1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was. I'd like to keep you abreast of the improvements we've made over the past few days.
    @notification emails have been added, in response to user requests

Attached images are now Full Size by default

Users are now all allowed three (3) links in their signature files,

SSL certification is now in place so you can all browse securely.

The server has been reconfigured so that site speeds will improve.

Notice: Right now the site is slow because we are fixing all the images from the past 4 months. Many of you noticed that these were missing, and we are fixing that problem now. Unfortunately, it is taking up a lot of resources and causing the site to be slow.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Mild Mannered, Sep 27, 2009.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. thekosmicdesign

thekosmicdesign Active Member

I'm restarting my shoe collection. I have two pairs of casual Cole Haans that are my nicest shoes, but now I'm looking to get a couple better pairs suitable for the office and/or casual wear.

So far I'm leaning toward the black Park Avenue and the walnut Strand. I was going to wait for the Nordstrom anniversary sale to get both pairs. Are there other places to get them for cheaper ($200)?

2. Snoogz

Snoogz Well-Known Member

No, at this point your best bet is to hold on for Nordstrom sale and see what they offer. Not sure if they will have AE Strand...

3. Sleven

Sleven Well-Known Member

When I worked at Nordstrom, our store never had AE on the anniversary sale. Hopefully I'm mistaken and if so the 30% off is a great deal on new product. Otherwise, Brooks Brothers has a semi annual sale coming up as well...

4. spitshine123

spitshine123 Well-Known Member

As many posters have mentioned, the walnut strands are currently $199 for seconds. I've seen the park ave seconds get to that price also, so just be patient. Most of my AEs are seconds and I can't really tell what the defects are most of the time, its definitely worth the chance. If it doesnt work out, their customer service is also excellent with returns/exchanges

5. scrolls

scrolls Well-Known Member

Where'd you get that deal? I love the Malverns in brogue suede but can't pull the trigger for $335 [​IMG]

6. UglyJoe

UglyJoe Well-Known Member

Back in the 2/$200 deal they had seconds (which still listed at $259) as part of the deal. The only thing that I could see wrong with them was the nap on the right shoe was a little "hairy". Used a lighter to burn off the loose pieces and they look perfect.

7. smilelouis

smilelouis Well-Known Member

hi, when will be the Brooks Brothers Semi Annual Sale?

8. DJTraveler

DJTraveler Well-Known Member

Last edited: May 24, 2012
  9. Quadcammer

Quadcammer Well-Known Member

I did also, but a good deal on a bad product is no deal at all

10. asalerno

asalerno Active Member

those look sweet... might do those instead of strands in walnut (already have strands in black)...and I like this last in the hinsdale. thanks for the heads up.

11. scrolls

Why do you say bad product? Were yours in the suede?

12. Quadcammer

yes, they are brogue suede, and no i don't think they are a bad product.

My point was more general in that it doesn't make sense to buy a bad product at a cheap price, no matter how discounted.

I find the quality of the suede on my malverns to be very good, if not quite C&J or Alden

13. anonymouz

anonymouz Well-Known Member

14. UglyJoe

UglyJoe Well-Known Member

I concur. Either this was a different run (haven't seen the Hale in burnished walnut either) or the CGI mock up guys messed up. I'm convinced the the pictures on AE's website are all computer generated; most look almost nothing like the actual shoes themselves.

15. scrolls

Ok awesome, I misunderstood your comment. Been looking at the suede Malverns but don't want to spend $335 on them, was the $100 deal on a pair of seconds or eBay or what?

16. perfectson

perfectson Active Member

I want to get the Amoks but I've read that the 1st run of these shoes were abysmal and that the 2nd run was much better; however, being these are clearance/close out prices, does that mean these would be 1st run Amoks they are trying to get rid of?

17. itsmejson

itsmejson Well-Known Member

just picked these byron's up @ last chance.

does anyone know what color this is? chili?

[​IMG]

18. mekato1

mekato1 Well-Known Member

It was the 2 for $200 sale at AE outlet (phone/email orders accepted) that happened at the beginning of May (ran for a week or so). Mixed of first and seconds.
    clearance is for the amok"1" (i.e. the ones that come in standard width only)

19. Quadcammer

it was the 2/200 sale. I got a pair of first carlsbads and the malverns were 2nds. That being said, i cannot find what would make them seconds. They look perfect to me.

20. BFBFB

BFBFB Well-Known Member

Hey shoe heads..

Cedar Trees at Nordstrom Rack just went on sale today for 9.97$

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.