• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

cc808314

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

sterlingindigo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Dear forum members,

I just want to take a moment to say...

YOU ARE ALL FRICKIN' WEASELS.

And I thank you.

Since joining this group, my style sense and fashion have all certainly improved. I have purchased and worn shoes that were WAY out of my comfort zone. Tassel loafers, NST, long wings, spectators, suede, hell, I am currently waiting on a weave Palm Beach - WTF?!?. you have all helped me push my own boundaries. I never imagined wearing seersucker - a special shoutout to @Roycru for that. @BagleyBrown a thank you for introducing me to Bill's Khaki's.

And to all of you that I didn't specifically mention, you have all educated me in some way. Thanks for sharing your knowledge and for helping me grow on my shoe journey.

Sincerely,
AEFANINTAMPA
Tampa needs d weave!

Thrift Couture

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So, like several posters in recent days, I am a shell newb. (thank you Ashley). New Strand shell burgundies arrived today. I'll post photos tomorrow or Friday.

So, for now, a care Question. I'm just going to brush them up for now, but when it is time for polish, what to use? I have the regular AE cream burgundy, for a calf pair of Manchesters. That work, or something different?

And leather lotion, will that do anything positive?

So glad you asked. Other than VSC, you won’t need anything for at least a year. But if you feel compelled, then AE burgundy shell creme. If you ever want a smidge of wax, then marine cordovan Lincoln wax. Please no standard creme polish.
As I have learned in the past year, less is more with shell cordovan. What @Shoenut said.
I pass to you my mantra: Brush, wear, repeat. Enjoy!

ccpl14

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Key Largo at Wrigley Field
5A878411-3EB8-4498-8E8A-1E5130880299.jpeg

Cubs fans....

Shoes4play

Reaction score
James1051 said:

So, like several posters in recent days, I am a shell newb. (thank you Ashley). New Strand shell burgundies arrived today. I'll post photos tomorrow or Friday.

So, for now, a care Question. I'm just going to brush them up for now, but when it is time for polish, what to use? I have the regular AE cream burgundy, for a calf pair of Manchesters. That work, or something different?

911 @madhat @smfdoc @Shoes4play @ any shell lovin soul. HELP.

My .02 ??

Since they're new, I'd just wipe with a damp cloth and brush like crazy. I wouldn't put any product on them at this time. That would come much later, after several wearings. I'd use VSC when necessary, and use the cordovan creme to restore color when needed.

BTW, the Burgundy Shell Strands are really nice.

Strand - Burgundy.JPG

Strand - Burgundy Shell #1.JPG

Last edited:

Craftedpig7

Reaction score
James1051 said:

My .02 ??

Since they're new, I'd just wipe with a damp cloth and brush like crazy. I wouldn't put any product on them at this time. That would come much later, after several wearings. I'd use VSC when necessary, and use the cordovan creme to restore color when needed.

View attachment 979034

View attachment 979037

Those are fantastic!

Shoes4play

Reaction score

sterlingindigo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They look very nice. I have been debating for the last couple of days whether I should pick up a brown pair.

Thanks. A good pair of brown LHS loafers is a fine addition to the wardrobe. I have the full straps in burgundy shell and tassels in natural shell and tan suede. I guess I’m a loafer guy now. Beats the alternative and wait til hell freezes over to score a pair of Alden cigar LHS’s for twice the price. Now some say they’ve’d (always wanted to do that) trouble with fit, but mine feel fine.

James1051

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So glad you asked. Other than VSC, you won’t need anything for at least a year. But if you feel compelled, then AE burgundy shell creme. If you ever want a smidge of wax, then marine cordovan Lincoln wax. Please no standard creme polish.

As I have learned in the past year, less is more with shell cordovan. What @Shoenut said.
I pass to you my mantra: Brush, wear, repeat. Enjoy!

My .02 ??

View attachment 979034

View attachment 979037

Thanks gents!

ProfilaBinding

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know more about this company? They are selling a few styles that are pretty rare to find. Their shoe images leave a lot to be desired, but it appears they are selling brown shell Leeds and brown Cambridge's. I wonder if that pair of brown shell Leeds that someone picked up last year at the Tent Sale, were actually made for this company.

https://www.lazzariweb.it/en/leeds-shoes-p-616-123.html

wasmisterfu

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
James1051 said:

My .02 ??

View attachment 979034

View attachment 979037

Those look sweet!

wasmisterfu

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know more about this company? They are selling a few styles that are pretty rare to find. Their shoe images leave a lot to be desired, but it appears they are selling brown shell Leeds and brown Cambridge's. I wonder if that pair of brown shell Leeds that someone picked up last year at the Tent Sale, were actually made for this company.

https://www.lazzariweb.it/en/leeds-shoes-p-616-123.html
Never heard of them, but the Cambridge hasn't been around for a while IIRC. If they had a pair of Cambridge's in my size, I'd buy 'em in a heartbeat... provided these guys were legit.

wasmisterfu

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads