A Daily "Mens Clothing" and "Streetwear and Denim" Fit Comparison Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by F. Corbera, Mar 22, 2012.

1. Master Milano

Master Milano Senior member

sheesh sorry i didn't recognize a picture of them ( albiet a famous one)

and i like how WvB changed over the years

[​IMG]

2. VLSI

VLSI Senior member

[VIDEO][/VIDEO]

3. fritzl

fritzl Senior member

you don't get it, sorry.

4. Miran2

Miran2 Senior member

Last edited: Mar 25, 2012

5. jrd617

jrd617 Senior member

Furo's jeans are cut too wide for his build. The 30s/50s reproduction cut looks too baggy. The proportions of the cuffs are distracting too.

On a tangential note, F Corbera, what jeans model is this? They look good. MC denim done right.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 26, 2012

6. afixedpoint

afixedpoint Crossfit

^Perhaps a more reserved pattern would pair better with denim as well.

7. Lel

Lel Senior member

Excellent rebuttal, as expected.

MC Casual is just too obsessed over preferential details that they can't realize that things like stacking can be changed. GetSmart cuffed his jeans for years and no one ever thought it looked bad on him. The example of Vox(?) shows its possible to hem your jeans to a middle ground, but SW&D prefers stacking.

8. F. Corbera

F. Corbera Senior member

KMW 1980 MIJ, I think.

Yeah, I agree...that fit was more about an experiment on what to do with a difficult gun club pattern on the jacket more than anything else. I might wear a tailored jacket with jeans twice a year.

9. fritzl

fritzl Senior member

fwiw, i did. you shouldn't expect things, you're not aware of. you tell me that i do not understand stacking, cuffing, hemming and the whole concept of denim. i can tell you, that i'm almost double your age and i've seen more things due to the circumstances. besides, you might not know that there are countries outside of the US, do you?

it's a matter of fact that i do not like stacking and cuffing, i understand it, though. you feel better now? i hope so.

also, i don't have a checklist. what i wore today: dark brown suede sneakers, ludwig reiter from their bowling line. rl jeans, don't ask me which. they fit. black round neck longsleeve cotton shirt. chocolate brown, cotton bomber jacket. can be worn on both sides. dark blue on the inside. do i need a concept for this? no. do i post a picture? no.

10. fritzl

fritzl Senior member

would you mind explaining the difference between furo's and your denim, besides the cuffing?

11. F. Corbera

F. Corbera Senior member

For guys who regularly wear coat and tie, anything without the tie is "casual."

I don't see "casual" as the communicative word for many of the the looks in SW&D since a lot of them are contemporary alternatives to/replacements for coat and tie in the very enivironments (professional or social) in which coat and tie had been pervasively expected in the past.

So, a lot of SW&D is not the casual end of a spectrum that includes old school tailored looks.

Over the years, I would say that the casual looks presented photographically in the MC forum (in the general WAYWRN and in the more recent MC Casual threaks) fall into four groups:

1. Classic Casual. Casual suits and jackets. Looks without jackets but drawn from the classic vocabulary of sportswear, countrywear, and weekend leisure clothes. This group almost entirely went with the wind as the MC forum decapitated itself, but there are guys left here and there who do this. These types of looks have had many years for all rough edges to be knocked off, so when done they look pretty damn good.

2. SW&D Flipovers. Head to toe SW&D looks worn on days off from work; or during the week in professional environments that tolerate both the necktie and sneakers. Think gdl203 or Parker as recently active examples of this. The refinement process for these looks is familiar to all of you active in SW&D.

3. Pitti Sympathizers. You know the looks that I'm talking about. This group isn't as prominent on SF as one might expect, and seems tilted toward members outside of the English-speaking world. They might have a slim presence on SF since it is a difficult look to own in, say, a typical American city or town.

4. MC/SW&D Hybridizers. This is the biggest group right now. I reserve commentary, if any, for the future. My working theory is that a lot of the members in this group are actually guys who dressed casually most of their lives and are coming into circumstances or an age where they have to, or want to, wear coat an tie. So, a lot of college guys who are about to be or are recently graduated. Bros to bows.

12. F. Corbera

F. Corbera Senior member

A real denimhead can explain it better. The KMWs are a slim, straight fit with a mid-rise. They're the same at the knee and at the hem...about 8.25" I think. In that pic, those are still pre-wash, so they would sit less on the boots after their first shrink.

I don't know anything about furo's jeans.

13. F. Corbera

F. Corbera Senior member

14. fritzl

fritzl Senior member

ah ok. many thanks

15. fritzl

fritzl Senior member

i prefer mc greg. it looks more relaxed and less put on, imo.