• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Status
Not open for further replies.

CJG_NYC

Reaction score
just thought I'd follow up and let everyone know that I received by Woodlore Epic shoe tree. They fit amazingly in my Randolphs. :slayer:

PhiPsi32

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm glad to hear it too. I just received my Epic shoe trees as well. I went by the sizing chart on the website, but the trees are too small. Will be exchanging, but I would have hoped the chart would be more accurate.

zero neck

Reaction score
On the topic of shoe trees, my size is generally a 10 D - the last size it's recommended to get the Medium woodlore. A 10.5 D is supposed to get the large woodlore. Would it make much difference if i used a large woodlore (happen to have one, although i have some mediums as well) in the 10D? the fit is tight, but doesnt appear to be stretching out, and it doesnt take all that much effort to extract the tree. Of course, i dont want to destroy my park aves.

Last edited:

zero neck

Reaction score
I have the split toe - not sure if it's the epic. Not really very familiar with shoe trees. I have several that were hand me downs from my father and grandfather, and I recently purchased two woodlore trees myself - one is a large and the other is a medium.

Not sure what to do about the large, it seems to fit without being overly tight, but at the same time i obviously don't want to mess up the shoes. Maybe i'll just stick them in some slip on ck shoes i dont care about or try to sell it on amazon or ebay.

Thanks!

PhiPsi32

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I wouldn't worry about stretching the shoes. AE calf and cordovan is tough material. If it fits in the toe and fills up the shoe, you should be OK.

zero neck

Reaction score
Thanks Phi. I'll hold on to them. Maybe i'll keep them in my florsheim imperial cap toe bad weather beaters just to be on the safe side.

PhiPsi32

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Enjoy the Park Avenues. They're a great pair of shoes.

zero neck

Reaction score
They're great. I just got the pair of walnut fifths which i also really like, and i'm waiting a few days to see if strand or mcallister are on sale for the 90th to decide what to do about the walnut fifths - whether to exchange for brown or not basically.

I'm also really pleased with the florsheims - they're imperial canfield, i think they're called, and i got them for a serious discount and they're surprisingly nice. I pretty much only wear them when i need to walk all day or if its raining, so i dont destroy the PA's too fast and have something to rotate with.

JubeiSpiegel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I'm glad to hear it too.  I just received my Epic shoe trees as well.  I went by the sizing chart on the website, but the trees are too small.  Will be exchanging, but I would have hoped the chart would be more accurate.

I've read this topic before, they seem to have 2 charts, if I am not mistake...

Cold Iron

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I received my epic shoe trees also. Previously I ordered one epic and one boot tree from Amazon to check fit before purchasing enough to change over from my Rochester split toe trees. I'll move those over to my casual shoes. I'm a 10D and the Medium epic fits both the 1 and 5 last pretty well for me. Likely because the Medium can go up to a 10.5E. The correct size for a Woodlore boot tree is a large in 10D. The boot tree works well in most of my boots except the Dalton, the crown is too high for a correct fit in that boot. Still only have one boot tree waiting for a 20% sale to come up again.

CJG_NYC

Reaction score

They're great.  I just got the pair of walnut fifths which i also really like, and i'm waiting a few days to see if strand or mcallister are on sale for the 90th to decide what to do about the walnut fifths - whether to exchange for brown or not basically.

I saw your pics of the walnut fifth - they are really nice! For whatever its worth, I have the brown burnished fifth and the walnut strands. I can easily say, hands down, that my brown burnished fifth avenue is my absolute favorite shoe. I wish they made it in the Cordovan that the Strand is available in, in fact.

But, knowing I need another dark brownish shoe I think I'm going to wait until the 90th anniversary sale (or memorial day??) and jump on some McAllisters/Cambridges.

Some pics, or it didn't happen. :)

Damn it! I knew I forgot something. I'll be away from my Randolphs until Sunday - so I'll be sure to take some shots then. The epics in xtra small are a lot different than the regular full woodlore in small, yet the epic fills out the randolph even better than the bigger full tree does.

bucksfan

Reaction score
Today: Brown shell Strands (sorry no outdoor pic - was at work before the sun came up!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Staff online

Forum statistics