Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by HansderHund, Jul 27, 2012.

1. capnwes

capnwes Senior member

That is the reason.

I have several buyers tell me they shop with me because I do NOT use the GSP.

2. hooker4186

hooker4186 Senior member

Weird. I recently have given GSP a go and of my last round of auctions 5 of 12 sales were international which is well above my normal.

Does negative feedback for shipping costs qualify for removal under the new policies?

3. capnwes

capnwes Senior member

Quote: I think that would qualify. If they are charging too much for shipping, that's their issue.

Last edited: Aug 7, 2013

4. Salad

Salad Senior member

I made a purchase a few days ago and the seller turned around and said he no longer had the item. Turns out, I was having buyer's remorse so I said cool, send me a refund which he promptly did. Now Paypal is holding my refund for "3-5 days". I've never had that happen before. Is this new? I always pay via my bank acct. and keep zero balance at Paypal and I've always been refunded in the past w/out a hold. It's basically too much to deal with now. I don't want to be dealing with this crap anymore but I find more and more non-ebay online retailers exclusively using PP. Sucks.

5. capnwes

capnwes Senior member

The seller may not have had enough in his account to cover the refund and the money would then have to be transferred from his bank account.

6. dexconstruct

dexconstruct Senior member

Sold a NWT Dior Homme skinny tie. Mentioned that it was skinny and 2 inches wide multiple times in the listing and the title. Now the buyer wants to return it because it doesn't fit. [​IMG]

It's a tie you dummy it fits everyone.

7. capnwes

capnwes Senior member

Lol, how long was it?

That's what she said.

8. chiron

chiron Senior member

9. jebarne

jebarne Senior member

Can you pan back and provide a photo of your set up?

10. Snoogz

Snoogz Senior member

So my HP Inkjet printer gave out after a couple years of using it heavily...

What would you guys recommend in terms of using a printer for the majority of prints going to shipping labels amongst the casual faxing/coping/printing.
    I dont need a color option, but do need an all in 1 because of the features listed above.

I'm leaning towards a laser printer only due to not having to deal with inkjet cartridges anymore, but rather a plain black toner cartridge. I like the fact that the toner wont dry, plus the ease of not having to worry about anymore color cartridges are a +.

Thoughts?

11. GMMcL

GMMcL Senior member

I have a Brother MFC 495. I'm sure they don't make it anymore. I've had it for several years and the thing is an absolute champ. Easily one of the only technology purchases I've ever made that I literally never regretted. If I had one complaint, it doesn't play well with my wife's iPad; the printing interface is an app and it's a bit balky. But otherwise it's awesome.

12. Snoogz

Snoogz Senior member

Awesome! Sounds very similar to how my father feels about the Brother Laser Printer he uses! I'm troubled between a Brother and an HP, only due to the fact that I really enjoy the efax & eprint of an HP with my printer having its dedicated email address to access anywhere remotely. This will be my first Laser printer purchase, and I do want to make sure its worth while and efficient for eBay.

GMMcL, how have the toner replacements been for you? Have you replaced them with OEM only, or have you gone refurb? Prices? Last while?

13. capnwes

capnwes Senior member

I looked into the laser option a couple printers ago. The cost of the toner was about the same as a new inkjet. I buy an new printer about once every 2 years. The first HP I had lasted about 5 years and when I complained about it not lasting very long, the sales guy about fell on the floor when I told him the print count. He told me they are only supposed to last about a year.

14. stevent

stevent Senior member

Yeah I have a brother I bought for printing labels mostly. Not sure which model but it was $99 (half off at best buy) and its been perfect. Used a lot better printers before but value wise it's by far the best. Quick printing and fully wireless and easy to set up

15. sn0wman

sn0wman Senior member

A buyer just opened a case because he didn't receive a suit I sent him.

Tracking number says it was delivered 2 days after I shipped it.

Printed the shipping label from ebay and my receipt matches the confirmed paypal address and tracking number.

Just put all that into the tool.. Hope the ebay winds blow my way..