• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Brooks Brothers windbreaker-type jacket

Loose On The Lead

Reaction score
I need a functional, light jacket, it's convenient and pleasant for me to shop at Brooks Brothers, and their stuff seems to work for me. So...I'm thinking about purchasing one of the following:

Country Club Three-Quarter Length Golf Jacket
Country Club Golf Jacket

The descriptions aren't the greatest. Both jackets could be described as three-quarter golf jackets. One is navy microfiber, while the other is a somewhat more grayish nylon. The former is probably a better color for me, but I don't have much experience with microfiber.

Note: I don't play golf.
smile.gif

Thanks!

mulansauce

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Neither do I.

Do you have a question?

If you like the former, I would suggest you go with that--no need to fear microfiber. There are rumors that it can cause yeast infections, but I think you will be safe.

Loose On The Lead

Reaction score
Originally Posted by mulansauce
Do you have a question?
Oops. Forgot that part. I'm just looking for general input on the jackets. I'm vision-impaired, so it's sometimes hard for me to formulate independent opinions of my own...um, with respect to clothing, I mean.

mulansauce

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Do you have a BB near you? I would recomend stopping in to see the jacket so you can feel the fabric and get a better look at the color. If not, then just list more details about what you are in the market for (color, brands, material, etc) and where you are located and people could suggest similar options that you could check out in person.

Loose On The Lead

Reaction score
Originally Posted by mulansauce
Do you have a BB near you?
Yes, which is a big reason I like buying clothes from them.

I would recomend stopping in to see the jacket so you can feel the fabric and get a better look at the color.
Agreed. Ideally, I'd want to bring a few guys into the store with me to help with the evaluations, but since that's not possible, I figure that posting here is the next best thing.

If not, then just list more details about what you are in the market for (color, brands, material, etc) and where you are located and people could suggest similar options that you could check out in person.
I want a spring/fall jacket for when my winter overcoat is too warm. I want something wrinkle-resistant to the point where I can tie it around my waist, if necessary, and not have the jacket look too rumpled afterward. Water resistance is also a good thing, although I don't need the jacket to be a raincoat. Jewel colors, slightly darker or muted (but only slightly), look good on me, as does a true (i.e., not grayish) navy.

One or both of the BB jackets probably fit my needs pretty well. How do they look, though? I used to have a girlfriend who'd complain that BB outerwear often looked kind of stodgy to her, but then again, (a) she was 23 or 24 and (b) I'm now 42, so it's probably okay for me to allow a bit of stodginess to creep into my wardrobe over time.
smile.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads