• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Arsante Luxury Leather briefcases

MrAlbers

Reaction score
Hi all, I have been lurking styleforum for about 2 years now without an account, but a couple of weeks ago I came across this brand called Arsante and I thought that I had to share my thoughts on it. Their bags have everything I need in a briefcase, with the slick and simple style and made to fit my laptop it was a no brainer to get one and test the quality myself. Well after using it now for some time I can't say that I find any flaws. The leather is soft to touch and I feel like a king walking down the street carrying it. Might even invest in their Travel bag!

I highly encourage you to check out their collection at www.arsante.com

IMG_7991.JPG
IMG_7993.JPG
IMG_7994.JPG

taxgenius

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What quality of leather are they using? Their website is silent.

taxgenius

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I would ask if it's full grain and vegetable tanned.

seferphier

Reaction score
This read likes an ad especially given that you just joined style forum yesterday. There is also an affiliate program which rewards promoters 20% of the purchase price: https://arsante.refersion.com/

The quality looks pretty good. But the stitching looks machine stitched rather than "handmade" as stated in the website.

MrAlbers

Reaction score
This read likes an ad especially given that you just joined style forum yesterday. There is also an affiliate program which rewards promoters 20% of the purchase price: https://arsante.refersion.com/

The quality looks pretty good. But the stitching looks machine stitched rather than "handmade" as stated in the website.

Hm.. I can assure you that I am not an affiliate. Just a guy trying to promote a brand that I feel is something I want to back up and give exposure to. I thought the bags would fit this forum. But hey, if it's not your style then I'm not trying to push it. Maybe I should join that affiliate program now though ;) I never saw that before. As for the stitching.. It looks legit to me!

seferphier

Reaction score
Hm.. I can assure you that I am not an affiliate. Just a guy trying to promote a brand that I feel is something I want to back up and give exposure to. I thought the bags would fit this forum. But hey, if it's not your style then I'm not trying to push it. Maybe I should join that affiliate program now though ;) I never saw that before. As for the stitching.. It looks legit to me!

Yep. Pretty sure that it's machine stitching. If it was hand stitched, the stitching would be on the outside rather than inside (see the bag edges). Nothing wrong with machine stitching as it is sometimes more reliable than handwork, just that their whole emphasis on handmade product seems deceptive.

I also expect that if it was full grain leather they would state it out since they even state the brand of the zippers. The leather looks good though.

starro

Reaction score
All signs point to the fact OP's is a promotional account for the brand. FWIW the bags look utterly mediocre to me.

MrAlbers

Reaction score
Yep. Pretty sure that it's machine stitching. If it was hand stitched, the stitching would be on the outside rather than inside (see the bag edges). Nothing wrong with machine stitching as it is sometimes more reliable than handwork, just that their whole emphasis on handmade product seems deceptive.

I also expect that if it was full grain leather they would state it out since they even state the brand of the zippers. The leather looks good though.

Since I bought one of their bags and then you say this to me threw me off a little. You seem to know your thing about briefcases.
However, I contacted them personally to find out whether it was handmade or not, and if the leather was actually full grain leather. Here's their response:
"Hi Mr Albers, thank you for your inquire.
All of our bags are totally made by hand in a very lovely small factory in Riga. It is owned by a lovely couple, she is an accountant and he is a leather industry professional. They have a girl who makes all the pre production samples herself from start to finish, and when the model is approved - then other ladies get to work. Small but still factory. Each lady gets to make only one thing. Some of them do gluing, others only cuts the leather and others just saw it together. Then there is a separate person with white gloves who puts the bags inside out - to the right side. The owner always puts in the paper or plastic bubble stuffing and also only he presses in the Arsante logo. Pressing in logo is a very responsible work because it is made with heated press and every peace of leather reacts to it in a bit different way so he knows what he is doing. Machine could make a bag from artificial leather but not so much from real one because every peace of leather is different. What we are saying is that yes, our leather is full-gran Italian bovine leather."

Truth or not, I can't help but to believe that what they are saying is true.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads