• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Status
Not open for further replies.

easy_golfing

Reaction score

I can't get excited about this sale. I think you can find some strands and other AE captoe styles for 30% off or so all day at Nordstrom rack. It has to be around 40% off or so before I even think about adding to my AE collection. What about that 2 for $300 deal at regular Nordies? That is something I'll get excited about.:nodding:

when is this?

PhiPsi32

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If the 5 last gives you a good fit, they really are great shoes. The shortwing design is a classic. The only decision is cordovan with a double sole or calf with a single...

The 5 last works well enough considering I have flat feet. I have the added advantage of being a "C" width. While it's not as easy to get as a "D", the narrow shoe looks pretty sleek. Paired with a tapered pant leg, I like the look.

CJG_NYC

Reaction score

If the 5 last gives you a good fit, they really are great shoes. The shortwing design is a classic. The only decision is cordovan with a double sole or calf with a single...

Yea the 5 has been really great on my foot. I can wear them all day really with no complaints (save for the PAs -- for some reason long walks in them start to hurt a bit...but only after really long walks)

Cordovan vs. Calf is killing me -- I'd love a pair of cordovan shoes and a cordovan short wing is definitely ideal! But, a good deal on the McAllisters might trump that notion.

Beatlegeuse

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I can't get excited about this sale. I think you can find some strands and other AE captoe styles for 30% off or so all day at Nordstrom rack. It has to be around 40% off or so before I even think about adding to my AE collection. What about that 2 for $300 deal at regular Nordies? That is something I'll get excited about.:nodding:

I doubt you'll ever find strands or park avenues at Nordstrom Rack. Only their unpopular models get there, with the exception of the elusive suede 5th aves

The Rack I used to go to had full size runs of walnut Strands (usually only D widths though) for $199 on a regular basis, but I never saw a pair of Park Ave or 5th Ave there.

Cold Iron

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I mentioned this a few weeks ago - I have and old better pair on Sheltons. I wanted to replace them as they appear too beat to recraft. I used them for inclimate weather. I was told my old pair was made with Cobblers's leather. My new pair came in with calf leather. I called the AE (2nd hand) SA and was told that Cobbler's leather was no longer used because of complaints about the leather. The complaints were that if they get a little scratch it would be hard to cover. I did notice this my old pair has some scratches on the black section that I'm unable to hide with polish.
Also my pair must be a very senior version a the toe area of the shoe sits lower (more flat). Yours seem to be shaped and look like my new pair other than yours being Cobbler's leather and mine being calf.

Another question please - its appears from your picture that the creases apperar to be lessed on the treated pair of shoes. Is that the case?

Yes the creases greatly were greatly reduced and scratches, most of them you can only see as hairline up close. I did them Sunday and wore them to work Monday. My manager came into my office and stood behind me while I showed him some things on the computer while I had my feet up on my side desk. He said good looking new shoes. He must have seen them 3-4 times a month for the last 4 years? If I would had known it was going to turn out so well I would have taken a before shot.

I actually did them twice. After I stripped and cleaned\conditioned them I put AE burgunday shoe cream on them. Only to discover that it had gone bad and didn't soak in but jelled on the surface. So I had to do the whole process over again. Have some AE burgundy shell cream that is still good and almost did that before the wax but was running out of time, was cooking on the grill while I was doing this. In a few months will redo the process correctly Renomat > Renovateur > cream > wax. The directions for Renomat say to let it sit 15 minutes but I was afraid to do it that long so I just rubbed in on and kept rubbing until the cloth didn't pick up any more color. I'm very pleased with the results.

tv2177

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Lastly, some Daltons for good measure:

They look stunning in person, there are too many shoes that i want for this up coming sale... :bounce2:

i really dig those brown daltons more than walnut daltons a lot more. i ma jump on it when they go on sale because they didn't have my size last time around.

Last edited:

New Shoes1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I doubt you'll ever find strands or park avenues at Nordstrom Rack. Only their unpopular models get there, with the exception of the elusive suede 5th aves

If you check in regularly, you will see everything there at one point or another. When someone returns their shoes after wearing outside, they get cleaned, refurbished and sent to the Rack to sell at a nice discounted price. I've seen AE's for $120 and last week a beautiful pair of $600 Santoni shoes for $233.

Cold Iron

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It's going to be $90 or 19.22% off on select style. Only models I know will be on sale as of right now are broadstreet, sanibel, finch, park ave cordovan, strawfut, Tampa, woodstock, carlsbad, new Orleans, eastport, & McAllister. Accessories and belts too, will report while when I get more info.

Over on AAAC someone had posted that it will only be the black shell Park Ave. that will be on sale, for ~$450 as several here have mentioned. And that the brown and burgundy ones will not be available until later at regular price. I do not know the validity of that statement. But after seeing those black shell Leeds bucksfan was wearing yesterday I am comfortable getting the black shell Park Ave. if they are the only ones available for the sale price.

Pei Hide

Reaction score
Just received my first pair of shoes from Allen Edmonds - a pair maple Strand. The shoes are beautifully make. However when I tried them on, there was something underneath the inner sole of the right shoe around the center. It hit against the bottom of my foot when I step on it. Did anyone have similar experience?

Last edited:

JubeiSpiegel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Just received my first pair of shoes from Allen Edmonds - a pair maple Strand. The shoes are beautifully make. However when I tried them on, there was something underneath the inner sole of the right shoe around the center. It hit against the bottom of my foot when I step on it. Does anyone have similar experience?

Leather insole should be smooth, I would exchange...

g.michael

Reaction score

Does anyone have a pair of the AE McGraws in Suede?
http://www.allenedmonds.com/aeonline/producti_SF8904_1_40000000001_-1
I'm seriously purchasing a pair, but I wanted to see what any current owners thought of them.

I took a pair home to confirm sizing for my cappucino shell order. I was really impressed with them and seriously thought about keeping them as i liked both the color and style.
I can wear 10.5C and 11B in most AE lasts but to avoid loafer heel slippage i went with 10.5C.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads