• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

hbkshin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Case:

Quote:

I'm pretty good at picturing my items nowadays to what color they are. Again I wish these people would contact me instead of knee-jerk opening a case. Really annoying I'm going to get a defect for this.

TheNeedMachine

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How heavy were shoes? And if you ship fedex ground it's usually cheaper or same price for shoes just takes a few days longer. Insurance costs similar and shipping prices potentially cheaper. Definitely would be less than $45 though regardless of weight

I checked FedEx Ground rates for the same services (insured, signature required) and yep FedEx would have been about $20 cheaper. Oh well - live and learn - next time. Thank you for the tip!

suited

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone want to take guesses on what this hideously soiled pair of Bijan pinstripe suit pants will sell for? Should be interesting - a true wildcard. Going to send 'em off at 99 cents. The stain is the densest, purest color of yellow I've seen, as far as soiling goes. This guy must have been dehydrated as **** in order to produce urine this yellow.

CLICK BELOW AND AVERT YOUR EYES

Last edited:

Brianpore

B&S (BS) ambassador-in-chief
Reaction score
Quote:
Even for USPS Priority + sig + insurance that sounds expensive to me...

Someone asked what I use for my disclaimer, this is my current one:

Shipping / Payments / Details
Payment must be made in full prior to the item being shipped
No Proof of Authenticity - Sold Based on Photos In Listing
Items sold per tag size - Measurements are only a guide
Pre-owned items might show evidence of prior wear.
Shipped to paypal verified address only

No returns or exchanges

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

two quick questions.

found a NWT hermes tie. has a few dark "smudge" stains. best way i can describe it. better to leave alone and mention in listing or try (either myself or professionally) to remove?

also, how would you describe these patterns? spoo?

Navy Blue woven gloss stripe diagonal ribbed texture

Gold Royal blue interwoven checker grid diamond geometric

Even for USPS Priority + sig + insurance that sounds expensive to me...

Someone asked what I use for my disclaimer, this is my current one:

Shipping / Payments / Details
Payment must be made in full prior to the item being shipped
No Proof of Authenticity - Sold Based on Photos In Listing
Items sold per tag size - Measurements are only a guide

Pre-owned items might show evidence of prior wear.

Shipped to paypal verified address only

No returns or exchanges

This is fantastic.

jebarne

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Guys,

Let me draw on the Canadian expertise in the forum.

I have a buyer asking me to estimate the import duty on a pair of shoes that will likely sell for $80USD.

So far, in my shipments to Canada, no buyer has said that they had to pay any duty on the item.

In the customs forms, I genericize the input to read "pre-owned men's shoes". no brands.

Is there a definite resource or is there an answer on this?

jb

jebarne

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone want to take guesses on what this hideously soiled pair of Bijan pinstripe suit pants will sell for? Should be interesting - a true wildcard. Going to send 'em off at 99 cents. The stain is the densest, purest color of yellow I've seen, as far as soiling goes. This guy must have been dehydrated as **** in order to produce urine this yellow.

CLICK BELOW AND AVERT YOUR EYES

I think GMMCL recently had a similarly stained pair that he was going to try to treat as soon as he found a hazmat suit.

you may want to PM.

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

jebarne

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Question for you heavy consignees. (or consignors who ship a bunch to new jersey or new york)

I need to ship a heavy box of items to Salt Lake. I don't care how slow it is. My dad had about 100 tapes (reel to reel) of family interviews that I'm having digitized. Will be about 35lbs in a box a bit larger than a box of copy paper.

Which method usually works out to be the cheapest?

EvanM

Reaction score
Guys,

Let me draw on the Canadian expertise in the forum.

I have a buyer asking me to estimate the import duty on a pair of shoes that will likely sell for $80USD.

So far, in my shipments to Canada, no buyer has said that they had to pay any duty on the item.

In the customs forms, I genericize the input to read "pre-owned men's shoes". no brands.

Is there a definite resource or is there an answer on this?

jb

Ship it via USPS so that Canada Post ends up doing the final delivery.
Worst case scenario, they'll be charged $8 brokerage fee + 5% GST, + x% PST (depending on province).
They almost never charge duty on goods coming from the US - just taxes + $8 brokerage fee.

Then again, if you list the value of goods really low (say, $25) they usually don't bother attempting to collect any fees at all... it could be a problem if the parcel is lost though.

SchoolyardBully

Reaction score
Today a not as described case was opened against me from a doctor for a bespoke Gordon Yao sportscoat that was sold to him at $9.99. Upon opening a case prior to contacting me personally, he left a negative feedback immediately after. In response, I called eBay CSR and told them to review the case, at first they told me they couldn't rid the negative feedback and I should contact the buyer to resolve the case first. I, then told them review the case instead since my listing always has approximate measurement listed and the buyer did not bother double the measurement himself, thus the case was found in my favor and they ended up closing the case and removing the neg feedback.

Thank you folks who always remind the users to put up measurement for clarity and most importantly, seller's insurance. You guys are awesome

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads