• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

capnwes

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
You should win the claim, but you should do your best to assist.

Some things to consider for claims like this.

Does the buyer live in an apartment? If so, most apartment buildings have a large parcel mail box. Many times the package is in there and they never got notified by the carrier.

I always suggest they try to contact the carrier. Usually they will remember their specific deliveries if you get a hold of them before too much time passes.

I had a similar case two days ago. Buyer cooperated, contacted the mail carrier. Contacted the post office. Package was delivered today....two days after it was scanned as delivered. Kicker is...He lived directly across the street form the P.O.

Last edited:

GMMcL

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Awesome! Sounds very similar to how my father feels about the Brother Laser Printer he uses!  I'm troubled between a Brother and an HP, only due to the fact that I really enjoy the efax & eprint of an HP with my printer having its dedicated email address to access anywhere remotely.  This will be my first Laser printer purchase, and I do want to make sure its worth while and efficient for eBay.

GMMcL, how have the toner replacements been for you? Have you replaced them with OEM only, or have you gone refurb?  Prices? Last while?

The toner that came with the printer is the last OEM toner I've ever used. I bought non-name brand from Amazon. First traunche went really fast. The ones I'm on now seem to be holding up pretty well. Don't recall the seller, though. I just buy the lowest price ones. Oh, and the pricing is pretty good. I don't recall what I paid, but I just found a 12 pack on there for $7. That's pretty cheap.

Last edited:

sn0wman

Reaction score
You should win the claim, but you should do your best to assist.

Some things to consider for claims like this.

Does the buyer live in an apartment? If so, most apartment buildings have a large parcel mail box. Many times the package is in there and they never got notified by the carrier.

I always suggest they try to contact the carrier. Usually they will remember their specific deliveries if you get a hold of them before too much time passes.

I had a similar case two days ago. Buyer cooperated, contacted the mail carrier. Contacted the post office. Package was delivered today....two days after it was scanned as delivered. Kicker is...He lived directly across the street form the P.O.

Good thought. I just added somethings similar to my response.
Thanks!

txwoodworker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So my HP Inkjet printer gave out after a couple years of using it heavily...

What would you guys recommend in terms of using a printer for the majority of prints going to shipping labels amongst the casual faxing/coping/printing.
I dont need a color option, but do need an all in 1 because of the features listed above.

I'm leaning towards a laser printer only due to not having to deal with inkjet cartridges anymore, but rather a plain black toner cartridge. I like the fact that the toner wont dry, plus the ease of not having to worry about anymore color cartridges are a +.

Thoughts?
LASER!
I have a couple Brothers (edit - BROTHER LASER PRINTERS) at the office, not a fan of the interface, but have no problems. Use that HP4 tank I mentioned before for all my labels at home. Epson color laser at home for everything else. All lasers, haven't used an inkjet for years now. If it's going to be dedicated to labels, get a black only Laser, much faster (generally) and many fewer moving parts.

Last edited:

txwoodworker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You can't print a shipping label because we're performing maintenance. Please try again after 3:00 AM Pacific Daylight Time.

TheNeedMachine

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Upgraded lights and mannequin are paying off - had a Burberry blazer listed BINOBO for $74 with some watchers but ended with no bites. Got the lights & mannequin, re-shot and re-listed the same blazer, sold BIN for $97. Sold another blazer that I'd listed numerous times with no interest before - sold BIN pretty quick with the new setup. Have to attribute both to the lights and mannequin - just looked 10x better. Anyone considering an upgrade who has not done so, do eet! It will quite literally pay for itself over time.

Good tips on the laser printer - might go that route when this HP inkjet gives out; in my estimation it will be soon since I just bought new inks (that's how it works for me - buy new inks, the printer breaks, so you buy a new one that uses the same cartridges - lather, rinse, repeat).

jebarne

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Upgraded lights and mannequin are paying off - had a Burberry blazer listed BINOBO for $74 with some watchers but ended with no bites. Got the lights & mannequin, re-shot and re-listed the same blazer, sold BIN for $97. Sold another blazer that I'd listed numerous times with no interest before - sold BIN pretty quick with the new setup. Have to attribute both to the lights and mannequin - just looked 10x better. Anyone considering an upgrade who has not done so, do eet! It will quite literally pay for itself over time.

Good tips on the laser printer - might go that route when this HP inkjet gives out; in my estimation it will be soon since I just bought new inks (that's how it works for me - buy new inks, the printer breaks, so you buy a new one that uses the same cartridges - lather, rinse, repeat).

nice. as a buyer, great images bring me back to a seller. It implies a level of care and consistency that you don't get from the random seller.

Brianpore

B&S (BS) ambassador-in-chief
Reaction score
UGLY RETRO DISCO MOD MENS BLAZER SIZE 36 SHORT JACKET THREE BUTTON UNUSUAL STYLE

Not sure this is the best way to start a title ..... UGLY
lol8[1].gif

marc roberto

Reaction score
Last edited:

Snoogz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

suited

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Let's say you have a nice suit whose jacket could easily pass as a sport coat. The pants are damaged, maybe a small hole, but still wearable. Are you sometimes better off selling the jacket as a blazer and not including the pants at all? I think there's some merit in the idea that a suit that has damaged detailed in the auction could sell for less than the jacket itself, assuming the jacket is a pattern that makes for a nice blazer.

TheNeedMachine

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Let's say you have a nice suit whose jacket could easily pass as a sport coat. The pants are damaged, maybe a small hole, but still wearable. Are you sometimes better off selling the jacket as a blazer and not including the pants at all? I think there's some merit in the idea that a suit that has damaged detailed in the auction could sell for less than the jacket itself, assuming the jacket is a pattern that makes for a nice blazer.

I have seen suit listings that included damaged trousers (listed that way on purpose), with the intention that a buyer could attempt to have them repaired OR it would help them to find a very close/exact match fabric to have new trousers made.
If it's a desirable suit, maybe look into the cost of having the pants repaired before you list it, if it won't be obvious.
Or if you're like me, just list it as a sport coat if it could pass as such.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads