• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

hbkshin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It is clearly stated, by ebay, on each of my listings.

However, if there is the least bit of resistance, I just do a 100% refund. It's a simple check box in the return window. Also, if the item was $500 or something, I'm not charging them $50 to return it. Really just enough to cover my original free shipping.
I have the same thing but it's mostly just to deter try-on buys. I don't think I've ever done the restocking fee yet although I've only had 3 returns.

capnwes

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I have the same thing but it's mostly just to deter try-on buys. I don't think I've ever done the restocking fee yet although I've only had 3 returns.
As you can see above, 25 out of my last 26 returns were due to fit, hence a restocking fee.

Two weeks ago I had a return because a belt didn't fit properly. WTF?

Thought that was crazy....until this weekend I got a return because a tie bar doesn't fit. Lol

hooker4186

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah my restocking fee is just a deterrence measure, which has seemed to work ok, I've never actually withheld it.

suited

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

It is clearly stated, by ebay, on each of my listings.
However, if there is the least bit of resistance, I just do a 100% refund. It's a simple check box in the return window. Also, if the item was $500 or something, I'm not charging them $50 to return it. Really just enough to cover my original free shipping.
I see. Maybe us flat earthers will join you soon enough. I'd be interested in hearing why Spoo doesn't offer returns - I assume it's because he sells so many high-end women's items.

Last edited:

capnwes

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I see. Maybe us flat earthers will join you soon enough. I'd be interested in hearing why Spoo doesn't offer returns - I assume it's because he sells so many high-end women's items.
Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying anyone should or shouldn't offer returns. I do, mainly because ebay will force you too if the buyer wants to anyway. I'd rather the buyer return it easily because it doesn't fit (paying the 10% fee + return shipping) than lie and say it was not as described and have me pay everything....or worse, send back the item intentionally ruined like eazye's luggage.

Snoogz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

It is clearly stated, by ebay, on each of my listings. However, if there is the least bit of resistance, I just do a 100% refund. It's a simple check box in the return window. Also, if the item was $500 or something, I'm not charging them $50 to return it. Really just enough to cover my original free shipping.
One thing I've noticed during the hassle free return process is when you go to give a refund, you have no option to do partial sale or partial restock or partial shipping refund. Again, I've only done one and not had to worry about it, but would like to know what to do if you don't want to gouge someone with a 50$ restock fee, but still want to charge one for less.

Brianpore

B&S (BS) ambassador-in-chief
Reaction score
Thanks for all the info Wes.

Also, my point of view is coming from also having about 50% consignments at this point. It's one thing to take returns on your own items but another to start taking returns on consignments where you have already paid the consignor. Just putting it out there.

Ebay does make it easy and I'm sure most people would not take advantage of the return policy.

jebarne

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nice!

I'm pondering a new MacBook Pro since mine is now 3.5 years old (4/2010). It's a bit long in the tooth... It especially annoys me that I cannot stream content from it through my AppleTV, and that Photoshop takes forever to process 18mp files from my camera.
Its a good day for it since they just announced the new ones today.

The 13-inch version features a Haswell processor, while the 15-inch version comes equipped with a Crystal Well processor..

The 13" is up to 9 hours battery and the 15" is 8 hours. I've been waiting on this to pull the trigger myself.

Snoogz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Its a good day for it since they just announced the new ones today.

The 13-inch version features a Haswell processor, while the 15-inch version comes equipped with a Crystal Well processor..

The 13" is up to 9 hours battery and the 15" is 8 hours. I've been waiting on this to pull the trigger myself.

Can you shed some light on us as to what and how those processors work?
Im not really techy techy, but do enjoy the casual surface conversation.

jebarne

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Why not put flat rate box into poly bag. Ship first class. Avg cost under $3.....
teacha.gif
bumping to ask a question. Do you guys spring for USPS tracking when you go the 1st class route?

jebarne

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Can you shed some light on us as to what and how those processors work?
Im not really techy techy, but do enjoy the casual surface conversation.
don't know that I'm the best guy to do that, but the haswells run about 10-15% faster than the ivy bridge which runs about 20% faster than mine. Plus, they're integrating the latest graphics processing, the iris that some have claimed is like 90% more processing than the previous generation (I'm always skeptical of %%%%). All of this extra power and still it consumes less power. In the OS, they've implemented compressed memory which will means you won't have the shuffling and slow down while things are moved in and out of memory, plus because the iris is so much more powerful, they're moving cpu tasks over to the graphics processor.

Add to that, 802.11 AC which gives you gigabit wireless, thunderbolt 2.0 which is screaming fast, an onboard 1080p video camera built in it starts to get impressive. They also went to the latest flash storage, 1600 mhz memory, its now under 3/4" thick, weighs less than 3.5 pounds and gets you an extra hour of battery. the best screen on the planet.

all for $200 less than the model you would have bought yesterday.

already on my list for christmas.

jebarne

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
"spring for"....it's free if you ship online though ebay.

Shipping 101 - Do not ship a package without a tracking number
ah, when I priced it out it was adding .90. for the difference I just mailed the box for 5.25.

but, it was late. I could have read it wrong.

jb

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score

What you paid is irrelevant. I am pissed for you. I suppose that should be my feedback for every single transaction I have ever done.

I'd reply that that's the whole effing point of having an Ebay store. Sorry for the loss... Chalk it up as a lesson learned.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 100 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 36 12.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads