1. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 8: A Bespoke Coat from David Reeves

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 6th auction of the year is for a Bespoke Coat from David Reeves. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by HansderHund, Jul 27, 2012.

1. TheNeedMachine

TheNeedMachine Distinguished Member

He may have a US shipping address on his paypal - ask if he does.

2. COtoKS

COtoKS Senior Member

If you haven't already done so, you need to block buyers who have a primary shipping address in locations you've excluded.

On your seller page:

My Account --> Site Preferences --> Selling Preferences --> Buyer requirements

3. Reosymes

Reosymes Senior Member

Thanks. I've already done that but he slipped through the cracks, somehow. Needmachine, you may be right. Will contact him.

4. hbkshin

hbkshin Distinguished Member

Okay so this is a concept I received for a logo. I'm liking the general concept but it's still irking me. Thought I'd get ideas on opinions/likes/dislikes/if I should rework the whole idea.

http://i.imgur.com/Xjxzfqn.jpg

Last edited: Jul 25, 2014

5. Koala-T

Koala-T Distinguished Member

I like the logo, but I'd go ahead and take a regular "w" on front. Mu first impression was "what is ardrobe renovations?" Course, I'm just you frindly neighborhood koala fanatic.

6. capnwes

capnwes Distinguished Member

Yeah, it's off. Keep working it. I'd say make it more of a spread collar to make a nicer W and move the text up to the top of the graphic. Let the tie hang.

[​IMG]

7. MJMcRibb

MJMcRibb Distinguished Member

I like the concept and I think Wes is onto something with the hanging tie. Don't know if I'm feeling the colors and the font. Something about the current one feels almost construction-ish/industrial. Maybe it resembles something local and that's why I get that impression.

8. cdgreg

cdgreg Senior Member

Wes' next gig will be hand sketching logos for everyone for a reasonable price! Really like what you did with that.

9. capnwes

capnwes Distinguished Member

Sorry, drawing on the phone is wonky.

Here'e an idea. But it might be difficult to pull off with a clean/neat design.

[​IMG]

10. Reosymes

Reosymes Senior Member

+1. The stark yellow and black seem very industrial.

11. jebarne

jebarne Distinguished Member

I think your current one is better. More current to my eye.

12. jebarne

jebarne Distinguished Member

On the continuing dialog about how to list sizes to stay out of trouble: I've listed a Black Fleece suit that I have.

Suit is tagged a BB3. Supplemental tag says Regular.

Web site says BB3 = 42, hence 42R.

However, the jacket is only 29" long. The pants are 35"x28". Sleeves are 23.5". If there was no tag I would have listed this as a 42 short- athletic cut.

If you've handled these BB tagged sizes before, what's the best strategy for listing the size?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/BROOKS-BROT...Size-BB3-42-USA-Modern-/261543454197#viTabs_0

13. txwoodworker

txwoodworker Distinguished Member

Yep, I blew my own mind when I figured this out. There is a place to add this directly into your listing when using Turbo Lister, but turbo lister is a pos, so I don't use it. Unfortunately for me, I don't have the custom label option available when creating the listing, I have to add on my scheduled listing page, so it's one more step. If the custom label box is available when making listings in Garage Sale, y'all are one step ahead.
    The next step, once you've added the custom label serialization to your listing is to get it to automatically put that # on the label. When using the bulk shipping tool, click the Label Preferences button in the upper right corner , then select "custom label" in the drop down box near the bottom of the dialog box:
    [​IMG]

Now when you go to ship, the shipping label will be automatically populated with your "custom label" serial #.

One hurdle to having practically one click shipping is being able to select regional rate boxes as the shipping method when creating the listing. This is one of the last few things I have to jack with in the bulk shipping tool. Anyone know how to make that happen?

14. Fueco

Fueco Distinguished Member

I found this guys "advertisement" in the form of a sticker slapped on a bathroom door in a coffee shop in Mammoth Lakes, CA.

https://www.facebook.com/horriblelogos