• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear)

ImTheGroom

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I find if I only wear my best combinations, I get tired of them, and then they don't feel as good when I wear them. So, I try to mix things up, and try out things that are a little more challenging. What about this - or with the other pink shirt:

minimalist89

Reaction score
I need some recommendations on leather shoe conditioners and polishes for 4 casual shoes/boots I want to repair.

These aren't fancy brogues but casual shoes that I believe have some life left.

Everyone seems to have they're preference. I've heard people love venetian shoe cream, lexol, Obenauf. I've used a black kiwi wax on the BB boots but they're beginning to crack on top because of so much wear this past winter.

1. J Crew Boots

2. Brooks Brothers Boots

3. LL Bean Signature Oxfords

4. Doc Martens 1461 3-eye low-top(not pictures because they're currently being fixed at my shoe repairmen).

ridethecliche

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Loake's Cannon shoe is part of their 1880 line, which is made in England and their highest quality line.
A lot people do compare it to Allen Edmonds, some say the 1880 line is the English counterpart.

The Cannon is on the capital last, which according to Pediwear is true to size.

https://www.pediwear.co.uk/newsitem/60.php

Thanks!

I ended up ordering a 7.5 and I wear an 8E or 8.5D in AE PA's which run a hair long. Should work out!

They were 175 on gilt!

ImTheGroom

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

We have different points of view, though I can understand yours, having made similar mistakes. I've learned from experience that it's better to do a few things well than a lot of things poorly.

I agree, when the setting demands getting it absolutely right. However, just going to church is an ok time to be a few strokes of the pace. Risking failure is also a much faster way to learn anything.

gringodaddy

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
It's also a way to end up looking like **** when you could've looked great. none of your options look like epic wins (not to be a dick, I can appreciate having limited options due to finances, etc). Wear what makes you happy of course. Since you've come here and asked though I thought I'd share my thoughts.

ImTheGroom

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

It's also a way to end up looking like **** when you could've looked great. none of your options look like epic wins (not to be a dick, I can appreciate having limited options due to finances, etc). Wear what makes you happy of course. Since you've come here and asked though I thought I'd share my thoughts.

And I appreciate them. I'm not arguing; just discussing. I think the best combination with that suit is a white shirt, and one of the burgundy/blue ties, and I would certainly go that direction for an interview, or a meeting, wedding, etc.

El Argentino

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
XPost:

First-hand opinions on the comparative slimness of CT Extra Slim Fit vs. BB ESF? I see measurement charts assembled on 3rd party sites that would list the CTs in this comparison as slimmer, but wondering if anyone could speak more directly to the question. Which brand's ESF in a 16/35 will be slimmer?

FWIW, I take 16/35 in BBESF just fine. Up to now had only tried CT Slim fit, which were good, but still a bit of volume in the trunk - however, the measurement charts put the CT ESF as almost 4 inches smaller in the waist than ESF and wondered if that was true or just e-measurements being e-measurements.

Feryll

Reaction score
If I don't want to tie the belt of my trench on the front which is the more appropriate way to wear it : to tie it on the back or to tuck it into the front pockets ? I would naturally tuck it into the front pockets but my trench has closed pockets so they need to be opened if I want to wear it that way.

Last edited:

Kid Nickels

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
anyone on here big into cigars? what's the best thread in your opinion? got a humidor question.

DjangoV

Reaction score

I loop my belt in the back if I want it out of the way.

+1

anyone on here big into cigars? what's the best thread in your opinion? got a humidor question.

I am quite big into cigars ;) There is a thread simply named cigars here, which is about the only thread for cigars I read on this forum.

Last edited:

Midnight

Reaction score

XPost:

First-hand opinions on the comparative slimness of CT Extra Slim Fit vs. BB ESF? I see measurement charts assembled on 3rd party sites that would list the CTs in this comparison as slimmer, but wondering if anyone could speak more directly to the question. Which brand's ESF in a 16/35 will be slimmer?

FWIW, I take 16/35 in BBESF just fine. Up to now had only tried CT Slim fit, which were good, but still a bit of volume in the trunk - however, the measurement charts put the CT ESF as almost 4 inches smaller in the waist than ESF and wondered if that was true or just e-measurements being e-measurements.

I think the measurements on the websites are correct and should be a good guide. I don't have a 16 inch collar handy, but I just took a BBESF 16.5 inch collar out of the cupboard and measured it. The waist is 45, just as the BB website says. I also just measured a CT ESF 16.5 collar. It's 42 on the waist, just as the website says.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.8%

Forum statistics

Threads