Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by HansderHund, Jul 27, 2012.

1. capnwes

capnwes Senior member

You should win the claim, but you should do your best to assist.

Some things to consider for claims like this.

Does the buyer live in an apartment? If so, most apartment buildings have a large parcel mail box. Many times the package is in there and they never got notified by the carrier.

I always suggest they try to contact the carrier. Usually they will remember their specific deliveries if you get a hold of them before too much time passes.

I had a similar case two days ago. Buyer cooperated, contacted the mail carrier. Contacted the post office. Package was delivered today....two days after it was scanned as delivered. Kicker is...He lived directly across the street form the P.O.

Last edited: Aug 7, 2013

2. GMMcL

GMMcL Senior member

The toner that came with the printer is the last OEM toner I've ever used. I bought non-name brand from Amazon. First traunche went really fast. The ones I'm on now seem to be holding up pretty well. Don't recall the seller, though. I just buy the lowest price ones. Oh, and the pricing is pretty good. I don't recall what I paid, but I just found a 12 pack on there for $7. That's pretty cheap.

3. sn0wman

sn0wman Senior member

Good thought. I just added somethings similar to my response.
    Thanks!

4. txwoodworker

txwoodworker Senior member

LASER!
    I have a couple Brothers (edit - BROTHER LASER PRINTERS) at the office, not a fan of the interface, but have no problems. Use that HP4 tank I mentioned before for all my labels at home. Epson color laser at home for everything else. All lasers, haven't used an inkjet for years now. If it's going to be dedicated to labels, get a black only Laser, much faster (generally) and many fewer moving parts.

5. txwoodworker

txwoodworker Senior member

You can't print a shipping label because we're performing maintenance. Please try again after 3:00 AM Pacific Daylight Time.
    [​IMG]

6. TheNeedMachine

TheNeedMachine Senior member

Upgraded lights and mannequin are paying off - had a Burberry blazer listed BINOBO for $74 with some watchers but ended with no bites. Got the lights & mannequin, re-shot and re-listed the same blazer, sold BIN for $97. Sold another blazer that I'd listed numerous times with no interest before - sold BIN pretty quick with the new setup. Have to attribute both to the lights and mannequin - just looked 10x better. Anyone considering an upgrade who has not done so, do eet! It will quite literally pay for itself over time.

Good tips on the laser printer - might go that route when this HP inkjet gives out; in my estimation it will be soon since I just bought new inks (that's how it works for me - buy new inks, the printer breaks, so you buy a new one that uses the same cartridges - lather, rinse, repeat).

7. jebarne

jebarne Senior member

nice. as a buyer, great images bring me back to a seller. It implies a level of care and consistency that you don't get from the random seller.

8. capnwes

capnwes Senior member

9. Shoeluv

Shoeluv Senior member

10. marc roberto

marc roberto Senior member

Last edited: Aug 8, 2013

11. Snoogz

Snoogz Senior member

12. suited

suited Senior member

Let's say you have a nice suit whose jacket could easily pass as a sport coat. The pants are damaged, maybe a small hole, but still wearable. Are you sometimes better off selling the jacket as a blazer and not including the pants at all? I think there's some merit in the idea that a suit that has damaged detailed in the auction could sell for less than the jacket itself, assuming the jacket is a pattern that makes for a nice blazer.

13. TheNeedMachine

TheNeedMachine Senior member

I have seen suit listings that included damaged trousers (listed that way on purpose), with the intention that a buyer could attempt to have them repaired OR it would help them to find a very close/exact match fabric to have new trousers made.
    If it's a desirable suit, maybe look into the cost of having the pants repaired before you list it, if it won't be obvious.
    Or if you're like me, just list it as a sport coat if it could pass as such.

14. marc roberto

marc roberto Senior member