• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

A Daily "Mens Clothing" and "Streetwear and Denim" Fit Comparison Thread

Nereis

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Parker wins. I just don't like the top half of the MC fit. Maybe if he didn't look like he was trying to match it to his shoes or changed up his pose it'd look better.

Bam!ChairDance

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I prefer Parker's fit because he has made it clear to us that he possesses a pair of hands. Though if he continues his nail biting habit, that may not continue to be the case.

With Furo, however, there is some ambiguity. He could remove his arms from his pockets and reveal a pair of bloody stumps or worse, reveal that he never had hands his entire life. Which would force me to imagine him going through childhood and early adulthood begging his peers to help him open doors, lift silverware, and get dressed (which probably explains the red t-shirt).

I have sympathy for the handless. Really, I do. But I would rather go through my Sunday knowing that the SFers who appear on my screen fully and unambiguously own a pair of hands.

Last edited:

ma1

Reaction score
+1 parker. Furo looks like he's about to topple over. Also like he's dressed by the internet circa 2007.

johanm

Reaction score
Parker's fit looks infinitely cooler to me. I have never understood the appeal of the workwear / Americana look (cuffed jeans, Indys/red wings, red t-shirt).

the shah

OG Yamamoto
Reaction score
those aldens are weird. the contrast stitching is not too appealing to me. i don't care for massive cuffs. red shirt isn't contrasting enough with the rest of the outfit.peacocking pose is awkward. parker would win by default i think, but it's just a lot cleaner, the sneakers are great (slim raf , it would seem, plain white is best, plain black too, then tricky but some others can be great), white tee adds nice contrast, and the aggressive [rick] leather just blends into the outfit.

that said, i wouldn't mind the aldens to go hiking in :D

Last edited:

Lionheart Biker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don´t think furo looks bad. I like the look; jacket´s nice, jeans too, but he happens to be paired with a master. Parker just nails the cool factor with the leather jacket + white tee. The jeans fit great and the sneakers are pretty solid. Vote for Mr. Parker.

fritzl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Miran2

Reaction score
F. Corbera, this exercise is starting to completely lose its point...

There is nothing particularly "MC" about the fit on the left....there is nothing particular "SW&D" about the fit on the right.
In fact, both seem SW&D...hardly surprising since it's the weekend...I would go so far as to say the furo "MC" fit is has more hallmarks of SW&D hipster culture...the Alden 403s, the cuffed jeans....than the parker "SW&D fit"....

This has come down to just comparing similar fits from two people...one who posts on MC vs one who posts on SW&D....I take it today is casual short jacket and jeans....yesterday was shirt, chinos, and some sort of jacket or vest...the day before was jacket, tailored vs unstructured....and this is totally off the point of the fundamental difference between MC and SW&D since the fits are not representative at all...

Last edited:

FlyingMonkey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Miran, you miss lots of points here. These are both people trying to do the same kind of thing (simple and effortless, basically), but Parker nails it. It's not that Furo's is terrible, it's just... unstylish (and is this case, the pose serves only to emphasize this). I don't think this is because it is 'workwear' or 'Americana' - that can be done well, but there has to be a bit more commitment to the look than this.

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
the furo vs Parker matchup is interesting, because a) Parker is wearing recognizable designs, big dollar, and they're not exactly new either - so I guess they have some staying power, rarer on this side of the fence... and b) Parker's fit is OTR stuff, but it should be noted that Rick Owens and Dior Homme is not democratic in fit - rather the opposite, and it takes a certain figure and knowledge of one's self to wear it well. Dior Homme denim is still after many years almost impossible to replicate the exact fit of, and it also doesn't really translate to real-world photos that well but always looks great in person. The seat fit and the leg taper are so key. Anyway, that said - it has the cachet and the baller status without being flashy, hits the right buttons, and the fitment is calculated but doesn't look it - these are all the things the MC guys like right?

furo looks so anonymous, it's just a bunch of clothes put together to me. There's no apparent aim.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads