• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

orange fury

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Polarized lenses are an absolute must in all circumstances, but especially helpful while fishing!

No kidding. I have some really nice Persol 3028’s (more squared version of the folding 0714’s) that I use as my “suit glasses”, but they don’t get much use outside of that due specifically to the lack of polarization.

ProfilaBinding

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone else read the AE reviews for entertainment? I suspect this guy has never bought an AE shoe before.

(on the Delray):

rating.gif

VARIABLE QUALITY IS SEEMS
December 17, 2017
I purchased my first shoes. the leather of the right shoe creased immediately upon walking in them; within 15 min. The more formal look of the shoe was immediately lost as if they were worn in from years of wear.
I would like to exchange and am waiting to hear from Eservice.

Erocks

Reaction score
Anyone else read the AE reviews for entertainment? I suspect this guy has never bought an AE shoe before.

(on the Delray):

rating.gif

December 17, 2017
I purchased my first shoes. the leather of the right shoe creased immediately upon walking in them; within 15 min. The more formal look of the shoe was immediately lost as if they were worn in from years of wear.
This guy the reason AE jacked up the price for returns. He has probably purchased and returned 40 pairs already this year because each creased after worn.

Mr. Wonderbeak

Reaction score

(on the Delray):

rating.gif

December 17, 2017
If he is to be taken literately, he has never purchased any shoes ha. Yes, he doesn't get how leather works.

thewodg

Reaction score
Thanks to all who replied! I can live with sloppy finishing as long as they are cosmetic issues. I am not too hard on my dress shoes, so hopefully neither will be an issue.

Against all odds, my SA found a pair of Strands in burgundy shell cordovan, though in 10D rather than 9.5E, which will be fine for a shoe that I can no longer order in my exact size. As you can see, the left shoe is a little lighter than the right. Think I could darken them up with some burgundy creme cordovan? Or should I stick with my MacNeils?

IMG_20180315_185127.jpg

madhat

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Against all odds, my SA found a pair of Strands in burgundy shell cordovan, though in 10D rather than 9.5E, which will be fine for a shoe that I can no longer order in my exact size. As you can see, the left shoe is a little lighter than the right. Think I could darken them up with some burgundy creme cordovan? Or should I stick with my MacNeils?

View attachment 941828
I say love the variability of shell and don't change a thing.

FiddlerJC

Reaction score

(on the Delray):

rating.gif

December 17, 2017
Oh yeah, some of those reviews are hilarious....

FiddlerJC

Reaction score

View attachment 941828
My eye is drawn to the medallion initially, any difference is not nearly as obvious. Plus, if your pants are ordinarily a little longer, I think most people (not on this forum) would never notice.

ELClodge

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I’m not having great shoe luck the last few days, hoping some of my friends on here can help out. (And apologize for the wall of text)

I was mega excited about my natural horse front Rider Boot Co Chelseas I received a few weeks ago, but after wearing them just 4 times, both shoes squeak unlike anything I have ever heard. It sounds like it’s originating from the heel counters, as it’s not coming from the area on the welt, but right above it, and exclusive to that area on both boots.

I haven’t experienced this before, is it just breaking in? Something go wrong in the manufacturing process? I took them to the only local cobbler I know of and they said “try to return them, or conditioning might possibly help” without any other real explanation.

I have also reached out to Rider, and they are extremely helpful and I trust that they will stand by their product. Unfortunately, there are no plans to release these boots again and I’d really like to make them work. Any thoughts from the guys who I know could obsess over this as much as me?

danwatts2005

Reaction score
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Consider Sustainability When Purchasing Clothes?

• Always - Sustainability is a top priority in all my clothing purchases.

• Often - I frequently consider sustainability, but it isn't the main factor in my decisions.

• Rarely - I seldom consider sustainability when purchasing clothes.

• Never - Sustainability is not a factor I consider in my clothing choices.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Skeem1