• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

TheNeedMachine

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I thought when you excluded certain countries from shipping, people weren't allowed to bid/buy from there. Just noticed someone from Brazil has a bid on an item of mine. Wtf. I remember reading here that Brazil has this law that prohibits importing pre-owned clothes. He has tons of positive feedback and seems like an ok buyer, but still, it's a $20 tie and I'm not shipping it any other way other than Priority Express international ($45). Should I contact him re: retracting his bid?

He may have a US shipping address on his paypal - ask if he does.

COtoKS

Reaction score
I thought when you excluded certain countries from shipping, people weren't allowed to bid/buy from there. Just noticed someone from Brazil has a bid on an item of mine. Wtf. I remember reading here that Brazil has this law that prohibits importing pre-owned clothes. He has tons of positive feedback and seems like an ok buyer, but still, it's a $20 tie and I'm not shipping it any other way other than Priority Express international ($45). Should I contact him re: retracting his bid?

If you haven't already done so, you need to block buyers who have a primary shipping address in locations you've excluded.

On your seller page:

My Account --> Site Preferences --> Selling Preferences --> Buyer requirements

Reosymes

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If you haven't already done so, you need to block buyers who have a primary shipping address in locations you've excluded.

On your seller page:

My Account --> Site Preferences --> Selling Preferences --> Buyer requirements

Thanks. I've already done that but he slipped through the cracks, somehow. Needmachine, you may be right. Will contact him.

Brianpore

B&S (BS) ambassador-in-chief
Reaction score
My post office women loves me
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

hbkshin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Okay so this is a concept I received for a logo. I'm liking the general concept but it's still irking me. Thought I'd get ideas on opinions/likes/dislikes/if I should rework the whole idea.

http://i.imgur.com/Xjxzfqn.jpg

Last edited:

Koala-T

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Okay so this is a concept I received for a logo. I'm liking the general concept but it's still irking me. Thought I'd get ideas on opinions/likes/dislikes/if I should rework the whole idea.

I like the logo, but I'd go ahead and take a regular "w" on front. Mu first impression was "what is ardrobe renovations?" Course, I'm just you frindly neighborhood koala fanatic.

MJMcRibb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Yeah, it's off. Keep working it. I'd say make it more of a spread collar to make a nicer W and move the text up to the top of the graphic. Let the tie hang.
I like the concept and I think Wes is onto something with the hanging tie. Don't know if I'm feeling the colors and the font. Something about the current one feels almost construction-ish/industrial. Maybe it resembles something local and that's why I get that impression.

cdgreg

Reaction score
Wes' next gig will be hand sketching logos for everyone for a reasonable price! Really like what you did with that.

Reosymes

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Don't know if I'm feeling the colors and the font. Something about the current one feels almost construction-ish/industrial. Maybe it resembles something local and that's why I get that impression.
+1. The stark yellow and black seem very industrial.

jebarne

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I think your current one is better. More current to my eye.

jebarne

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
On the continuing dialog about how to list sizes to stay out of trouble: I've listed a Black Fleece suit that I have.

Suit is tagged a BB3. Supplemental tag says Regular.

Web site says BB3 = 42, hence 42R.

However, the jacket is only 29" long. The pants are 35"x28". Sleeves are 23.5". If there was no tag I would have listed this as a 42 short- athletic cut.

If you've handled these BB tagged sizes before, what's the best strategy for listing the size?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/BROOKS-BROT...Size-BB3-42-USA-Modern-/261543454197#viTabs_0

Last edited:

txwoodworker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
OK K-T, by giving me that field name, I could see that GS is already mapping that field to the sku number field.

EBAY's selling manager lets you add that field thru the customize option. I added the field, moved it where I wanted it, a voila, I get the SKU.

You just solved an aggravation I've been trying to fix for a couple weeks. This didn't matter when I was selling open items and packing and shipping on Sunday. I matters a bunch with everything pre-boxed.

An example from my listings

right, the problem is when you only sell a third of what you have listed in a given week and have to re-list a couple of times. You don't want to have to re-label all your boxes.

Now the box number will match the postage label no matter if its relisted 20 times.

DEAR GOD THANK YOU.
Yep, I blew my own mind when I figured this out. There is a place to add this directly into your listing when using Turbo Lister, but turbo lister is a pos, so I don't use it. Unfortunately for me, I don't have the custom label option available when creating the listing, I have to add on my scheduled listing page, so it's one more step. If the custom label box is available when making listings in Garage Sale, y'all are one step ahead.
The next step, once you've added the custom label serialization to your listing is to get it to automatically put that # on the label. When using the bulk shipping tool, click the Label Preferences button in the upper right corner , then select "custom label" in the drop down box near the bottom of the dialog box:

Now when you go to ship, the shipping label will be automatically populated with your "custom label" serial #.

One hurdle to having practically one click shipping is being able to select regional rate boxes as the shipping method when creating the listing. This is one of the last few things I have to jack with in the bulk shipping tool. Anyone know how to make that happen?

Last edited:

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads