• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

noob in 89

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I bought the jeans from a reputable second-hand seller which authenticates name brand items...

Was this a reputable place called The Real Real? :hide:

I got this from them yesterday (20% rule!) — a men’s Our Legacy blazer described as a Women’s XXL. (Our Legacy uses numbered sizes, so who knows):

656B6DDA-ED0B-4E7D-815A-8E52AE2566CB.png

4669EBB1-0223-4495-AE3F-8697E5325574.png
[/

Last edited:

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Alright, I need some advice:

View attachment 1315668 View attachment 1315669 View attachment 1315670

I didn’t write that it was “Slim Fit” in the text description but didn’t say it wasn’t, either. I did mark it as “slim fit” in the item details, and the “slim fit” label, while not photographed on its own, is visible in the photos. I realize I could write it out in the description too, and I could photograph the “Slim Fit” label on its own, but seriously?

Should I ask the buyer to amend? Go to eBay directly? Ignore it? I don’t intend to take a return because, frankly, I’m moving overseas in a few weeks and probably won’t be doing much eBaying from China.

But 2 negative feedbacks in a couple days after nothing but positive is a bit maddening.

On that note: Second issue I need advice on

View attachment 1315673

I sold these jeans back on November 14th, marked delivered No ember 18th, and then a couple days ago I get this feedback. So I message to get some more info:

View attachment 1315675

And in response:

View attachment 1315677
View attachment 1315679 View attachment 1315680 View attachment 1315681
So:
1. Looking at the address I shipped to, it looks like a forwarding company. I bought the jeans from a reputable second-hand seller which authenticates name brand items, so I’m inclined to believe that it’s possible the forwarding company the buyer used switched out the jeans, but:
2. The photos provided are very grainy and don’t include any of the numbers/letters photographed for the original listing, and I don’t have photos of these areas.
3. He threw them away, so there’s no way to investigate further or take a return.

I don’t want to deal with this buyer anymore considering his attitude/insults. Maybe the jeans were fake and I didn’t know - I didn’t personally authenticate them, after all.

So what would you do here? Go to eBay? Take it and move on?

Really miffed about these. :(

I would call EBay on the SLP buyer and point out the language used in his message to you. If nothing else, this clown should be reported for foul language. That at least used to be against Ebay policy.

Flashbang

Reaction score
I would call EBay on the SLP buyer and point out the language used in his message to you. If nothing else, this clown should be reported for foul language. That at least used to be against Ebay policy.

Alright, fair enough, yeah I’ll have a crack at both.

Thanks.

UPDATE: Negative feedback on the suit successfully removed. That was quick! Now waiting on the SLP jeans.

UPDATE 2: SLP jeans rejected for feedback removal. Darn.

Last edited:

Steve Smith

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
UPDATE 2: SLP jeans rejected for feedback removal. Darn.

Try two more times. FWIW I have had no luck with female CSRs but have had success with men on a couple of removals. Now I just hang up if it's a female because I tend to use logic in making my case.

Patrologia

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@Flashbang definitely give us the buyers name so we can block. Clearly not a person we want to deal with, sorry you're having to deal with him.
One a similar note, I'm curious how y'all deal with buyers who request BS returns. I've already decided to accept the return itself (even though "seller does not accept returns"), just because I'm a nice guy and the guy requesting it managed to be nice in his request. His reason falls into eBay's functional "try it for free" category: it didn't fit his workflow (not a clothing item, photography equipment). This is the first return request I've had except for one completely looney toons chick who had no connection with reality, so I wonder what most of you do. Accept the return, consider it all good or normal at least and keep on keeping on, accept the return and block the dude for future purchases in case he decides to "try" something that costs real money, or (and this I consider the nuclear option) tattle on him to Styleforum so that he can buy crap on ebay but will never buy decent menswear again, not that I know if he's even interested?

To be clear, I'm not losing much money on this sale, this is about the "principle of the thing" and about establishing policy.

Stewie

Reaction score
Need to list this suit - what is this stripe pattern called - does it have a name? Or just call it striped? Been a while since I have found a decent suit to list...im guessing just list as pinstripe?
DSC04988.JPG

tgaith77

Reaction score
If you aren't sure whether to take a return, here's an easy decision making hack I came up with:

Do you offer returns? --- You will take all returns.
Do you offer conditional returns? ----- You will take all returns.
Do you offer no returns? ----- You will take all returns.

@Flashbang definitely give us the buyers name so we can block. Clearly not a person we want to deal with, sorry you're having to deal with him.
One a similar note, I'm curious how y'all deal with buyers who request BS returns. I've already decided to accept the return itself (even though "seller does not accept returns"), just because I'm a nice guy and the guy requesting it managed to be nice in his request. His reason falls into eBay's functional "try it for free" category: it didn't fit his workflow (not a clothing item, photography equipment). This is the first return request I've had except for one completely looney toons chick who had no connection with reality, so I wonder what most of you do. Accept the return, consider it all good or normal at least and keep on keeping on, accept the return and block the dude for future purchases in case he decides to "try" something that costs real money, or (and this I consider the nuclear option) tattle on him to Styleforum so that he can buy crap on ebay but will never buy decent menswear again, not that I know if he's even interested?

To be clear, I'm not losing much money on this sale, this is about the "principle of the thing" and about establishing policy.

Patrologia

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If you aren't sure whether to take a return, here's an easy decision making hack I came up with:

Do you offer returns? --- You will take all returns.
Do you offer conditional returns? ----- You will take all returns.
Do you offer no returns? ----- You will take all returns.
Oh I know that. According to eBay, my item is already on its journey back home to be relisted. My question is really about consequences: forgive or block?

EDIT TO ADD: my inclination is to block him.

Last edited:

drlivingston

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Oh I know that. According to eBay, my item is already on its journey back home robe relisted. My question is really about consequences: forgive or block?

EDIT TO ADD: my inclination is to block him.
Don't relist until you have the item back in hand. Too many things can go wrong.
1) Lost in mail.
2) Wrong item sent back.
3) Item not in same condition as previously listed.

Lawman231

Reaction score
I could use some eBay advice. I’ve been trying to sell a Borrelli overcoat that I spent $1200 for in November and the most I could fetch on eBay was a pathetic $113.

My Main Man

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I could use some eBay advice. I’ve been trying to sell a Borrelli overcoat that I spent $1200 for in November and the most I could fetch on eBay was a pathetic $113.

Next time, don't do an auction. Unless you have consistent followers, you're not going to get the views on something like that. Do a 'Buy It Now or Best Offer' and wait. Fair warning: making over $1000 on ebay on one item of clothing is pretty rare. You're usually going to sit on it for a few months before getting an offer you'll be satisfied with.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads