1. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 9: A MTM nylon MA-1 bomber from Falcon Garments

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 6th auction of the year is for a nylon MA-1 from Falcon garments. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by HansderHund, Jul 27, 2012.

1. capnwes

capnwes Distinguished Member

I found a useful angle for that tool. I had a potential customer looking for a certain size wingtip. He was newer to eBay and didn't seem like he was especially good at site navigation. I compiled a collection of the few I had and sent him the link. Made it easy for him and only took a couple minutes to do.
    Thanks dude!

2. stevent

stevent Distinguished Member

Best way to approach this? Have a buyer who messages asking for express mail shipping, I say I can do it and check what eBay says. eBay says one day delivery. So I agree and send the buyer the invoice. Buyer does not pay that night but pays the next morning, I ship within a few hours of payment. Package dropped off to employee who says it's good for tomorrow no need to fill out the form (my fault for not insisting). Package not scanned yet for some reason and buyer just sends message accusing me of not sending express mail because he knows by tracking number. Thinking just to send him photo of label? If he does leave me negative feedback am I covered?

3. SpooPoker

SpooPoker Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

4. sparrow

sparrow Distinguished Member

5. othertravel

othertravel Distinguished Member

Is there anything special about it?

6. jebarne

jebarne Distinguished Member

Hi guys:

I would like to introduce a new member to this forum.

On the 4th, my wife and I met @Dimrain13 starting his thrifting/ebay odyssey. I ran into him again yesterday in a gw near my place.

This young man is an active-duty member of the USMC and is stationed at Camp Lajeune, NC. That's not something you do for the money, and he has opened an ebay store to supplement his income.

I'm sure everyone will welcome him into the group here.

Thanks,

jb

7. txwoodworker

txwoodworker Distinguished Member

8. sparrow

sparrow Distinguished Member

its Brioni + spoo selling it

9. suited

suited Distinguished Member

Sold this tie:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=231268885185&ssPageName=ADME:X:AAQ:US:1123

Buyer messages me and says:

I respond:

They respond:

I respond:

I think the person might actually be retarded.

Last edited: Jul 13, 2014

10. tonylamer

tonylamer Senior Member

The colour thing is ridiculous, especially the purple-blue comment. But I kind of think the guy's right about the stain. You do say it's there, and the buyer would know that he's getting a stained tie. But I can't see it at all in the picture. As I read it he's not saying that he didn't know about the stain, only that he couldn't see it and that it's "very big."

Remember that you're dealing with a person who's willing to buy and wear a used, stained tie.

11. Brianpore

Brianpore B&S (BS) ambassador-in-chief

12. Snoogz

Snoogz Distinguished Member

I can totally see the stain, and know where its at. You can see the blob even in the first picture.

13. SpooPoker

SpooPoker Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

14. suited

suited Distinguished Member

That's how the stain looks in "real life." I photographed it accurately. Putting that aside, the fact that the auction says the tie is stained in two different places should be enough, unless the buyer is just throwing bids on stuff without actually looking at the items. In that case, no amount of effort on my part is going to make a difference.

The buyer never messaged me back, so hopefully they just go away. I will lose any faith I have left in eBay customer support if they open a case and eBay sides with them, or if they leave negative feedback and eBay won't remove it. At that point, eBay would basically be saying that the buyer has no responsibility whatsoever to even look at the auction before buying something.

Last edited: Jul 13, 2014