• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

coolarrow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If you tried it and it works, that is because USPS is up and running (I've yet to try). But trust me when we said it was broken for click-n-ship. Only time you would even get a RRA option is when u are just calculating. You could navigate directly from that quote page to print, and it would not appear. A few threads from Amazon and eBay have been linked showing the problem nationwide.

I am just glad it worked for you, and lets hope by time I have a chance to use it, its up and running!

Yea, I received that as well. lol
The full panoply of Regional Rate was available when I printed a label this morning THANKS USPS/EBAY! No need for the workaround.

Shoeluv

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Shoeluv, yes it is a bit odd here is the label removal...

Unfortunately it is black pinstripe three button, but the styling looks pretty recent.

I was thinking around $300-$350 does that sound about right? I got a great deal on it, but really want to maximize my final sale price on this piece.
It will depend on how long you are willing to wait. I am guessing you could do $349 BIN/OBO and could eventually sell it for ~$300 might take up to a year. If you want to sell it quick, probably $200 range.

FreedBird

Reaction score

even that seems a bit ambitious. More like 150-200

After pulling $450 for this awfully dated HF piece I will believe anything is possible, thanks for the price guidance. I should still be able to get a decent profit if it doesn't go in that range.

jdrizzy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

After pulling $450 for this awfully dated HF piece I will believe anything is possible, thanks for the price guidance. I should still be able to get a decent profit if it doesn't go in that range.

Link to your eBay?

My ideology behind it is, HF sells all day everyday +bright ass colour+full suit =chedda

PRl corn in simple colour pinstripe is meh

My Main Man

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
so i notice a lot of people ship ties first class. for those that do, what's the cost difference between first class and priority for you? not sure if it's because I live in the center of the country, but I just did a cost comparison and when you factor in the cost of boxes (for first class packages), first class ends up costing me about the same amount of money as priority (free boxes).

MJMcRibb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I'm guessing this had something to do with the celebrity connection. Is that the same one?

FreedBird

Reaction score

Link to your eBay?

My ideology behind it is, HF sells all day everyday +bright ass colour+full suit =chedda

PRl corn in simple colour pinstripe is meh

Link is in my signature. That makes sense around those brands. I don't dabble in RL or HF much, but when I see an expensive suit at a good price I won't refuse it.

FreedBird

Reaction score

I'm guessing this had something to do with the celebrity connection. Is that the same one?

Perhaps it being a preachers suit helped, but I pulled $300 for another pretty dated HF suit that sold 2 days after I listed it. I'm kind of kicking myself for some of the other ones I passed on now.

sparrow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Have these Beretta Outdoor chinos to list. They are new, but the only think remotely resembling a tag is the dongle you see off the belt loop. I'm thinking that listing as NWOT is the right way to go, but since there is something physically still attached from the store, I thought I would check the pulse of moving up to NWT. Comments?
Not nwt No tags

Shoeluv

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
so i notice a lot of people ship ties first class. for those that do, what's the cost difference between first class and priority for you? not sure if it's because I live in the center of the country, but I just did a cost comparison and when you factor in the cost of boxes (for first class packages), first class ends up costing me about the same amount of money as priority (free boxes).
My ties usually cost $2.09 to ship + .25¢ for the box. What priority box are you shipping in? SFR?

capnwes

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
First Class is usually $2.30 total. ($2.01 for postage, and about $0.29 cents per box - including tax and shipping from U-line.)
First Class Insured would be $4 total, but I only insure ties if they sell for at least $50.

Priority in the same box as above is between $4.87 and $6.11 total, depending on destination, insurance included up to $100 (or $50 depending on your volume)

Small Flat Rate is $5.20, insurance included up to $100 (or $50 depending on your volume)

Even if they are insured, $1.20 may not seem like a huge difference, until you do it 50 times a week.

Last edited:

My Main Man

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
First Class is about $2.30. ($2.01 for postage, and about $0.29 cents per box after shipping from U-line.
Insured would be $4 total, but I only insure ties if they sell for at least $50.

Priority in the same box is $4.87 - $6.11 total depending on destination, insurance included up to $100

Small Flat Rate is $5.20, insurance included up to $100

Even if they are insured, $1.20 is not a huge difference, until you do it 50 times a week.
Good call. Yeah, I was putting insurance into the equation. But you're right. I sell maybe 10 ties a week and that $1 has been worth it for me as a relatively newish seller to know my stuff is going to get where it's going within 2 days (3 days if it's going to some boondocks-type place). Might start offering up the option for calculated First Class or $5 priority and see how that works out for a while.

Koala-T

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I was talking to @txwoodworker the other day, and he is one of the sellers who uses a made up serial number to identify each item so he can package them as he lists them, and identify them by writing that number on the package when it comes time to ship. He mentioned to me that there was a place, using Turbo-Lister where you could enter in your unique identifying alphanumeric number and it would print out on your label, making it that much easier to match label to box. Is there a field in GarageSale that you can do this with? Barring that, is there a place in the actual item edit interface where you could input that unique identifier?

TheNeedMachine

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hoo boy - made a nice shipping cost mistake. Figured shipping on an item to be about $20 based on size & weight (bigger than USPS large flat rate)...buyer was from Hawaii, shipping cost was $64. Least I got a $20 discount on postage thru eBay. Lesson learned - if shipping non flat-rate and allowing shipping to AK and HI, add the surcharge!

My Main Man

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hoo boy - made a nice shipping cost mistake. Figured shipping on an item to be about $20 based on size & weight (bigger than USPS large flat rate)...buyer was from Hawaii, shipping cost was $64. Least I got a $20 discount on postage thru eBay. Lesson learned - if shipping non flat-rate and allowing shipping to AK and HI, add the surcharge!
I was wondering this the other day. If you offer free domestic shipping, does that include HI and AK?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads