• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

jebarne

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
In Turbo Lister, the field is called "Custom Label".
OK K-T, by giving me that field name, I could see that GS is already mapping that field to the sku number field.

EBAY's selling manager lets you add that field thru the customize option. I added the field, moved it where I wanted it, a voila, I get the SKU.

You just solved an aggravation I've been trying to fix for a couple weeks. This didn't matter when I was selling open items and packing and shipping on Sunday. I matters a bunch with everything pre-boxed.

An example from my listings

jdrizzy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm blanking. What pattern is this again?

jebarne

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Schedule your listing, you have the EBAY item number then, box it, right that number on the box, and I KNOW there is an option to print EBAY item number on the shipping label.
right, the problem is when you only sell a third of what you have listed in a given week and have to re-list a couple of times. You don't want to have to re-label all your boxes.

Now the box number will match the postage label no matter if its relisted 20 times.

richnet12

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yes I called. I apparently caught their attention with a listing for a blue Lacoste polo shirt which was started last night. In the listing I state that there is no guarantee of authenticity but look at the close up photos of the tags and they appear authentic, the buttons are pearl and have the markings of real pear on the back. Then the big mistake was to say. "Decide for yourself if the shirt is authentic." It is definitely authentic, but I went overboard on the disclaimer.
The rep said NOT to disclaim proof of authenticity but was not then person who decided to pull my listings.
The Lacoste shirt was just one of 17 listings pulled. Apparently my failure to contact EBay when they pulled a previous listing in February was also held against me.

Lirum

Reaction score
OK K-T, by giving me that field name, I could see that GS is already mapping that field to the sku number field.

EBAY's selling manager lets you add that field thru the customize option. I added the field, moved it where I wanted it, a voila, I get the SKU.

You just solved an aggravation I've been trying to fix for a couple weeks. This didn't matter when I was selling open items and packing and shipping on Sunday. I matters a bunch with everything pre-boxed.

DEAR GOD THANK YOU.

Koala-T

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Yeah, it's definitely going to make life easier!

Lirum

Reaction score
What it also allows you to do is sort by SKU, and the reprice based on SKU. Still time consuming en masse, but wasn't possible at all before. FAR more important imo. I have items from five months ago that I simply want gone and would be willing to run .99 auctions on. Playing 'hey this thumbnail looks like a pic I took five months ago', or 'I wouldn't have bought that now' ******* sucks. But still, bigger than that is for months I have been wanting to reprice on a two cycle schedule, which was impossible before.

Brianpore

B&S (BS) ambassador-in-chief
Reaction score
Yes I called. I apparently caught their attention with a listing for a blue Lacoste polo shirt which was started last night. In the listing I state that there is no guarantee of authenticity but look at the close up photos of the tags and they appear authentic, the buttons are pearl and have the markings of real pear on the back. Then the big mistake was to say. "Decide for yourself if the shirt is authentic." It is definitely authentic, but I went overboard on the disclaimer.
The rep said NOT to disclaim proof of authenticity but was not then person who decided to pull my listings.
The Lacoste shirt was just one of 17 listings pulled. Apparently my failure to contact EBay when they pulled a previous listing in February was also held against me.
gotcha... a tad overboard and not following up with ebay...cool thanks for mentioning it though. Gonna leave mine as they are

Koala-T

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What it also allows you to do is sort by SKU, and the reprice based on SKU. Still time consuming en masse, but wasn't possible at all before. FAR more important imo. I have items from five months ago that I simply want gone and would be willing to run .99 auctions on. Playing 'hey this thumbnail looks like a pic I took five months ago', or 'I wouldn't have bought that now' ******* sucks. But still, bigger than that is for months I have been wanting to reprice on a two cycle schedule, which was impossible before.
Yeah, the unique identifiers I'm creating are based partially on date, so that'll work out well. I only just started using them though, and I'm probably not going to implement them retroactively, because that would be kind of a pain, but eventually I'll sell off most of that back stock without SKU/Custom Labels.

Brianpore

B&S (BS) ambassador-in-chief
Reaction score
Guys, I can't thank you all enough for the suggestions on the basic site I posted a few days ago. Took all of it in and put in lots of hard work. Lots more content on the "about page", the scrolling pictures now link to the items on ebay, etc. I think it's almost there. I want to include a shoe heel database page like the suit label page. Also still need to think of some cool info to go on the "shirt, tie, etc" page. If you dont mind taking a look and any additional feedback would be great, considering you guys are the basic target audience (people outside SF but who like mens clothing). Basic link is here http://brianpore.wix.com/tct1

IN ADDITION - Each consignor is going to have their own hidden password protected page - Example is here, password is test1234 http://brianpore.wix.com/tct1#!brian-pore/cgsb

PS - From the post below. I want to do sooo much more the with individual consignors pages, and have them all link back to my excel sheet, but it requires real web design and a database. At the moment this is the most I can do with just posting links and even that its a ton of time for each item and keeping track of it all. At least that's the game plan if I can get any real traction with this site once it launches. "Real" websites are expensive to deign.

Last edited:

Koala-T

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Guys, I can't thank you all enough for the suggestions on the basic site I posted a few days ago. Took all of it in and put in lots of hard work. Lots more content on the "about page", the scrolling pictures now link to the items on ebay, etc. I think it's almost there. I want to include a shoe heel database page like the suit label page. Also still need to think of some cool info to go on the "shirt, tie, etc" page.

IN ADDITION - Each consignor is going to have their own hidden password protected page - Example is here, password is test1234 http://brianpore.wix.com/tct1#!brian-pore/cgsb
Re Shirts & Ties: You might talk about how to spot the difference between machine stitched and hand sewn shirting. you could go into textures, weaves, and multi-folds on ties. Complete with pics on both of course.

I think the individual consignor page is awesome. Great idea, and lots of room to expand there too, like you could have a chart stating which items of their's have sold, and what their percentage comes out to after fees.

Great work! Something to aspire to.

Reosymes

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I thought when you excluded certain countries from shipping, people weren't allowed to bid/buy from there. Just noticed someone from Brazil has a bid on an item of mine. Wtf. I remember reading here that Brazil has this law that prohibits importing pre-owned clothes. He has tons of positive feedback and seems like an ok buyer, but still, it's a $20 tie and I'm not shipping it any other way other than Priority Express international ($45). Should I contact him re: retracting his bid?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads