy Something, 10 locksmith Street, City name.

Googling shows there is a Jimmy Something else, active as a locksmith, on a different address.

10 locksmith Street is the Adress of the company existing less than a year, however linked to a different name. (John doe)

I know there's plenty of Red flags here, but if I'd really receive half in wire transfer, I'm not making a loss if the paypal payment would in a dispute. Common sense would tell me to stay away, but is there any way to prepare myself for this scam?
I'm thinking in the direction of mailing the linked email account of that paypal, and asking confirmation to where and whom it needs to be sent to: locksmith real Adress, or corresponding name of the adress he gave. I.e. Create proof he's purposely handing out false info. Revert on local CL alternative to have proof on both "platforms", only ship to the official shipment adress linked to that account,...

Anything to consider?

Nemley

Reaction score
I, for one, would definitely not do business with any locksmith who calls himself Jimmy Something Else....sounds Mob related to me.
I laughed when I read this. Needless to say, but I chose a fictive example. I guess scammers have privacy as well?

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How do you feel about spending money on non-essential goods during the Covid-19 crisis?

• I don't want to spend money at a time of economic uncertainty, even if I could afford it.

• I feel compelled to spend to help small businesses that are struggling.

• I reduced my budget for non-essential goods and I'm not spending at the moment.

• Not much has changed for me and I'm still buying stuff I can't afford.

Results are only viewable after voting.