• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Asian Women Represent! Miss Japan crowned Miss Universe 2007!

amerikajinda

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ratboycom
Well, I think I should be counted in the 5% too.
done. see amended post above.
smile.gif

amerikajinda

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Nantucket Red
most of the foreign guys with a serious thing for Asian women (at least in Japan) are not the pick of the litter in terms of looks, and a vast majority have low-paying English teaching jobs. You have to pay to play with the most beautiful women and have style and substance into the bargain.

Very good point! So true...

amerikajinda

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by victory
I remember when my cousin came to visit me in Hawaii and showed me pictures of Kim Tae Hee for the first time. I thought she looked too plain. Hyori was much more my type. Since I've moved to Korea, I've realized that Kim Tae Hee is actually more of a "natural" beauty. Not to say that Hyori isn't pretty but my standards have changed. I would much rather go for someone who is pretty, even without makeup as opposed to someone who has to put on a bunch of makeup to look pretty/hot.
I totally hear you... "Natural" beauty, a la Kim Tae Hee, is so much preferable over a girl who puts on too much makeup and dresses like a slut. Congratulations on making the jump from "Triple L" (Lucy Liu Level) to this level:
df53f3e3200512300938231yp7.jpg
20060913171055111011948zp8.jpg
0507041919b5b9wq5.jpg
I love it when a girl is beautiful the moment she wakes up... no makeup, just wearing one of my Borrelli shirts, and still a perfect 10...

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
This thread is starting to creep me out a little.I guess we'll call it even for the handgun thread.

Where all the white women at?

Augusto86

Sean Penn's Mexican love child
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Tokyo Slim
This thread is starting to creep me out a little.I guess we'll call it even for the handgun thread.

Where all the white women at?

katebeck-int.jpg

scarlett%20jo.jpg

amerikajinda

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Nantucket Red

"Mr. Fashionista"
Reaction score
Originally Posted by iammatt
I guess that I am the only one that finds rooting on a country or race in the miss Universe pageant even weirder than overly personalizing one's attachment to a sports team.

When a non-Asian wins do you throw something at your television and yell "damnit, we were robbed!!!"?

Let's be sensible. I think we would praise the beauty of whatever kind of woman won, whatever her race and nationality. No race or nationality has a corner on the market for beauty.

amerikajinda

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by iammatt
I guess that I am the only one that finds rooting on a country or race in the miss Universe pageant even weirder than overly personalizing one's attachment to a sports team. When a non-Asian wins do you throw something at your television and yell "damnit, we were robbed!!!"?
Well it was exciting the Asians made such a strong showing this year as there simply weren't as many Asians as there were non-Asians in the field. (There were 7 Asians in this year's competition, out of a total field of 77, so Asians made up less than 10% of the field). I don't think it's weird at all to have your favorites that you root for -- I bet the Mexicans were rooting for Miss Mexico, the Indians were rooting for Miss India, the Swiss were rooting for Miss Switzerland, etc. The Asians more than held their own -- it was an Asian sweep this year, as Miss China was crowned Miss Congeniality, Miss Korea won Best National Costume, and Miss Thailand, Miss India and Miss Korea were all in the top 15. And of course Miss Japan was crowned Miss Universe (the first Asian to be crowned Miss Universe since 2000, when Miss India won). As the title of the thread stated, "Asian Women Represent!!!!!!!!!" Miss Mexico:
07missuniverse83uo46a15ad4.jpg
Miss India:
14missuniverse61bw86a39jc6.jpg
Miss Switzerland:
23missuniverse55ig76a60ca8.jpg
christarigozzi02a6cf3e8pc3.jpg

tiecollector

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by amerikajinda
Well it was exciting the Asians made such a strong showing this year as there simply weren't as many Asians as there were non-Asians. (There were 7 Asians in this year's competition, out of a total field of 77, so Asians made up less than 10% of the field). I don't think it's weird at all to have your favorites that you root for -- I bet the Mexicans were rooting for Miss Mexico, the Indians were rooting for Miss India, the Swiss were rooting for Miss Switzerland, etc.

So why aren't you rooting for Miss USA?

amerikajinda

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by tiecollector
So why aren't you rooting for Miss USA?
I turned into an egg when I was about 15 (due to my first girlfriend -- a Japanese foreign exchange student) and I haven't looked back since...

amerikajinda

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ok, so I know it's bad form to quote yourself and veer off-topic in the same post, but I just wanted to say that is this the perfect body or what?

christarigozzi026d12f9lf5.jpg

Joffrey

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I watched about 30 seconds of the pageant and must say I was only amazed by Miss India and Miss Angola. JApan and Korea were very pretty too but I felt in their case it was more due to make up and extensions (not that this isnt the case for all of them)

ratboycom

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by amerikajinda
Ok, so I know it's bad form to quote yourself and veer off-topic in the same post, but I just wanted to say that is this the perfect body or what?

[/I]

eh, she is ok, I think she has a good lookin body up to her chest, but personally I think her **** are too small and throw off the proportion of the rest of her body.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads