• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

M635Guy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

James1051

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Quite true. And over time that collection grows with life, and experiences. I am 64 tomorrow and can date my life's chronicle through my shoe collection. Where I was, whom I was involved with, job interviews, job promotions, even doctor and hospital visits. And naturally my progression in shoe culture and awareness. View attachment 1074016

Berfday brunch begets bourbon boots beneath bodacious blue.

View attachment 1074082

Happy Boithday, fellers
just hit 65 myself, last weekend.

James1051

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
MD chukkas for a haircut trip and then off to pick up some boots.

View attachment 1074125 View attachment 1074126

Plus some Gobi maintenance too since I had extra VSC poured out of the bottle. Just some VSC and brushing on these as well for this round but the shine really cranked up a notch from that treatment. There is something therapeutic about cleaning and shining shoes for me. I hope you all are having a great Sunday!
View attachment 1074243
damn, I do love me some chukkas! well done, guys

BagleyBrown

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Think I have the same - lovat moleskin?

Shirt is thick
100% cotton and flannel lined.
It is oversized (2xlt) and I wear XLT...so I wear it as an overshirt or light jacket.

Would like a lined moleskin shirt but, not going there to look. Usually, NIMS, even Filson.

Shoenut

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
F4FAFFF0-E952-458C-B311-8AA57ACB233C.jpeg
Very close call today. I am glad these whole cut Blake and rapid stitch did not fit. Not a fan of rapid stitch but for the price of this wholecut I would have been ok with it.

ProfilaBinding

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They both look great! Guessing the pair on the left is oxblood? What polish and wax did you use?

Thank you. It's actually merlot from 2016, but oxblood can look very similar. After brushing and conditioning with Bick 4, I used a little Saphir Creme Surfine (white shoe cream) on the front of the shoe, and then followed up with AE merlot creme polish. Lastly, I used just a little bit of AE black creme polish on the toes. I find the Creme Surifne does a great job as a sort of neutral polish. I think it contains a little wax as well, but I might be wrong.

@Shoenut -- are those Cheaney?

smfdoc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Lots of shoe maintenance happening today and I worked on some Alden PTBs I had on earlier. I did use AE burgundy cordovan shoe cream, so its not totally off topic. Shoe Appreciation. Carry on.

IMG_3936.jpg

Paul902

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Lots of shoe maintenance happening today and I worked on some Alden PTBs I had on earlier. I did use AE burgundy cordovan shoe cream, so its not totally off topic. Shoe Appreciation. Carry on.

View attachment 1074361
smfdoc, I always love how in your wall pictures the shoes seem to be floating in 3D mid air. Shoe Magic right there!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members