• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Bribing the Waiter

B^2

Reaction score
if the waiter doesnt flat out ask you if you'd like a beverage, ask him what he recommends, chances are it will be something mid range and will open the door. I've definitely served kids I knew weren't 21 but they were chill and I knew they were going to drink a lot. Like other people said, dress up and at a 40+ entree type place you shouldn't worry about it. You can even make up some bullshit excuse when you call for the anniversary like it's your anniversary and you want them to bring you some champagne to celebrate. Chances are if you pull a move like that they aren't going to think twice. I'm sure your gf will be impressed regardless if you drink.

robertorex

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Depending on where you live, $50 can go a long way towards a fake. Why not just get one of those instead?

BrianVarick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by CrazyJew
As a waiter, the only time I ever ask for an ID is if you look under around 25. At that point, if you hand me a rectangular card that is at least laminated, I just give it back to you and serve you alcohol. I don't give a **** what country it's from or whether it's fake or not. I mostly do this so I don't get fucked by an undercover cop (which does happen in restaurants), and even if he does try to **** me still if I didn't card, I can say "oh well you looked over 30 and that's my restaurant's policy."

ON THE OTHER HAND, if some kid tried to bribe me to serve him alcohol, I would outright say **** no, and probably get someone else to serve him. Either it's an undercover cop trying to entrap me or the kid isn't worth my time and patience, so I'd get someone else to serve them. Not worth my service, whether or not the "bribe" is left underneath a water glass lol.

So how expensive is your restaurant, because it doesn't sound very classy.

CrazyJ

Reaction score
Originally Posted by BrianVarick

It's one of those places where you eat steak and throw peanuts on the floor.
laugh.gif

HgaleK

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by CrazyJew
It's one of those places where you eat steak and throw peanuts on the floor.
laugh.gif

Texas roadhouse?
laugh.gif

So- quick summary:

-Don't try to bribe the waiter under any circumstances
-If you're offered, go for it. The worst that can happen is you say that you forgot your ID
-If you're not offered, but feel like it, go for it. See above for consequences.
-Buy a fake (being taken care of already)

SF has, once again, been more useful than the rest of the internet. I will report back tonight with results.

HgaleK

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Was asked if I'd like anything to drink, said yes, got it.

eh.gif

Another New Yorker

Reaction score
Originally Posted by robertorex
Depending on where you live, $50 can go a long way towards a fake. Why not just get one of those instead?

Well. Where I live double that and shoot me a PM. (I have posted this in multiple threads. I hope the meaning is clear)

deadly7

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Another New Yorker
Well. Where I live double that and shoot me a PM. (I have posted this in multiple threads. I hope the meaning is clear)

Where do you live????????
eh.gif

johnkav

Reaction score
Originally Posted by BrianVarick
Exactly what I was thinking!! I have never been carded at a $40+ entrÃ
00a9.png
e restaurant. Probably because I applied the same common sense advice people have given already. Dressed well, not acting like a tool, having nice manners etc. I'm not sure what the situation is in Austin where you live but going out at this age is very common in NYC and I rarely hear of anybody getting carded at such establishments. Glad it worked out for you anyway

deadly7

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My username seems to give it away.

I assure you it was sarcasm. I would have assumed that the exorbitant amount of question marks would have given it away.

Monaco

Reaction score
I worked at a 5 star restaurant before and they required us to card everybody, unless we forgot (which was rare). Alcohol is good money for a restaurant especially if the patrons always order wine, losing a liquor license because of not carding a minor is very stupid, professional restaurants don't allow it but if a server chooses not to because of a bribe, it is easy money for a decision that won't get noticed.

A hotel employee allowed a minor to drink alcohol, she got drunk and crashed her car, several people sued the hotel for allowing this to happen + not being able to sell alcohol the hotel basically failed.

JayJay

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
^^^I've seen people carded in multiple-star restaurants, not a lot, but it does happen in some of them.

AgentQ

Reaction score
If she's already your girlfriend you don't need to impress. If it's not a first date than, a) does it matter that you drink wine? and b) are you honestly going to be that embarrassed by saying "no I don't have ID" and not getting it? It's not like your girlfriend's going to think "wow you're immature."

perhaps he bought his girlfriend on the internet?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads