• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Status
Not open for further replies.

LeviMay

Reaction score
We received about 8 inches of snow over the weekend, so today saw a new tweed suit and some HDLP-ed Long Branches:

OptoDoc

Reaction score
Quote:
These shall be my next shoe. Really wish I had gotten a pair when they were $157 this summer at Nordstrom's.

ridethecliche

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
The blue looks really nice too. I think it would be pretty versatile as well!

njruss

Reaction score
Quote:
Agreed. They come with white laces and I was planning on getting the yellow ones for days when maize and blue are in order. Also, you can order these at a store so you can get a proper fitting if desired.

OptoDoc

Reaction score
I already have the Spiaggia in blue. One blue shoe is enough to last me a lifetime. However, these brown leather Neumoks
cool.gif

Last edited:

Pastor

Reaction score

So, today started out great. Nice weather... good day to wear a little unlined Walnut Shell... Then after I get to work... the horror..... :devil: I have a call into customer care to see what they can do... :(
Mine did the same thing and they ended up replacing them. Not sure that's an option since they are out of walnut shell. Hopefully it can be repaired.

AdamAdam

Reaction score
My chocolate brown Daltons have arrived. I really like them. Being on the 1 last they aren't "sleek" but I knew that going in. I also wear an 8E so a bit wide and not that long which I'm sure contributes to the "fatter" look. It'll be interesting to see how they look with dress pants or a suit. I really love the color.

We got some strong wind and rain here the other day so you'll notice the (dead) potted, toppled shrub in the background.

jungleroller

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Those chocolate Daltons are gorgeous!

AdamAdam

Reaction score
I just used Obenauf's LP. And as an FYI, I got mine at a Cabelas - they had big displays of the LP and Oil. I got some of each. LP is totally natural and a great skin moisturizer, so you dip your fingers in and slather it onto your boots with your bare hands - your skin warmth liquified it and helps it absorb. Leather is an animal's skin - you wouldn't use a cotton cloth to rub moisturizer into your own hands, so don't for your shoes either.

I assume this is the stuff: http://www.amazon.com/Obenaufs-Heav...8&qid=1383588615&sr=8-1&keywords=Obenauf's+LP

I have a pair of Bayfield on the way. Did you find that it changed the color of the brown CXL at all?

BootSpell

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Mine did the same thing and they ended up replacing them. Not sure that's an option since they are out of walnut shell. Hopefully it can be repaired.

Now you guys are scaring me. Mine are about a year and a half old. How old were your guys?

My sympathy is with you, bkotsko. Let us know how you fare.

bkotsko

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Now you guys are scaring me. Mine are about a year and a half old. How old were your guys?

My sympathy is with you, bkotsko. Let us know how you fare.
Beth in AE recrafting told me it is no problem (sight unseen).
I sent them in already this morning, and hopefully should have something back within a week or so.
Ill post the after pics.
This problem got me a little worried about the MTO unlined black shell Daltons I ordered during the sale.
I almost called Allison about it today to make sure it wasnt an issue with them being unlined.
Fingers crossed.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 104 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 103 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 36 12.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.5%

Forum statistics

Threads