• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

TheNeedMachine

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Thanks for the reply. I always thought the sizing had more to do with the shoulder width than the chest, and being at 19 inches I figured 42 was a close bet. If sizing has to do with the chest as a primary factor rather than secondary, I thought wrong. I ended the listing, (EDIT) double checked measurements: chest 25, waist 25.5 (ugh) 19.75 shoulder (wtf i suck) . Im putting this listing at 48/50, seems like a solid bet. thanks for the help. also changed to best offer.
That was yours...? I bid on it, then it got another right after mine, then ended. Heh, oh well - was for flippery if ended cheap so agreed - best to figure out the size and probably relist as BINOBO.

ridethecliche

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
The SNAD thing was why I was commenting on the size like that.

I didn't think it fit and someone would file something since it was advertised completely wrong. Glad we saved you here.

cdgreg

Reaction score
I bought a couple NIB/NWT Vineyard Vines ties from my girl Linda. For NWT/NIB do you all still do the standard tie a knot picture, or would that violate some of the crisp newness?

@Yorker There's some debate based on the AskAndy thread, but my rule of thumb for non-tagged SC's is the chest measurement doubled minus 2" = jacket size.

Last edited:

jebarne

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

my most expensive sale in a while. Ladies belt and buckle. Brought $256. Pales next to $800 sets of buttons and $330 red plaid suits, but I'll take it on my $1.62 investment.

SCoNE

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply. I always thought the sizing had more to do with the shoulder width than the chest, and being at 19 inches I figured 42 was a close bet. If sizing has to do with the chest as a primary factor rather than secondary, I thought wrong.
I ended the listing,
(EDIT)

double checked measurements: chest 25, waist 25.5 (ugh) 19.75 shoulder (wtf i suck) . Im putting this listing at 48/50, seems like a solid bet.

thanks for the help. also changed to best offer.

Jesus, from 0.99 auction to $500 buy it now...

Anyway, left sleeve, picture two--is it missing a button or is it just unbuttoned? Might want to give that some attention either way.

Lirum

Reaction score
Well, I finished. Here are the pictures in stages. Overall, I'm happy, though I think I'm going to have to rethink my diffusion material. may need something slightly more substantial. Could be that a double layer would do the trick, but I'm not sure. We'll see. I'll do some experimenting and figure out what works best. However, it serves it's purposes: portrays accurate color, self contained, relatively easily disassembled for storage (when needed), and much sturdier.

Base painted (4'x4')

Base wrapped

Base with pvc frame base screwed in place

Frame assembled

Diffusion material and lights in place (moved that back high center light to the top so it shines down now. Total of 8 lights.

Great idea and design, but I think you need a lot more light.

FreedBird

Reaction score

Great idea and design, but I think you need a lot more light.

I'm guessing he is going to put direct light on his photos as well. Well designed you must have a good sized room for your eBay stuff.

Koala-T

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Great idea and design, but I think you need a lot more light.
Thanks!!

Actually, I don't need more light, I need better diffusion, but it actually works pretty well so far. I am going to change the diffusion material though.

Last edited:

ridethecliche

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Post a picture of how you used to do it and how you do it now, preferably with the same item.

If you have time that is. Should show the effect!

Koala-T

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Post a picture of how you used to do it and how you do it now, preferably with the same item.

If you have time that is. Should show the effect!

Don't have pictures with the same item, but I can get you tie pictures (I have changed base background colors though, so that'll be pretty different.

Old tent.

New homemade tent:

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know how to find the shipping page on PayPal's website? I'm trying to ship something to a friend, and can't, for the life of me, find the damned shipping page on PayPal...

Shoeluv

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Last edited:

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Found it. Thanks!

PayPal really needs to fix the search function on the site.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Staff online

Forum statistics