• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants are now live. These cargos are based off vintage US Army BDU (Battle Dress Uniform) cargos. They're made of a premium 13.5-ounce Japanese twill that has been sulfur dyed for a vintage look. Every detail has been carried over from the inspiration and elevated. Available in two colorways, tundra and woodland. Please find them here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shoes4play

Reaction score
Those look sweet!
strand-burgundy-shell-1-jpg.979037

Thanks.

Last edited:

sterlingindigo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know more about this company? They are selling a few styles that are pretty rare to find. Their shoe images leave a lot to be desired, but it appears they are selling brown shell Leeds and brown Cambridge's. I wonder if that pair of brown shell Leeds that someone picked up last year at the Tent Sale, were actually made for this company.

https://www.lazzariweb.it/en/leeds-shoes-p-616-123.html
Never heard of em but those brown shell Cambridge’s need to be repatriated and put into my wardrobe.

Aenonymous

Reaction score
This reminds me of something I’ve been curious about. I have a pair of vintage AE “Tom Dick and Harry” (Yes it’s true) wingtips which according to old catalogs and model# are ftom 1968–the footbed however is the kind used in the 80’s(“the handcrafted world of AE”) my question is: if these were recrafted in the 80’s would they replace the original “Ostendo cushioned heel” insole with the current (80’s) insole?
The insole is one of the few items in a recraft that wouldn't get replaced. AE's pitch used to be that the insole has taken the shape of your foot, so they don't replace it, but in reality with a GYW shoe, you really can't replace the insole as it's the one thing the entire shoe is built around. So if they did replace it they might as well be building a whole new shoe with an old upper. So I would typically say no, they didn't replace the insole, but given your facts I wouldn't know how to account for that. Does anybody know when the Ostendo insole was phased out? Any chance there was a period of overlap of the two insoles?

Thrift Couture

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know more about this company? They are selling a few styles that are pretty rare to find. Their shoe images leave a lot to be desired, but it appears they are selling brown shell Leeds and brown Cambridge's. I wonder if that pair of brown shell Leeds that someone picked up last year at the Tent Sale, were actually made for this company.

Those are nice!

mreams99

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I get sad and die just a little inside when I see a SF member who does not get the Sasquatch socks of his dreams. Therefore, I searched and I believe I found them for you. Click here.

View attachment 978927
You know what’s ironic about these socks?

They aren’t available in an XL size for someone with big feet.

Neo1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I too have never heard of them but seeing an ad for a shoebank outlet store in Seravale the last time I was in Italy, this seems possible at least.

St Hubbins

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
View attachment 978949 Received my special delivery today. My very first pair of shells. I’m the proud papa of these Patriots. I think we will be very happy together.
Those are great congrats! Previously I thought I wanted a pair of Randolphs but now I realize that the AE Patriot and Alden LHS are the way to go (if they fit right).

Neo1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Maritime. Neo1 wrote up a nice review on the AE website and has commented here frequently.

Maritimes are his favorite for fit, build and comfort. Eastports were not.

I love my Maritimes. TTS and super comfortable.

Lol....I honestly didn't even remember writing a review on that until you mentioned it. It's always funny to look through the AE site for "most helpful" and read one and say, hey wait a minute, I wrote that. Although people weren't too hot about my Sea Island review...(chuckle)

wasmisterfu

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This reminds me of something I’ve been curious about. I have a pair of vintage AE “Tom Dick and Harry” (Yes it’s true) wingtips which according to old catalogs and model# are ftom 1968–the footbed however is the kind used in the 80’s(“the handcrafted world of AE”) my question is: if these were recrafted in the 80’s would they replace the original “Ostendo cushioned heel” insole with the current (80’s) insole?

They actually continued to make the TD&H on and off into the 80's, but not listed in the catalog (most likely it was store specific at that point). I have a pair of mid-late 90's bal-cliftons that are not in any of the catalogs (as far as I've seen) but were a Nordstrom special (really neat shoe too). As the insole is an integral component of the upper, it can't be replaced (AFAIK). Cork, welt, soles heals and finishing can all be redone, but not the insole.

Quick question, do your shoes feature a fully leather lined interior, or is it half leather half canvas?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads