1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by HansderHund, Jul 27, 2012.

1. GMMcL

GMMcL Senior member

No dispute whatsoever. And the shirt is wrinkled, and the tuck at the bottom isn't perfect. In an ideal world, I'd address each of those. But as you well know, pics take a lot of freaking time. I've come to an uneasy compromise between perfection and efficiency. I try to keep my actual picture-taking to under 1 minute to put the item on Manny, set, shoot, unset. I get basically 1 hour per week to take all my shots. It's a straight cost-benefit analysis, and it's a completely pragmatic compromise.

2. Samuel Smith

Samuel Smith Senior member

Does anyone have any advice for a bulk photo editing software. I shoot with an iPhone 4S using the Camera+ app. The picture quality is good, IMO, but, when I hit the 'enhance' feature it makes it infinitely better. It's a pain having to do this for each single picture. Is there a bulk app that I can use?

3. HansderHund

HansderHund Senior member

Sorry, back to GarageSale...anyone know the difference between the basic program and the other? There is a considerable price difference, but it's not a big deal to me if it features things that I would really need.

Also, I doubt anyone knows, but is there any problem using it in order to create listings for the international eBay sites rather than eBay.com?

4. Dolfan954

Dolfan954 Senior member

I am not sure if it is corrected by now, but the "basic" version WOULD have been perfect for most of us, but it has a minor flaw. The basic version doesnt allow the total character count in the title as eBay allows. Thus, you are left with title far shorter than you would like. To me, that was an incredible downfall that forced me to splurge for the better version.

If you go to their website, they offer a free trial. Download and install both and see which one you like better!!!

Quote: http://www.iwascoding.com/garagesalebasic/Downloads.html
    http://www.iwascoding.com/GarageSale/Downloads.html

5. HansderHund

Thank you for the explanation! I am going to download the trials now and see how it all works. Really, thanks again!

6. SpooPoker

SpooPoker Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

Im sure it does - they are a German company based in Germany, btw.

PS - If I didnt have GarageSale, I would be lost. :inlove:

7. Dolfan954

Dolfan954 Senior member

+1 and I probably do 1/10000th of the amount of Spoo-tacular. GS runs good reports, auto organizes templates based on your own settings. Its pretty nifty. It does have its kinks and is severely underfunded for development.

8. HansderHund

Good to know! I'm going to give it a shot and see what it's all about...I downloaded the trial, so ill take a look at it and try a couple of listings,

Thanks again to all for the help!

9. ATLjon

ATLjon Senior member

Last edited: Nov 18, 2012
  10. Brianpore

Brianpore Senior member

11. caseyfud

caseyfud Senior member

12. Stewie

Stewie Senior member

How would you describe this jacket's back? Center pleated? Doesnt sound like thats what I am looking for...hard to tell in the picture but I think you get the idea[​IMG]

13. tgt465

tgt465 Senior member

14. SpooPoker

SpooPoker Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

15. Stewie

Stewie Senior member

16. capnwes

capnwes Senior member

Yes, this is normal when giving a refund. It even happens when I do 2% and 5% refunds for the My Store Rewards program. Just archive the item and forget about it....or manually mark it as paid and shipped.

17. concealed

concealed Senior member

#OCDPROBLEMS

18. capnwes

capnwes Senior member

Has anyone else had a sudden increase in folks using the BIN option in the last minutes of the auction by accident? It has happened to me 3 times in the last 2 weeks. All by seemingly experienced buyers with normal, non-suspect feedback and a seemingly good track record. I suppose it could be the new site formatting, but I haven't had any issues with bidding/purchasing myself.

Last night it was a suit for $250+ BIN that would have gone off at around $100. He quickly notified me of his mistake and I had to relist the item.

19. MZhammer

MZhammer Senior member

I searched through this thread quickly so forgive me if I passed over this section but is there a recommendation for where to go to get decent listing templates to build off of? I have a graphic for the "store" name and branding but now I need a rough template for spacing the description etc.

Is there a place to find a starting point? Maybe an HTML template where I can change colors/graphics but use the structure?

20. capnwes

capnwes Senior member

Seems like 2 days would have been enough time to find it in this thread...[​IMG]

Just busting your balls a bit.

I am in search of a similar thing. I am not really that fond of the way my listings look currently and would like to find a table of sorts for my measurements and what not....