Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Mild Mannered, Sep 27, 2009.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hohneokc

hohneokc Senior member

I like the Kenwood for a casual penny loafer. You might check out the Montecito if you have a higher instep like myself.

Chris

2. Cold Iron

Cold Iron Senior member

Thanks bucksfan I really was 50\50 on the brown shell Strands and your advise is greatly appreciated. And respected. When I took the pictures I tried to take a shot of the heel on the left Strand to show the extreme color contrast of the sides but couldn't get it to show well on the camera. I'm sure most people will see it and think the shoes are defective, but they scream shell all the way. Thinking of the PA in brown shell next week when they go on sale as I almost never wear black any more. Still torn.

Spent first half hour last night brushing them, then Reno then another hour brushing again. I spent 3 hours brushing my shell Bradley's before I discovered the bowing and returned them. Someone is going to get a pair of Bradley seconds that absolutely glow! [​IMG]

3. Cold Iron

Cold Iron Senior member

My Bayfield's fits me snugly but well. I can wear them all day without issue. The Malvern on the other hand was too small in width and that boot is on the same last the #1. My shell Dalton boots are huge in comparison to any other shoe or boot I have on the 1 last. I have to use insoles to take up extra room.

Most of my shoes are on the #1 last and fit well but I too recently discovered the 5 last and find it extremely comfortable for me so far. It does open up the door to a lot of shoes... Until today the McAllister was my most comfortable shoe but I have worn my new shell Strands all day today and my feet feel great yet. I will end up working till ~2 AM this morning so I will know by then for sure but they currently are at the head of the pack for me. Especially for a new shoe that isn't broken in yet?! But have a different pair in the briefcase just in case.

4. kmdsimpson

kmdsimpson Senior member

I agree with your take on the walnut burnished Rutledge. Something about the burnishing when seen in real life just does not look right to me on the Independence Collection shoes. I hate to say this, but it makes the leather look cheap IMO. The black, however, looks great.

I'd like to see them do the Independence shoes in straight walnut or brown, without the burnishing.

Last edited: Apr 11, 2012

5. kmdsimpson

kmdsimpson Senior member

Your Strands looks awesome. Really sorry I slept on those when they were available.

6. zero neck

zero neck Well-Known Member

some real beauts! jealous of those shell strands

7. zero neck

Couple pics of the Walnut fifths - per request of zerostyle.

The pants (all three) are slightly long, havent hemmed them yet but plan to take them up .5 to 1 inch or so.

Please excuse the gf's dorm room floor. I know the speckled tile is magnificent but please try to contain yourselves.

With light gray slacks:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

with darker gray-brownish slacks:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

with camel-brown slacks:
    [​IMG]

8. Quadcammer

Quadcammer Senior member

its difficult to explain just looking at the picture, but the angle on the carmina's toe seems less stubby and the length of the cap looks longer, again making the toe look more elongated which tends to go more nicely with the chisel toe.

The angle of the picture doesn't help the rutledge's cause either.

9. JubeiSpiegel

JubeiSpiegel Senior member

Newmora finally came in to the AE store i frequent:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

They look great in person, nice sleek last, and interestingly (unlike the Larchmont & Flatiron) it has a standard leather insole. Construction was similar to the old Mora, with the only complaint being that the buckles feel a bit thin. I regret that they did not have enough sizes for me to try my usual size. So i will have to comment on fit later. Enjoy. :slayer:

10. zero neck

Thanks for the pics! they look pretty rad.

11. JubeiSpiegel

Another look at the Rutledge:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

They only had it in black, i was really hoping to finally see the burnished brown. But it looks like a slick shoe, and i would consider it for a black dress shoe if it did not have so many sections with the ripple edges, especially on the cap toe and the tongue. :confused:

12. slimfit4me

slimfit4me Active Member

I saw it today also at the AE store. Since it was new, they also didn't have it in my size on hand. I did tried on the over sized one that they had just to get a rough feel for it. I had them order one in black for me to properly try out. Since it's on the #3 last, hopefully it will fit like the Larchmont model that I do have.

13. JubeiSpiegel

Lastly, some Daltons for good measure:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

They look stunning in person, there are too many shoes that i want for this up coming sale... :bounce2:

14. plei89

plei89 Senior member

The toe is a little too boxy for my taste

15. RingTail

RingTail Senior member

I took mine on their maiden voyage today, quite nice.
    I agree ripple edge in the tongue was really weird, note how shoes in the independence collection don't indicate where they were made.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.