• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

grendel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How does it work? I have looked into it a bit, but didn't really get a feel for it. Is it much faster than listing via my ebay templates? I'm always looking to save time, and I feel like I am missing out on something here.
It's quick for dropping photos in and it has nice pre-built templates. I never used eBay templates, so I'm not sure how they compare. With this I spent some time picking a template and tweaking it to show / hide the terms & conditions text. I drop however many pics onto it and it picks them up immediately. I just customize the text and it's ready to go. Then I can have a bunch of them in a folder that are ready to go and schedule them in GarageSale. Saves the $0.10 each for the scheduled start because it schedules locally. The upload is quick and you don't have to sit there and deal with the file upload to eBay. I'm not so sure about managing the auctions afterward through GarageSale, though. I've just done that through eBay like before, but that's probably just a matter of habit and familiarity.

suited

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

It's quick for dropping photos in and it has nice pre-built templates. I never used eBay templates, so I'm not sure how they compare. With this I spent some time picking a template and tweaking it to show / hide the terms & conditions text. I drop however many pics onto it and it picks them up immediately. I just customize the text and it's ready to go. Then I can have a bunch of them in a folder that are ready to go and schedule them in GarageSale. Saves the $0.10 each for the scheduled start because it schedules locally. The upload is quick and you don't have to sit there and deal with the file upload to eBay. I'm not so sure about managing the auctions afterward through GarageSale, though. I've just done that through eBay like before, but that's probably just a matter of habit and familiarity.

I modified a few auctions through garagesale and it's pretty seamless.

Doing it through the eBay site itself I just used ctrl + f to search through the code for the text I wanted to change. For myself, I'd probably edit it through garage sale if I wanted to make major changes.

Last edited:

grendel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I modified a few auctions through garagesale and it's pretty seamless.
Doing it through the eBay site itself I just used ctrl + f to search through the code for the text I wanted to change. For myself, I'd probably edit it through garage sale if I wanted to make major changes.
Yeah, I did edits through GarageSale. I meant re-listing, shipping, etc.

suited

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Someone should give these descriptors a try:

Brooks Brothers Recent Navy Suit Staple 42R BITCHIN'

Chipp Grenadine Navy Tie ****DEVASTATING****

Allen Edmond Park Avenue 10.5 *Shitties is tha ********

**FATALITY** Brioni Silk Tie **YOU WIN**

Brianpore

B&S (BS) ambassador-in-chief
Reaction score
I spent a little time over fall break cleaning up and reformatting my listing. Still work to be done to it, since this was a pretty quick job, but would appreciate feedback to direct my future work. This is the only listing that's used it so far.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/HSM-Hart-Sc...l-2PC-Interview-Suit-42-42R-EUC-/290793633785

Thanks.
Only thing I find annoying is that there is a bottom scroll bar when my browser is maxed open. Never seen that before on ebay and knowing a tiny little bit about html its that somehow the width is set to a value larger then the given area instead of a set value with sides that are %. Its a tiny thing, but its the first thing I noticed and bothers me
lol8[1].gif
as soon as the page opens up as it just looks off.

VLSI

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Doesn't happen on my screen... hmmmm. It's set to 100%... maybe I'll just knock it down and see if that helps. Also figure I need to fix the alignment of the pictures and even up the description/measurements boxes and fix the formatting of measurements for multi-piece items. Lastly, I'd like to note... I didn't buy that suit.

*edit* I have a feeling it's because the total width ends up being 100% of the screen plus the padding around the table. Will get that fixed!

Last edited:

capnwes

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Only thing I find annoying is that there is a bottom scroll bar when my browser is maxed open. Never seen that before on ebay and knowing a tiny little bit about html its that somehow the width is set to a value larger then the given area instead of a set value with sides that are %. Its a tiny thing, but its the first thing I noticed and bothers me
lol8%5B1%5D.gif
as soon as the page opens up as it just looks off.
It's fine on mine. Try holding control and rolling the mouse wheel toward you one click.

VLSI

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Ok, well I can fix that. Is the formatting and colors otherwise generally ok?

capnwes

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Ok, well I can fix that. Is the formatting and colors otherwise generally ok?
Yeah, but you spelled "Please" "Condition" and "Inseam" incorrectly....

Also, you may want to mention that the length is measured from the BOC to the hem...or else you will answer that question every day.

Last edited:

VLSI

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score

Yea its different, stands out from everything else.  As you said. I would even up the two white boxes so they are smaller and the same size and then center them both but overall looks good.

Cool, thanks.

Yeah, but you spelled "Please" "Condition" and "Inseam" incorrectly....
Also, you may want to mention that the length is measured from the BOC to the hem...or else you will answer that question every day.

That's what I get for typing up my auctions in notepad. The inseam thing I do all too frequently, I actually had it right this time and switched it assuming I screwed it up :embar: I have never once had someone ask about the length, but I will include that going forward. Thanks.

Mox C

Reaction score
I'd be curious to see what people think of mine as well. I still need to work on my terms and conditions though.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/150902592175

I've also changed my tune on leaving feedback. Yeah, as a buyer, delaying feedback still annoys me some, but I sooo understand it. I've only sold two clothing items on eBay. The last time I was an active seller was 2009. The first, a pair of shoes, still has no feedback, even though I sent a polite reminder.

The second, this 38/32 suit, was returned because it was too small for the guy's 40/36 frame. Well... duh!

A buyer not only has to remit payment, but they also have to be a conscious and considerate participant in the transaction. They both paid me fast enough, but the guy from Germany wanted me to lie on the customs form, claiming the shoes were only $18. I said no, which is probably why he's withholding feedback. These two have ruined things for my future buyers, as this is a pretty horrible track record for experimenting with me leaving feedback first.

Heck, I seem to have a hard time getting feedback on SF B&S, too.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads