• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

rumjt

Reaction score
Excellent graphic. I am also a D shape, so thanks for the explanation. Now I know why I returned the Cornwallis and Exchange Place!
Exact. Same. Boat. Tried several times but I just couldn't get the Cornwallis to work. At least now I know I'm not the only D foot.

Thomas Crown

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
THIS is the highest resolution image I could find. He appears to wear these in many of the scenes. I leave it to you expert shoe sleuths to determine which bluchers these are.
My first guess was incorrect,I believe. It appears that Tom Hanks is bringing down tricky Dick with Alden 990 shell #8s-not Florsheim 93606s

smfdoc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Shoes for court today.

Update: total victory. It must have been the shoes.

9A22B0A7-CACC-4C3B-B100-CD8380B61C51.jpeg

Last edited:

St Hubbins

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
SA is looking into these. $117 seems like a really solid deal. Did you guys size down a half-size in these or your Strandmoks? That’s what was recommended to me, even though other 65 last shoes (PA, McA, FA) all fit with my normal size
I did not size down for mine, but I sort of wish I did. Derbies & bluchers on the 65 last to me are a more generous fit than balmorals.

madhat

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
SA is looking into these. $117 seems like a really solid deal. Did you guys size down a half-size in these or your Strandmoks? That’s what was recommended to me, even though other 65 last shoes (PA, McA, FA) all fit with my normal size
Strandmok 2.0 is on the 201, which is the 65 with more volume. I think I've read the oak streets have more volume more like the 201 than the 65 that are on

cardsfan89

Reaction score
Strandmok 2.0 is on the 201, which is the 65 with more volume. I think I've read the oak streets have more volume more like the 201 than the 65 that are on

Are the Brown/Grey strandmok’s at nordy 2.0? They’re the ones with the blue sole, simply titled Strandmok, not Strandmok 2.0. was under the impression these were 65 last.

aero25

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I size down for all my 65 last shoes. If you don't size down for any other 65 last shoe, I'd think you wouldn't here, either.

Shoenut

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I did not size down for mine, but I sort of wish I did. Derbies & bluchers on the 65 last to me are a more generous fit than balmorals.
The Oak Streets have a heel pad on top of the Poron. For me it almost puts me out of the heel cup. Once I compressed the top heel pad the whole fit fell into place.

ProfilaBinding

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I believe your toe configuration will determine whether or not you need to size up for the 1943.
maxresdefault.jpg

If your foot resembles B or D, then it's likely that you would have to size up. If your foot looks like A or C, then my guess is that your normal size should be okay. Mine looks more like D, so I need to size up to keep my toes from being pinched. However, this increases the volume in the shoe to the point that it's excessive, so I have simply passed on all 1943 lasted shoes.

I'm a C on that list, but I'm curious -- do people really have feet that look like B??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 99 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 96 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 11.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads