• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Brianpore

B&S (BS) ambassador-in-chief
Reaction score
Quote: No idea what your talking about
dozingoff.gif

I did a gif of how I ship ties before, can't find it now, but will look harder for it. I have never had a complait and had many of compliments on my shipping method.

Basically:

• Fold it in thirds, but make sure the fat end is folded in first so the tip does not get creased
  • Wrap it in tissue paper so no pulls
  • Put it in a bad to water proof it - choose whatever kind of bad you want that it fits in without bending or creasing
  • Put is in a more ridgid envelope type thing - your choice what you want to use, between 2 pieces of cardboard would work also.
  • Put in another bag (this step is optional)
  • Put in a white thing plastic security mailer envelope (which I use to ship everything that goes 1st class mail)

VLSI

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score

No idea what your talking about :dozingoff:

I can't tell if you're being sarcastic?

I did a gif of how I ship ties before, can't find it now, but will look harder for it. I have never had a complait and had many of compliments on my shipping method.

:nodding:

(if you didn't want that posted, just let me know)

HansderHund

Distinguished Member
Staff member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score

[COLOR=0000CD]My linen shirts and sport coats are still selling very well, but the basic short sleeve cotton shirt seems to be stalled. BTW, I have sold about five BR linen sport coats this past month. They have sold between $24 and $40 plus $12.90 for shipping. Seems that I have a difficult time selling high end Italian jackets for much more.  I have sold four sweaters this week, which may be signaling the start of the new season. One of the sweaters, a heavy wool one sold to Brazil(?) So not sure that is part of the seasonal flux since it is winter there, or as much as winter that it can be. . .  [/COLOR]

I know what you mean. I just sold a linen sport coat and there is interest in my other linen stuff, it just isn't selling like it was in May. Same with sunglasses. At the same time, I don't see a lot of views on the few fall items that I've listed. I guess that just means we're in between seasons and that a month will change the ballgame quite a bit. It's hard for retailers at this time of the year when they are trying to push summer stuff out the door and get people into a fall mindset. They really push "back to school" to drive people in the right direction.

HansderHund

Distinguished Member
Staff member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
I just noticed that ebay.de and ebay.com isn't allowing me to filter my searches with "new without tags." Are people not allowed to list items under this category anymore?

Calder

Reaction score
When buying, never under-estimate the ability of users to make spelling mistakes. I've picked up several nice pairs of "Brouge" shoes quite cheap, for example.

When selling, remember that a high-quality picture is worth a thousand words

hmmurdock

Reaction score
30 minutes of my life have been wasted with eBay customer service....transferred about eight times....but my only negative feedback has sucessfully been removed.

:slayer:

Brianpore

B&S (BS) ambassador-in-chief
Reaction score
30 minutes of my life have been wasted with eBay customer service....transferred about eight times....but my only negative feedback has sucessfully been removed.

icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
100% don't count that wasted then
fistbump.gif
I'd take 30 = remove one neg feedback every time, hell I'd spend an hour on the phone if I could have gotten it removed. What was your "reason"?

concealed

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
When buying, never under-estimate the ability of users to make spelling mistakes. I've picked up several nice pairs of "Brouge" shoes quite cheap, for example.

When selling, remember that a high-quality picture is worth a thousand words

Zenga Suits, Vinyard Vines ties used to be $, but now the "Brands" tab on item specifics page kinda kills that

Calder

Reaction score
Zenga Suits, Vinyard Vines ties used to be $, but now the "Brands" tab on item specifics page kinda kills that
The "Brands" field is a two edged sword for stupid sellers though.

I'm watching a coat at the minute... the label pics say Aquascutum, the description says Aquascutum... but the item specifics doesn't have it, and nor does the title of the sale!

So anyone searching for it by brand or name won't find it. But I spotted it. And I have no concerns over taking advantage of stupid people.

goneAWOL

Reaction score
I have a seller that I follow that buys his clothing from one of the highest end men's stores in NYC, and he has absolutely no idea what the brands are that he buys. He consistently lists his items under the "store name" rather than the brands, and I completely take advantage of it.

hmmurdock

Reaction score

100% don't count that wasted then :fistbump: I'd take 30 = remove one neg feedback every time, hell I'd spend an hour on the phone if I could have gotten it removed. What was your "reason"?

I had eBay emails from the buyer (who left neg feedback without talking to me first) stating he had misread the listing and asking to send him feedback revision request. The buyer never followed up with the feedback request. Had to go through three reps before they took it off. One rep clearly had no idea what she was doing and asked me to contact the buyer and have them call eBay to get it removed even though she was looking at the emails.

FaceOfBoh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This is a little off topic but since it's going on ebay I thought I'd start here.
This is from a Boss suit I picked up. I'll included measurements of course but what the hell size is this tagged?
What is "102"? Being Canadian I'm inclined to think that this is 102 cm which equals 40.25 inches.
Thoughts?

file-27.jpg

HansderHund

Distinguished Member
Staff member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score

This is a little off topic but since it's going on ebay I thought I'd start here.
This is from a Boss suit I picked up. I'll included measurements of course but what the hell size is this tagged?
What is "102"? Being Canadian I'm inclined to think that this is 102 cm which equals 40.25 inches.
Thoughts?
file-27.jpg

You'll also see these types of sizes in pants. I believe you would call it a "long" (slim?). Here is a quick table I found that might be able to explain it better than I can.

http://www.rucksackshop.com/en/kleidergroessen

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads