Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Mild Mannered, Sep 27, 2009.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zero neck

zero neck Well-Known Member

As far as the sale goes - i can't find any info on what shoes might be discounted. I've been googling periodically for news like every day...

2. JubeiSpiegel

JubeiSpiegel Senior member

It's going to be $90 or 19.22% off on select style. Only models I know will be on sale as of right now are broadstreet, sanibel, finch, park ave cordovan, strawfut, Tampa, woodstock, carlsbad, new Orleans, eastport, & McAllister. Accessories and belts too, will report while when I get more info.

3. mythage

mythage Senior member

+1 would also love some info!

4. Shiny

Shiny Senior member

I can't get excited about this sale. I think you can find some strands and other AE captoe styles for 30% off or so all day at Nordstrom rack. It has to be around 40% off or so before I even think about adding to my AE collection. What about that 2 for $300 deal at regular Nordies? That is something I'll get excited about.:nodding:

5. plei89

plei89 Senior member

I doubt you'll ever find strands or park avenues at Nordstrom Rack. Only their unpopular models get there, with the exception of the elusive suede 5th aves

6. JubeiSpiegel

JubeiSpiegel Senior member

Fair enough, I already have the usual subjects from Nordstrom, so I'm not looking for that sale. I am not sold on seconds yet, so I'm looking forward to this sale. That and the fact that my SA is willing to discount from whatever models I want, hehe... :D

7. zero neck

zero neck Well-Known Member

Thanks man i look forward to any info.

Would love to add a pair of strand, jefferson, or possibly mcallister to my collection.
    Possibly a walden also.

8. knezz

knezz Senior member

I mentioned this a few weeks ago - I have and old better pair on Sheltons. I wanted to replace them as they appear too beat to recraft. I used them for inclimate weather. I was told my old pair was made with Cobblers's leather. My new pair came in with calf leather. I called the AE (2nd hand) SA and was told that Cobbler's leather was no longer used because of complaints about the leather. The complaints were that if they get a little scratch it would be hard to cover. I did notice this my old pair has some scratches on the black section that I'm unable to hide with polish. Also my pair must be a very senior version a the toe area of the shoe sits lower (more flat). Yours seem to be shaped and look like my new pair other than yours being Cobbler's leather and mine being calf. Another question please - its appears from your picture that the creases apperar to be lessed on the treated pair of shoes. Is that the case?

9. Shiny

Shiny Senior member

I have not seen the PA's I'm pretty sure. For sure, I've seen the Hale, Hastings and the hinsdale. And, let's not forget the fairfax (in black and chili!). I don't even look at the loafers since they're not my thing. As far as them being seconds, I have not gone over them with a fine tooth comb, but they seem fine. They are not worn at the soles. I know that regular nordies has a generous return policy and I would certainly remember if they were worn at the soles.

10. CJG_NYC

CJG_NYC Senior member

Damn it, might have to jump on some Merlot McAllisters. I'm building my shoe game and while I have the Neumoks, I could use a traditional wingtip.

11. PhiPsi32

PhiPsi32 Senior member

The Merlot McAllisters look great. The Merlot McAllister or Burgundy Cambridge will be my next dress shoe.

12. CJG_NYC

CJG_NYC Senior member

Same here -- kicking myself for not getting on that Cordovan deal...

The McAllister/Cambridge would round out my collection for now:
    Black PA
    Brown Burnished Fifth Ave
    Walnut Strand
    Chili Randolph
    (Navy Neumok)

Then maybe it'll be time to start playing around with some other brands...

13. bucksfan

bucksfan Senior member

Wearing my black shell Leeds today. Breaking in nicely -probably on their 7th or so outing.
    [​IMG]

14. bucksfan

bucksfan Senior member

If the 5 last gives you a good fit, they really are great shoes. The shortwing design is a classic. The only decision is cordovan with a double sole or calf with a single...

Last edited: Apr 11, 2012
  15. halgrind

halgrind Member

Was in one the other day, saw plenty of Weybridges in walnut and black Hinsdales.

Also saw a brown suede Fifth Avenue size 12 narrow for only $100, was considering buying it for resale but that's a pretty specific size and look.

I recently found a burgundy Clifton for $44. Looks like someone at a Nordstrom scratched one trying it on, I found it hardly noticeable. Beautiful shoes.

[​IMG]

Basically, you won't find what you're looking for in Nordstrom Rack. But if you pop by regularly you'll eventually find a great deal on something.

Last edited: Apr 12, 2012
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.