• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shoonoob

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Well if you wait long enough they apparently do still respond to email inquiries.

20180925_194003.jpg

mreams99

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
As I was leaving work, there were only a handful of us still around. My boss was talking to a couple of the others as we both headed towards the door. He said to everyone “whatever happened to the good old days when everyone stayed until after the boss left?”

Taking that as my cue, I opened the door for him and said “after you.”

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Looks great! Mine were originally slated to come in Thursday, but now it’s showing tomorrow. Pics to follow obviously.

View attachment 1041855

You forgot “booze” in there. Speaking of which:
View attachment 1041856

The regular 1792 is decent, but this is a single barrel, 125 proof version. It’s delicious.

Also, my cigar has a moose on the band:
View attachment 1041859

You’re missing out, check out LL Bean’s chamois cloth shirts. They’re like flannel on steroids. I also have many LLB scotch plaid flannels, several Pendleton flannels, and several Columbia flannels (which I like more for outdoor use)

Caleres sucks hard
Target has selvedge denim
I have a bourbon
The point is, I don't want a flannel shirt- at least not a plaid flannel shirt.

OmBom

Reaction score
Target Selvedge Jean report - went with normal waist size, fit is fine in the waist, rise ok, button fly not a deal breaker, the thing that I don't like about them is only 5 belt loops, could benefit from 7, but it's a minor thing. Wear test over few days shall see if they are worth the $40.

I picked up a pair last night. There's much to like, especially the rise, and the availability of exact lengths. Agree that 7 belt loops would be better than 5. The bottoms are pre-rolled 2", for lazy types like me. No expert, but they appear similar to a pair of Gustin selvedge jeans I've tried, but seldom wear, because they seem too heavy and stiff at 18 oz. The Target 14 oz. fabric and lower price are better for me. They are MiBangladesh.

Thanks @St Hubbins

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I picked up a pair last night. There's much to like, especially the rise, and the availability of exact lengths. Agree that 7 belt loops would be better than 5. The bottoms are pre-rolled 2", for lazy types like me. No expert, but they appear similar to a pair of Gustin selvedge jeans I've tried, but seldom wear, because they seem too heavy and stiff at 18 oz. The Target 14 oz. fabric and lower price are better for me. They are MiBangladesh.

Thanks @St Hubbins
Honestly, they remind me of the Levi's I used to get as a kid. Stiff as a board for most of the summer as mom would wash them and then hang them outside. I think that the Target ones are ok for the price and they do come pre-rolled, but I think that is for display purposes only, as one doesn't have to cuff them if one doesn't want to :)

quickonthetree

Reaction score
Just got back from an extra long weekend in the Shenandoah Valley for a friend's wedding and my wedding anniversary.

Able to take the Northlands off-road a bit in Shenandoah National Park:
View attachment 1041840
They've worn in enough to wear on a 1.5 mile "strenuous hike" (according to the park service) without any blisters. It wasn't much more than a walk down a gravel path.

And my merlot McAllisters against the flooring of some hall on Washington & Lee's campus for the reception:
View attachment 1041841

It was a good trip, and I'm expecting my olive MD Chukkas Thursday.

Did you visit Lee Chapel? Such a beautiful place. Shame that they removed the flags.

orange fury

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

BackInTheJox

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

orange fury

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What's the length like on these shirts?

From previous years:
C5726211-C2B0-4D82-9CDA-99250BADC7BA.jpeg
5A470727-E95A-43C1-A6A2-BD271AC4B1A0.jpeg

I buy these in a medium, because the sleeves will shrink a little bit after washing (a lot if you dry them, but I hang dry everything). The Apple cinnamon plaid is actually a small- it was the first one I bought, and after buying several other ones in small with sleeves that became too short after the first wash, I’m convinced they screwed up in a good way with that specific shirt. As a note- they are VERY generously sized. I never wear them tucked in- typically I’ll wear them as a light jacket over a button down, and in cooler weather, as a mid weight layer under a Barbour or barn coat.

I’ll try all three on and post current pics tomorrow

Edit: also- Go ‘Stros! Broke the 100-win mark tonight for the second year in a row, hoping for another one of these bad boys:
3DFD22B8-C446-4A4E-8869-6D7FF424C839.jpeg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads