Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by HansderHund, Jul 27, 2012.

1. SpooPoker

SpooPoker Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

RARE Vintage Robert Graham Geometric Moroccan Star Print Mens Top Shirt

lol or that

Brian and I differ on this, I would suggest Express mail insured, its $48.50 or so to Japan.

2. FaceOfBoh

FaceOfBoh Senior member

Now that I look at its gain, for what it's worth, the shapes look like the shapes you see in a kids kaleidoscope.

3. Omar1223

Omar1223 Senior member

spoo, why do you prefer express mail?

4. SpooPoker

SpooPoker Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

I dont have to wait at the post office. Its all done at the office.

5. SpooPoker

Whats up with Russia? Just got this...

Sincerely,
    The eBay Shipping Team

6. Brianpore

Brianpore B&S (BS) ambassador-in-chief

7. capnwes

capnwes Senior member

Huh...I had a package go to Russia yesterday. Had a hell of a time getting the label to print. It finally did work after about 8 tries...but I ended up having to print it directly from paypal rather than through the ebay tool.

8. SpooPoker

^ Update - I got paid from someone from Russia this morning, generated a label without flaw. That email could have been BS.

9. suited

suited Senior member

This was definitely worth it. I bought this program before I listed my first lot of items, and it was definitely worth the 40 bucks. The only gripe I have is the HTML code for the border around the template is built into the template and can't be changed. For example, I wanted to insert the logo/image I made for my account and I could not place it outside of that border. One really cool thing is the ease in which you can copy and paste into garage sale. I searched eBay suit listings until I found a neat way to organize shipping/payment/policies information and copy and pasted that format into my garage sale template. I think I ended up changing the template a half dozen times before finalizing something last night that I will use from now going forward. It's a lot of fun to play with.

10. capnwes

capnwes Senior member

Got a link?? Would love to check out the results.

11. suited

suited Senior member

Could post a screen shot of it later when I am at home...I haven't listed anything with the newest template yet that I finalized last night (I will tomorrow, or this coming Sunday, waiting on new camera to come), but here is my logo:

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 17, 2012

12. grendel

grendel Senior member

All of my auctions for the last month or so have been GarageSale. I had to manually put in the code to open / close the Terms and Conditions text, though.

13. capnwes

capnwes Senior member

I like that, Suited! I need to rework mine soon, I've used it for a year or so, but have since changed the store name...which still encompasses the original name. When I sold collectables, my store was called "Something, Everything and More". I switched to menswear a little over a year ago and was never really happy with the name.
    Then one day I had the clever idea to call it "The S.E.A.M Store" which kinda ties it all in pretty well.

I drew it in AutoCAD.

[​IMG]

What camera did you go with? I am soon in the market for something a little better. Thinking about a Nikon D3100

Last edited: Oct 17, 2012

14. capnwes

capnwes Senior member

How does it work? I have looked into it a bit, but didn't really get a feel for it. Is it much faster than listing via my ebay templates? I'm always looking to save time, and I feel like I am missing out on something here.

15. suited

suited Senior member

Nice - I used Paint and some online image editor to make the logo. I just went with a point and shoot, a LUMIX ZS19 that was 20% off. I think it will be alright for my purposes with the right light and backdrop.