• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Asian Women Represent! Miss Japan crowned Miss Universe 2007!

amerikajinda

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ratboycom
eh, she is ok, I think she has a good lookin body up to her chest, but personally I think her **** are too small and throw off the proportion of the rest of her body.

You're right - if there was one area of improvement it would be to upgrade to a 34-C or 34-D from the current 34-B.

mrpologuy

Reaction score
Miss Tanzania had my heart racing. I thought she was the best looking one and let's face it, nobody ever talks about Tanzania.

Nantucket Red

"Mr. Fashionista"
Reaction score
eh, she is ok, I think she has a good lookin body up to her chest, but personally I think her **** are too small and throw off the proportion of the rest of her body.

Anyone who's such an aficionado of Japanese women doesn't really have much latitude to criticize other women for being insufficiently top-heavy.

ratboycom

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Nantucket Red
Anyone who's such an aficionado of Japanese women doesn't really have much latitude to criticize other women for being insufficiently top-heavy.

ahahahahahahah, I suppose you have a point. BUT my point is this girl is white and swiss none the less, she should be stacked. That and I was factoring in hight, she looks to be taller than most Asians by a fair amount.

.... well... that and I like girls like Aki Hoshino, Ayaka Komatsu, Jun Natsukawa
rimshot.gif

texas_jack

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by amerikajinda
This is an interesting phenomenon that unfortunately feeds into a stereotype... basically there's a correlation whereby the prettier the Asian girl, the more "Western" she will appear to the casual non-Asian observer. Unfortunately the reverse of this axiom by extension is that the more "exotic" or the more "Asian" a girl looks, the uglier she is... i.e., if she has small eyes with a single eyelid fold, she's not as pretty as an Asian girl with bigger eyes and a double eyelid fold (also known as the Palpebral fold or the Epicanthic fold). Or if she has a "round face" she's not as pretty as a girl who has a more oval-shaped face, etc. etc.

Miss Korea is, of course, 100% Korean, but the fact that some people see her or other beautiful pure Asians as looking kind of mixed should simply be interpreted to mean that they're very beautiful by universally recognized standards. I posted examples of extremely beautiful pure Asian women on the "overrated beauties" thread and other people posted that they thought they were mixed as well... so it's a common misperception in non-Asians.

There are tons of Asian girls who, in an attempt to be more beautiful, get plastic surgery to look more "Western". It's a huge industry!

So if you want to compliment a beautiful Asian girl, and really make her day, tell her she looks like she has some European heritage and that she looks very "white" to you, and then stand back and watch her beam!!!
laugh.gif

Here is another theory, people consider "white looking" asians to be the prettiest because white standards of beauty have been accepted all over the world. More asian looking women are less pretty because to be asian is ugly. Try that one on.

ratboycom

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by texas_jack
Here is another theory, people consider "white looking" asians to be the prettiest because white standards of beauty have been accepted all over the world. More asian looking women are less pretty because to be Asian is ugly. Try that one on.
I think there might be some truth in this, but like I have said many times before. I, personally, Love all womens of the world (or at least a few of each kind). As far as the whiteness goes, there are a few features that would be more beautiful when combined with their natural Asian looks. Although some Asians are born with more "white" features (like the double eyelid, or a taller nose bridge), and others still are jealous of a certain look. I know white women who are jealous of the natural beauty of many Asians and at the same time I know Japanese girls who modify themselves to look white, and exotic. I could go on longer about this, but I have homework to do... Also TJ did your odometer roll over or something?

Nantucket Red

"Mr. Fashionista"
Reaction score
Here is another theory, people consider "white looking" asians to be the prettiest because white standards of beauty have been accepted all over the world. More asian looking women are less pretty because to be asian is ugly. Try that one on.

I'm not buying it.

Also TJ did your odometer roll over or something?

Jack's post count is an object lesson in being careful what you wish for. (#528-530)

http://www.styleforum.net/showthread...=14636&page=36

amerikajinda

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
White standards of beauty have been accepted all over the world. More asian-looking women are less pretty because to be asian is ugly.

I understand that you're being facetious, but lest anyone gets the wrong idea, Asians are some of the most beautiful (and handsome) people in the world. Furthermore, they usually aren't fat like their Western counterparts. Nevertheless, Asian women continue to buy skin whitening creams like the one below in an attempt to "be more white"...

whiteningnr9.jpg

excerpt from the product's website:

"Don't just whiten your skin, whiten your life!

Our whitening cream provides maximum whitening for any type of Asian skin. It contains special Whitecules that go deep into your body to provide a full whitening experience. After just a few applications, you'll make Drew Barrymore look like Lucy Liu!

Possible side effects include:
» Sudden cravings for milk, cheese and beef
» Tendency to vote Republican
» Desire to watch hockey
» Inexplicable waves of guilt"

Skin Whitening Products:

http://yumeimise.com/store/index.php?cPath=59

http://www.xanga.com/digi_angel

chobochobo

Rubber Chicken
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
There is no way those two are the same person.

amerikajinda

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

whacked

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^^ Same as white women going the distance to get themselves a 'proper' tan. The grass is always greener on the other side of the fence, I suppose.

amerikajinda

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by whacked
^^ Same as white women going the distance to get themselves a 'proper' tan. The grass is always greener on the other side of the fence, I suppose.

That sums it up quite nicely... same goes for blepharoplasty.

http://www.asianeyelid.com/beforeafterphotos.html

http://www.beautifuleyes.com/cosmeti...an-korean.html

But this begs the question - why don't Whites get reverse-blepharoplasty if the grass is always greener on the other side?

If you'd like to know how blepharoplasty is performed, read this:

"The surgical technique consists of the following sequence of maneuvers: After adequate anesthesia is achieved, the lid is everted, and the tarsal plate is measured carefully with a calipers over the central, lateral, and medial portions. It is then transposed onto the skin side, which will constitute the new lid crease position. The lateral extent of the lid crease is made parallel or slightly higher than the central portion. Any excessive skin is marked out in an elliptical fashion. [Try] to stay within 8 mm from the lateral canthus. The skin removed usually does not exceed 3 mm. The epicanthal fold is left untouched in the majority of cases. A 2- to 3-mm strip of pretarsal orbicularis muscle below the level of the superior tarsal border is then excised. The upper edge is pulled up slightly with a fine skin retractor, exposing the orbital septum, and again 2 mm of it is excised at its point of fusion with the distal levator aponeurosis. Excessive fat is removed by careful clamping, cutting, electrocautery, and reinspection for bleeding points. Supratarsal fixation is then carried out by the use of nonabsorbable sutures. The author uses four 6-0 silk in an interrupted fashion, picking up the lower skin edge with small bites of the levator aponeurosis and then the upper skin edge; 6-0 nylon or polypropylene is used in those that tend to form hypertrophic scars and keloids. The rest of the closure consists of 7O silk or nylon in a running fashion, and the crease usually forms very nicely. Stitches are removed by the end of 5 days for silk and 7 days for polypropylene or nylon. Postoperative swelling and ecchymosis are usually confined to the pretarsal portion of the lid incision and will recover in 4 weeks when the vascular and lymphatic channels reestablish themselves. [Don't take] aspirin and anticoagulants for 2 weeks prior to and I week after the surgery. Diuretics and low-dose corticosteroids are seldom indicated postoperatively. The various methods described for excision of the epicanthal folds are all less than satisfactory as they create unsightly scars that cannot be easily hidden. The maneuver of transcribing the superior tarsal border onto the skin side for the lid crease incision will not result in an excessively high crease since the upper tarsus of most Asians measures between 6 and 8 mm. Potential complications include infection, hemorrhage, suture reaction, granuloma formation, secondary ptosis, lid retraction, and corneal exposure.

Suboptimal results include uneven lid creases, insufficient lid crease, insufficient excision of fat pads, redundant lid creases, lid creases that disappear with time, unsightly epicanthal scar, and lash ptosis. In certain patients, there may be rarefaction or Partial disinsertion of the levator aponeurosis, and this must be corrected accordingly."

NOTE TO SELF: DO NOT TRY THIS AT HOME!!
smile.gif

texas_jack

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I happen to find many asian women pretty, but the part about asians trying to look more white with the eye surgery and nose jobs comes from a lack of acceptance for asian traits. That is what I was alluding to in my above post. You don't see whites trying to look like asians nor do you see whites trying to look like black people.

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
I happen to find many asian women pretty, but the part about asians trying to look more white with the eye surgery and nose jobs comes from a lack of acceptance for asian traits. That is what I was alluding to in my above post. You don't see whites trying to look like asians nor do you see whites trying to look like black people.
Hmm... I dunno... what would you call excessive tanning white-dredlocks/braids, and to e certain extent - collagen lip implants? Or the wide adoption of "hip hop" and "urban" clothing amongst whites?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads