• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Anyone hiring?

kronik

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
And if so, what for, preferably in the DC area.

So, I had this thought; we have so many professionals here and it seems like we spend so much time communicating with each other. The sort of networking that would be useful in "the real world" occurs here constantly, and yet no one takes advantage of it.

For instance, I know that if I'm ever in a position to hire a male Irish-American Tina Turner impersonator, I don't have to look very far!

Who's with me?

j

(stands for Jerk)
Admin
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
I may be hiring for a low priced web nerd in the very near future, to take care of a few site projects that I suck at doing myself. I can do web stuff, but I hate it and I spend 70% of the time looking up how to do things and tweaking stuff forever. I'm hoping to find someone local so he can just come over and I can say "do this" and get it all done with a bunch of arm waving.

Matt

ex-m@Triate
Reaction score
i wouldnt run around calling the Turner Impersonator 'Irish', but good idea nonetheless
smile.gif
I know of at least one person sitting in Budapest whose first professional posting is a direct result of one of his forum buddies.

Reuters

Reaction score
Originally Posted by kronik
The sort of networking that would be useful in "the real world" occurs here constantly, and yet no one takes advantage of it.

I believe sellers here could be considered as utilizing the resources of this forum.

kronik

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Reuters, I would agree.

I doubt, however, that anyone is making a full-time job of selling on StyleForum. Those that do work full-time as vendors/resellers (STF, VCH, etc.) do not sell primarily on StyleForum but utilize it for advertising purposes.

Reuters

Reaction score
Originally Posted by kronik
Reuters, I would agree.

I doubt, however, that anyone is making a full-time job of selling on StyleForum. Those that do work full-time as vendors/resellers (STF, VCH, etc.) do not sell primarily on StyleForum but utilize it for advertising purposes.

Maybe not SF but I believe for ebay. I suppose SF do not clock enough purchases to sustain a full timer here.

Reuters

Reaction score
Anyone with insider news abt the market to share with me? Think along the Dow.
laugh.gif

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
I am in the position to offer a forklift driving job in a granite and marble slab warehouse. 8-5 M-F to the first semi-qualified, non-marsupialed person to apply. Closet alcoholics/drug users ok, as long as use is confined to the closet. (several are available on premises in case of crowding). Must have reliable transportation (Definition of "Reliable": Belts are shot/tires bald/no insurance/broken rearview mirror/ 2 hours late on the bus/ or a BMW 7 series)

Starting pay negotiable... or $12 an hour, whichever is cheaper.

Must be able to work well with ignorant minorities, wiggers, and interior designers. Seattle industrial area.

PM me if interested.

skalogre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Tokyo Slim
I am in the position to offer a forklift driving job in a granite and marble slab warehouse. 8-5 M-F to the first semi-qualified, non-marsupialed person to apply. Closet alcoholics/drug users ok, as long as use is confined to the closet. (several are available on premises in case of crowding). Must have reliable transportation (Definition of "Reliable": Belts are shot/tires bald/no insurance/broken rearview mirror/ 2 hours late on the bus/ or a BMW 7 series)

Starting pay negotiable... or $12 an hour, whichever is cheaper.

Must be able to work well with ignorant minorities, wiggers, and interior designers. Seattle industrial area.

PM me if interested.

Who the hell would want to work with people like that? I mean, come on! Interior designers?

biggrin.gif

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by skalogre
Who the hell would want to work with people like that? I mean, come on! Interior designers?

biggrin.gif

Out of the three types of people I listed, the interior designers are by far the hardest to deal with.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 31 11.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.3%

Staff online

Forum statistics